Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Mushika posted:

I'm not really into sports, but I certainly don't hate them. I know enough about most major U.S. sports that I can enjoy watching them with family and friends who are enthusiastic about it.

Except golf. gently caress golf. A goddamn waste of urban green space.

Just my opinion but any “sport” that involves drinking beer, riding a cart between turns & having someone else carry their poo poo around isn’t a sport. Personally I think it’s just old farts who were too frail for actual athletics growing up & had a traumatic tee ball experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

rodbeard posted:

90% of sports fans don't watch women's sports unless they're jacking off. Like the U.S. women's soccer team won back to back world cups and people only know about it because the right got mad at Megan Rapinoe.

This is dumb and wrong

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Just my opinion but any “sport” that involves drinking beer, riding a cart between turns & having someone else carry their poo poo around isn’t a sport. Personally I think it’s just old farts who were too frail for actual athletics growing up & had a traumatic tee ball experience.

What the golf pros do is a sport. What people like me do on a golf course is a parlor game. Darts, bowling, pool, shuffleboard and golf. Get hammered, hope it goes where you're aiming.

kiimo has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Aug 9, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
UFC is the most homoerotic sport in history. "I use to gently caress guys like you in high school", "I'm coming on that rear end", etc etc.

Why do you think they specifically had to put a rule in that you get disqualified if you ejaculate?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So fans could play from home

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Memento posted:

UFC is the most homoerotic sport in history. "I use to gently caress guys like you in high school", "I'm coming on that rear end", etc etc.

Why do you think they specifically had to put a rule in that you get disqualified if you ejaculate?

Also no wonder republican chuds flock to that sport in the first place

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

sounds like the optimal strat is to jack off ur opponent

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My 2c on the sports stuff.

The 2 sports I follow are extremely niche, and culturally/geographically specific sports. Test Cricket, (never 20/20), and Aussie Rules.

I support Test Cricket because I am half Indian, and if you are born Indian, you are born with a cricket bat in your hands. In fact my dad named me after an elegant left handed West Indian batsman from the 70s, and it breaks his heart that I am a medium pace bowler. Anyway, the reason I like Test Cricket is the reason most people cant stand it. I like that it goes for 5 days, I love the fact it has draws. A draw means that both wins and losses are fully earned. Because I go back to the first Ashes test in Cardiff some years ago when Australia comprehensively outplayed England for all 5 days of the test, but couldn't break the last wicket partnership of Jimmy Anderson and Monty Panesar. Basically it was that Australia were the better team, but because they couldn't take all 20 wickets, they didn't deserve to win, and England were poo poo, but because they held on, they didn't deserve to lose. I like these kind of stories in my sport

I support Aussie Rules because it is a sport that is unknown outside Australia, and even within Oz, northeast of the Barassi line it is ignored. I have been an expat for most of the last 10 years, and hope to be so in the future. And watching a game of Footy is a comforting reminder of home, and gives me a sense of belonging when I live, and often carry an ID card, explicitly naming me as a foreigner. Also, I have found the best way to watch the footy, (if you can't be at the ground live), is drunk in an expat pub, yelling at the screen surrounded by confused locals and Americans.

I don't give half a poo poo about video games though, so I can't add to that side of the discussion.

funny picture tax.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Memento posted:

I hate that rule. I had a script for an Air Bud-style movie where a blue whale enters the MMA and goes all the way by pinning his opponents in a flood of ejaculate but nobody's going to want to produce the movie now that the rule exists.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Memento posted:

Is this supposed to be a problem for me? Also Rogan hasn't done commentating for months and months and really doesn't do it that often anymore so you don't have to listen to him to watch it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When I first read about Test Cricket I was like “who cares, it’s just the test version, when do they do the real thing”

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Data Graham posted:

When I first read about Test Cricket I was like “who cares, it’s just the test version”

You, young sir/madam, can get off my loving lawn!!

Real cricket takes 5 days to play, and sometimes nobody wins.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Any sport that doesn't kill most of the people participating in it isn't a real a real sport

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nobody will ever convince me that cricket is real

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

rodbeard posted:

In the US we call it batting practice.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Data Graham posted:

When I first read about Test Cricket I was like “who cares, it’s just the test version, when do they do the real thing”

this sport's gonna be a real ripper when it gets out of beta by crikey

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LifeSunDeath posted:

Is this supposed to be a problem for me? Also Rogan hasn't done commentating for months and months and really doesn't do it that often anymore so you don't have to listen to him to watch it.

Not at all, just saying if we're comparing the homoeroticity of sports, MMA has to be up there.

rodbeard posted:

it exists for the same purpose as baseball: something to be on in the background while you drink

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Any sport that doesn't kill most of the people participating in it isn't a real a real sport

I love the Isle of Man TT too

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Memento posted:

it exists for the same purpose as baseball: something to be on in the background while you drink

This is not a joke. Historically cricket was invented to circumvent anti-Sunday drinking laws. And it is so long so that you can drink all day. Like a civilized person.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

BrigadierSensible posted:

I don't give half a poo poo about video games though, so I can't add to that side of the discussion.

funny picture tax.

TIGER UPPERCUT

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

BOOTY-ADE posted:

No, Golf is for only the most athletic and fit of men, behold:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Woebin posted:

Stop worrying so much about spoilers, goddamn. "How did that happen?" is a way more interesting question than "how did it end?"

Aside from all those stories built on the premise of the audience not having correct context at the time.

Also "I'm going to spoil something for everyone because I don't think spoilers are a big deal" just makes the person doing so look like an rear end in a top hat.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

This is very important

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

LifeSunDeath posted:

He is the best commentator though?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

This is very important

Zach Stafford is very cool

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Sound required

https://twitter.com/socializm_/status/1292293751751282688

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

do not sleep on this one

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Memento posted:

do not sleep on this one

I find it hard to believe he would be filming his reaction to a video upon his first watch

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I find it hard to believe he would be filming his reaction to a video upon his first watch

Nothing gets past you, does it?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

150% of the things you see on the internet is fake

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Mustached5thGrader posted:

You don't get out much, do you?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BrianBoitano posted:

You don't get out much, do you?

I mean, there is a pandemic

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is dude's name a play on "quit in anger?"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

do not sleep on this one

Meh. You can sleep on it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

They did surgery on a bean

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Roblo posted:

They did surgery on a bean

I heard that transplanted a grape valve into a live bean

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The best sport is obviously ferret legging. The rules get explained at the start but basically the contestants compete to see who can keep a ferret down their pants the longest. and no, it's not animal abuse because those little buttholes love roughhousing, something anyone who's owned one will attest to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPQ6TuvqX7w

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lodin posted:

The best sport is obviously ferret legging. The rules get explained at the start but basically the contestants compete to see who can keep a ferret down their pants the longest. and no, it's not animal abuse because those little buttholes love roughhousing, something anyone who's owned one will attest to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPQ6TuvqX7w

https://twitter.com/Morris_Bits/status/1113756760890802176?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008