Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That's the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LA is a workaholic city. Bars close at 1:30 because they don't have to kick people out at 2. And thank god, Chicago almost killed me.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Workaholic is my best -aholic!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Phy posted:

"bees on wheat, balls on toast" rattles through my head every time I see Bees on Wheat posting

:same:

That and "$2.40 for salt? Thanks Obama."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

kiimo posted:

LA is a workaholic city. Bars close at 1:30 because they don't have to kick people out at 2. And thank god, Chicago almost killed me.

If bars close early, does that mean they open early?

Coz there ain't no better drinking than day drinking. Especially, in a city as sunny as LA, outside in the beer garden.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BrigadierSensible posted:

Coz there ain't no better drinking than day drinking. Especially, in a city as sunny as LA, outside in the beer garden.

Drinking in the sun and still being home, showered and in bed at a reasonable hour is the civilised way to be a drunk.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Coz there ain't no better drinking than day drinking.

I was just talking with my mates, about how none of us can go see each other right now due to border closures and pandemic lockdowns, how sweet it would be to just day drink and bbq and watch poo poo movies and talk ridiculous nonsense with each other for a few days.

Day drinking is the best.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i buzzed my head again, gently caress you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hair is dumb

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wrong thread

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Plinkey posted:

wrong thread

You could make it the right thread by posting pics

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

You could make it the right thread by posting pics

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dolly Parton is the best songwriter in the whole world, and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that.

That's not how you spell Gösta Sundqvist :confused:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm late to the Dolly party, but you owe it to yourself to listen to this interview from 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RJPc9DXnys

(Blank on blank is a cool YouTube channel in general, with plenty of neat old interviews dug out of archives)

Collateral Damage has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Aug 14, 2020

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Inceltown posted:

Drinking in the sun and still being home, showered and in bed at a reasonable hour is the civilised way to be a drunk.

Okay, gramps.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone explain this one?
https://twitter.com/DinartFilho/status/1293947343667068928?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If he's "gramps" then I'm a little taken aback at the notion of showering at the end of a drinking session I imagine that is one of the more dangerous times to do that.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You sober up during the three hour drive home

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Driving home? Don’t have that fifth pint! - Irish anti drink drive advert, 1974

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kiimo posted:

If he's "gramps" then I'm a little taken aback at the notion of showering at the end of a drinking session I imagine that is one of the more dangerous times to do that.

he showers sitting down, its all good

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

In California alcohol can only be purchased (even at liquor stores) between 6AM and 2AM. I'm in San Diego and before covid most bars opened around 6pm, but there were tons of restaurants open at 7am that also served alcohol and did not care if you were to order a beer or cocktail with your scrambled eggs. I may have done this once. Okay I did this several times.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McPhearson posted:

In California alcohol can only be purchased (even at liquor stores) between 6AM and 2AM. I'm in San Diego and before covid most bars opened around 6pm, but there were tons of restaurants open at 7am that also served alcohol and did not care if you were to order a beer or cocktail with your scrambled eggs. I may have done this once. Okay I did this several times.

When I lived in CA the local bars had Saturday morning brunch and booze specials that started at like 8 am because college football started at 9. A few beers with an omelet was pretty normal.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

McPhearson posted:

that must be a new law because i definitely bought booze between 2 and 6 from a 24hr winco. Im pretty sure i also bought it from a few different bodegas around 3. Wouldnt surprise me though if they are slowly limiting when you can buy booze what with all the mormons in norcal.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

snergle posted:

that must be a new law because i definitely bought booze between 2 and 6 from a 24hr winco. Im pretty sure i also bought it from a few different bodegas around 3. Wouldnt surprise me though if they are slowly limiting when you can buy booze what with all the mormons in norcal.

Been that way since at least 2008. I'm surprised WinCo let you make the purchase, I've tried and they said their computer system would not allow the sale to be completed. Random bodega I can get, but still surprising they would risk their liquor license.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There are a lot of people in California's cities who need to somehow sync up with people on the east coast, and as a result, a lot of things tend to shut down earlier than you would expect.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

in TX you can't buy liquor after 9pm, so Walmart and other grocery stores don't bother selling it

it was pretty wild walking into a Walmart in NOLA and seeing a huge liquor section

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I'm gonna need some hard drugs to peak as I'm soaring into Godzilla's mouth

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

for Reasons the sega master system and megadrive were massively successful in Brazil in a way that they were not in other places and in fact they still sell a ton of consoles even today. so sega stuff is culturally significant in Brazil to an extent that it is not elsewhere.

I don't know why they're just saying the word sega over and over though.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/brazil-is-a-video-game-alternate-universe-where-sega-beat-nintendo

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

for Reasons the sega master system and megadrive were massively successful in Brazil in a way that they were not in other places and in fact they still sell a ton of consoles even today. so sega stuff is culturally significant in Brazil to an extent that it is not elsewhere.

I don't know why they're just saying the word sega over and over though.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/brazil-is-a-video-game-alternate-universe-where-sega-beat-nintendo

It also means something like “mowing” or “reaping.” Could be something that has different connotations/idioms/etc., so that saying it is commonplace. But this is just a complete guess.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:shrug:

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dolly Parton is the best songwriter in the whole world, and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Grimdude posted:

I'm gonna need some hard drugs to peak as I'm soaring into Godzilla's mouth

You just know some stoner's gonna go in & try to find where to crawl out the butthole

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

You know Paul McCartney is still alive right

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

kiimo posted:

We're talking about good songwriters, not middling.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
I can't believe I'm hearing Paul Simon be slandered in public like this

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

kiimo posted:

Who?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kiimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqU8EQ6G1i0

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

kiimo posted:

You sir, are wrong.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

cult_hero posted:

You sir, are wrong.

He's dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

its a fictional character made up for the fictional group the beatles from the hit movie walk hard the dewey cox story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6frgnqTo1eM