Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

exploded mummy posted:

I'm not sure if you missed it Gavok, but it recently came out that the LU producers turned over full talent relations to Dorien Roldan and AAA.

Which was still after both parties utterly hosed with the Mexican talent by various means including contract fuckers, booking fees, and cheating the visa system.

The poo poo ROH was reportedly doing earlier this year (and WWE have done for decades) to turbofuck talent on contracts eliciting zero cares by anyone around here makes it really hard for me to take the sudden outrage over AAA's bullshit seriously, sorry. TNA literally not paying people money they've already earned for months on end, psychologically assaulting their roster to try and keep control of them and trying to sell the company to Nazis beats out any amount of legal games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah those are all bad, but they've been done a trillion times before in wrestling history, on the other hand copyrighting characters that never worked in your company and then threatening to sue random indy promotions for giving said characters work (even under a new character!) is sort of a new level of wrestling shittiness

I suppose that's fair. I still am not going to blame Lucha Underground as much or even more than AAA themselves for either washing their hands of responsibility or whatever fuckery they're guilty of themselves, which is certainly far below what AAA is doing. LU being first and foremost on the Guilty Party List seems to be the position several people ITT have taken.

Also, I still personally put witholding wages from employees for like 6 months while still extracting work from them above literally any amount of legal poo poo. But that's just my feeling.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine if both the tag titles and world title are physically in the possession of people who are never coming back to the company

Thank god we've still got ARON REX and the GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

I for one am glad Sanguinia joined StarkRavingMad in the "LU is forever perfect and blameless" crowd, I'm sure the room was lonely throughout 2016

I never said LU is blameless, I said I'm not going to muster outrage for them doing bad poo poo with contracts when apparently nobody cares if other promotions do bad poo poo with contracts, nor am I going to blame them for stuff AAA is doing just because the companies are tied together so closely. What makes LU deserve such special ire?

At least Marquis made a concrete argument about why AAA activities went above and beyond historic bad acts, which I was happy to concede. I've even agreed with MassRafTer's arguments in the past about why the company was lovely for portraying Riccocet as an Aztec descendant. LU is guilty of many things. I'm just not making them guilty of things they're not guilty of, nor am I going to back down from my opinion that TNA has proven to act much worse for much longer. What AAA is trying to do to Pentagon and Fenix is disgusting, but LU isn't responsible for it, and what they are responsible for is a molehill next to TNA's lovely business practice mountain. If you don't agree with me that's fine.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

exploded mummy posted:

I like how you keep ignoring the visa issue

I admit I'm not familiar with that particular scandal, I didn't mean to ignore it. I also don't really want to continue a LU related derail in the TNA thread, nor do I particularly enjoy being bodied by three people, so if you just want to dismiss my opinions due to my ignorance on this point go ahead, I wouldn't blame you. If it makes you feel any better its not like I plan to give LU any money anytime soon unless you count my netflix sub, so I'm not supporting a lovely wrestling company, I was just trying to participate in the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

Dat roster expansion

Well, I guess you can't say they're not trying.

By a certain definition of trying.

• Locked thread