Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Elohssa Gib posted:

You know I'd feel bad about accidentally messing up the grammar of the thread title if it wasn't so funny seeing people get so annoyed by it.

This is why I haven't fixed it.

e: oh good, a new page

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 03:53 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hey guys, let's try to improve the signal:noise ratio in this thread a little bit. I feel like casual conversation fits well in many PYF threads, but some of the more image-based ones, like this one, would do well with a little more content.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

taken from AFP

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

More pictures please.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Note that people have actually been doing this in real life for almost a century
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.26e5a6b3835f

... and the turkeys often glide to earth but they occasionally forget to open their wings and drop like a rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-FqvGC9UCs&t=20s

<bird crazies>
The article you linked pointed out several reasons as to why the practice is inhumane but calling it "forgetting to open their wings" seems particularly callous when you remember that this animal has just been flung out of a plane 500 feet in the air and is undoubtedly terrified and in a state of shock.
</bird crazies>

Funny picture. Uh. Here's a baby kestrel that looks like a football.

Also a slick double-headshot.
http://i.imgur.com/sn1bXAa.gifv

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

loss jokes are always funny to me.

unrelatedly I'm trapped in 2009, please send help

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

shut up blegum posted:

Lmao, why did he get prorated for this.

I apologize for not being clear in the probation reason, I usually try to be more constructive. Posts about who/what you would/wouldn't gently caress/masturbate to and posts with creeping racism have become a problem in several threads, and blunt for century and I wanted to head this off at the pass. I understand that it was a joke, but we let the "I'd gently caress that" jokes exist in the cosplay thread for a while and it became a cesspool.

While something like the post in question is probably fine in GBS, the standards are somewhat different in PYF.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hhhat posted:

I'd take this post out for a nice dinner and a walk in the park.

Maybe hold hands after.

:kimchi:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I see they cast the new Alicia Masters.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Post funny pictures, please.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

dumb. posted:

These have been entertaining me all loving day so thanks to you for the link

Same, I didn't realize somebody had archived them :D the link where I'd gotten the ones I'd posted was long dead.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

This is the worst post, in fact. By a paedophile.

Mammal Sauce posted:

I didn't read it, but was able to verify pedophile status with the large amount of anime in the thread.

Garrand posted:

I didn't read that but I started scrolling, and then I kept scrolling, and then I kept scrolling, and then I just grabbed the loving bar because jesus christ that's a lot of pedophile targets.

Also

Don't call other people pedophiles for liking anime. This has happened often enough in the fanart thread that I've really lost patience for it. I feel like flinging the word around so casually makes light of a truly heinous crime, the monsters that commit it, and the trauma of survivors of actual pedophilia.

That said, jesus christ, that loving post :dogbutton:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

To clarify, I've specifically checked that person's rap sheet, and they were probated more than once for posting images of sexualised children.

For some reason, in ADTRW this warranted maximum a 12 hour probation, but still, it wasn't a pithy remark about people who watch anime in general.

All right, that's fair. I'd like everybody to please do keep the warning in mind for the future, however. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please stop derailing over soldiers/statues/the Confederacy and post funny pictures.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Picnic Princess posted:

You were told to stop you dipshits.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

But the planking's okay.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well, I'd thought the same, but given the current alternative...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Snowmankilla posted:

While this is not about blackface or singing ding dong the witch is dead about Bill, that article was brutal. Just insane. :(

Okay, but please let's nobody start a blackface derail up again.

https://i.imgur.com/4az5Vt0.mp4

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

He's making a reference to the derail that just got three people probated and probably hoping somebody will be dopey enough to take the bait.

Don't be that somebody.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:hai:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Goodbody posted:

The threat of EMPs was thought up by fucin Defense thinktanks whose pay depends on getting the government to buy useless poo poo and putting talking heads on CNN to scare the old and gullible. Every PDF you post is just more evidence that I'm right. Go buy a Alex Jones Infowar.com EMP Survival Bucket

Hi Guy :) I try not to police subjective thread content like 'is this picture actually funny' or 'is this book actually terrible' or whatever but at this point I have definitely gathered the impression you're just posting barely valid contributions to annoy other people and used to getting away with it.

So the next time you get reported for a picture in here that, should I see the report, doesn't make me at the least crack a big grin, I'll probate you based on... well. However annoyed I am with life on that day. So good luck, I guess.

