Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

naem posted:

The mass of unemployed will reach critical and vote for survivable benefits and the rich will pay high taxes to support us idle rather than pay us wages to work it's going to be fun :911:

When robots become so advanced that they can be programmed to do any job, the first job the rich will program them to do is to kill the poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

hakimashou posted:

When robots become so advanced that they can be programmed to do any job, the first job the rich will program them to do is to kill the poor.

This won't happen before the masses vote for turbo benefits. There's too much political clout in the masses

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eRzBNzVohc

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnZyTaSdBs0

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

hakimashou posted:

In 20 years autistic europeans will pay for the privilige of remotely driving trucks in their spare time from their homes.

i'd pay top dollar to remotely operate a war rig thundering across the american nuclear wasteland.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Disguise your murderbots as sexbots, it's very effective.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

BWA HA HA HA! YOU CAN'T STOP THEM!

Err I mean, no, don't worry. They're harmless.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
swarms of bee robots coming in with hypodermic neurotoxins, just depopulating a city in half an hour without damaging any infrastructure, the future's gonna be awesome

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Would you put your brain in a robot body?

I would.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

phallocentriloquist posted:

Would you put your brain in a robot body?

I would.

Like a robot human body?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
you get a robot buddybody but its only moving part is a plunger piston it can drive in and out

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

naem posted:

The mass of unemployed will reach critical and vote for survivable benefits and the rich will pay high taxes to support us idle rather than pay us wages to work it's going to be fun :911:

or they'll just let us starve in the streets while they gently caress off to guarded resort islands

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

naem posted:

This won't happen before the masses vote for turbo benefits. There's too much political clout in the masses

for the entire history of the human race the have-nots one advantage over the haves has been numbers. that advantage will be lost when the haves can buy a drone army. see you in the camps!!

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

Doctor Discomfort posted:

Like a robot human body?

Or a robot tiger

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

in the future automated factories produce goods that self-driving vehicles haul to fully-automated big box stores

the products molder on the shelves because we are all dead

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

pls do not steal my black mirror script idea btw

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Professor SJW posted:

or they'll just let us starve in the streets while they gently caress off to guarded resort islands

joke's on them we've hosed the planet and all the islands are gonna be swallowed by the sea

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
The future holds so many beautiful script ideas but I hope I'm dead before they get fully realized.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

akulanization posted:

joke's on them we've hosed the planet and all the islands are gonna be swallowed by the sea

That would just make new islands, out of mountains, and rich people already live on mountains.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

feudalism 2.0 is going to be such a bitch

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Professor SJW posted:

feudalism 2.0 is going to be such a bitch

want an invite to the beta test ?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Over the past couple of centuries, the expanded use of professional doctors has dramatically changed healthcare, bringing new religious and political challenges. Now rapid advances in healthcare have resulted in efforts to develop fully qualified doctors everywhere . These so called Doctora would be able to choose and operate on patients on their own, without any devine intervention. The Bible describes numerous ethical, legal, moral, policy, technical, and other concerns with fully qualified doctors.

Giving mere mortals the power to decide who lives and dies in hospitals is an unacceptable application of technology. Only God should choose who lives and who dies, anything else is an affront to the notion of divine providence. A comprehensive, pre-emptive prohibition on fully qualified doctors is urgently needed. The Bible outlines how a ban could be achieved through brining back leechings, as well as through other outdated medical practices.

In recent years, the benefits and dangers of fully qualified doctors have been hotly debated by a relatively small community of nut jobs, including mormons, anti-vaxxers, drunks, drug addicts, home schooled students, and The 45th President of the United States. They have evaluated health treatments from a range of perspectives, including religious, cost, religious, and the ethics of delegating life-and-death decisions to a mere mortal.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
if you live long enough the last thing you see on this earth will be one of those bee buzzing spider dog robot things

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm just going to marry a rich robot :smug:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pouncing killbot... scary.

http://i.imgur.com/ZPTgUqO.mp4

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Wont even need to give it bullets, just put stabby blades on its arms.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
big hypodermic spider fangs gnashing rapidly

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PAK CHOOIE UNF!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I already wish I was dead. Actually being killed by a robot would be a net gain at this point.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
id rather be killed by a robot than by a human any day for a whole poo poo load of reasons

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

naem posted:

The masses are too dumb to get what they want. It'll be the masses against itself and the rich eject buttoning to New Zealand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

snuggle baby luvs hugs posted:

The masses are too dumb to get what they want. It'll be the masses against itself and the rich eject buttoning to New Zealand

So what your saying the proactive move would be is to dumpster fire New Zealand now before it's too late?

• Locked thread