I would have preferred to discuss this with you privately ages ago but you don't have private messages so, here we are. :shrug:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I really should have closed the 'seeing birds DOES make me grin' loophole when I made that post. poo poo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Goodbody posted:

Honestly, back in the day if I found a cool picture of a space colony or whatever I'd post it assuming that nobody would really care, but it turns out you guys do care. You care a lot about the integrity the integrity of the funny pictures thread. Some of you care a lot about it. So I cleaned up my act, and only posted pictures I genuinely found amusing. Unfortunately it seems that my earlier posts created the impression that I was intentionally "trolling" or had a "gimmick" of posting purposefully non-funny pictures. I just want to say that nothing could be further from the truth. If you guys want me to post a short paragraph explaining what about each picture I post I find amusing, I would be more than willing to do that in order to prevent further misunderstandings.

Actually, and I say this in a non-sarcastic manner, I think adding a very serious caption of why you find each picture funny would be amazing.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Goodbody posted:

consider it done

:buddy::hf::buddy:

e: no hard feelings I hope. I am exceedingly familiar with finding things funny that other people don't :downs:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Jan 4, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'll give you this one but I'm disappointed by lack of explanation of why dogmech is funny, I have no sense of humor and you're my only hope

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Goodbody posted:

The dog one is funny because it's a dog piloting a humanoid robot. Everybody knows that you pilot a robot in the same basic shape as your species. Humans pilot humanoid robots, horses pilot horse haped robots, dogs pilot dog shaped robots

:3: thank you, sincerely, for the mental image of assorted animals piloting assorted animal shaped mechs.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Swiped from iosm

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

So I caught up with this thread to check into the Guy Goodbody stuff and ran headfirst into a bunch of bird murderchat? I'm feeling a little threatened right now, I won't lie.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Vietnamwees posted:

Not surprising, considering ya know...being LITERALLY A BIRD.
:wink:

That said, Guy, we all enjoyed the brief spate where you gave us explanations of exactly why you found things funny. I agree with Emmy that your posts are not of themselves disruptive, but I cordially invite you to continue captioning your contributions, with as many or as few words as you think necessary, to avoid future probations, as sometimes you are clearly taking the mile from a given inch.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Goodbody posted:

I did the explanations because it was funny. Having to laboriously explain the humor in something to people who didn't find it funny as if that's how humor works was inherently funny to me. I stopped doing them because I thought if I kept doing it it would stop being funny. It would just be running the joke into the ground.

So I will do an explanation for a picture if I think my explanation is either in and of itself funny, or if it makes the picture funnier. But just explaining every picture, even the ones that should be obviously finny to everyone, like a cat doing a thing or whatever, isn't funny to me. And, imo, that should be the goal for every post in the funny pictures thread, to be funny.

I do agree with most of this, save the idea of PYF (self included) not being okay with a joke being run into the ground :lol:

That's fair. Let's give it a shot. :)

(just lol if Enrique doesn't run your joke into the ground for you.)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Happy pre-Halloween, Funny Pictures thread! It's time for a...

For the rest of the month (that's October [that's eleven days]) there will be no talking allowed. Period!

No words! Just pictures!

OR ELSE!!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zesty posted:

Googled "Small yellow octopus with blue spots"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-ringed_octopus

"The venom can result in nausea, respiratory arrest, heart failure, severe and sometimes total paralysis, blindness, and can lead to death within minutes if not treated. Death, if it occurs, is usually from suffocation due to paralysis of the diaphragm."

So you know. Not really "haha" funny.

I assumed, upon seeing it, it was a photoshop/joke image. Which nonetheless had my laugh tempered with a great deal of "oh god no" cringe

poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bike tory posted:

This is not the PYF concern troll thread so let's post funny pictures instead of pretending to be confused about "all these PC rules" and "if it was ok for RDJ to wear blackface" in the midst of people explaining why Scarlet Johansson was a dick for demanding to play minority characters.

Heed this goon.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My mental health regimen includes reading, and posting, funny pictures in the funny pictures thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

heyyyy guyyyssss I don't want to come barging in here like an rear end in a top hat if we're talking about heavy stuff but maybe since this is the Funny Pictures Thread we can post some funny pictures too...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in