Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I think they call them prawns outside the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Seaniqua posted:

Possible game of the year material here.

If your relationship success relies solely on your ability to make dad jokes, I'm in.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
l o loving l.
Good.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I appreciate the attention to hand detail.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Majestic.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Abaddon was fallen as gently caress

A couple of pages back, but I was super curious about this.

I couldn't quite figure out what's going on with the bicep of the claw arm. It's higher than what feels natural for an arm position.

And now he's your date.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RatHat posted:

I think the claw IS his arm.

OH.

e: And happy to oblige! :v:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Dude's legs were splayed beyond what I could rationalize at 4 AM.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
What a fun and funny time we're having!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Data Graham posted:

*adds Doctor Jackstraw to FutureSAUsernames.txt*

Dibs on Abnormal Drug Trafficker.
Ooh, and my avatar will be the Abby Normal brain from Young Frankenstein with the text, "This is your brain on drugs."

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Data Graham posted:

Fuckin border collies will outsmart us all and repopulate the planet once they've taken over.

Where is this reality and how do I get there.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

All these pictures of baseball fans and nobody posts the best one of all?

This gif is a work of art. Every time it loops you find something new.

American Psycho took a weird turn.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the subtle assertions that the dude is fat as gently caress.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RatHat posted:

This isn't a joke image by the way, there are actually multiple manga with this premise. It's weird.

So, like... Is there a reason a middle schooler just couldn't be a mob boss? Somehow that seems the less strange route.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

RareAcumen posted:

Let me regale you with the tale of Dangan Ronpa 2.

N-no.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some guys had a look at the globe and noticed that not only do the continents fit back together to form the supercontinent Pangaea but all the other edges also fit together perfectly if you map them to a smaller globe. From there they concluded that A) the Earth used to be much much smaller, therefore B) the Earth is constantly expanding and C) so called "gravity" is a complete myth because objects don't "fall" back to the ground when you let them go, the ground rises up to them instead.

Comic book artist Neal Adams is a firm believer in the 'expanding earth' model and he's got a whole bunch of videos explaining it in excruciating detail on his youtube channel.

So I know I'm asking for logic where there is none, but how do they account for planes returning to Earth from tens of thousands of miles in the air in a 20 minute period? Do they think Earth is expanding that much daily?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Collateral Damage posted:

They're also very curious and like to nibble on things.

https://i.imgur.com/puxlYR7.mp4
*nom*

source video

That one ducked between that diver's arms and booped them on the nose. :3:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I went through the same sudden panic of needing that boid. Now I am sad that A) It's not purchasable and B) I am terrible with model kits.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Trig Discipline posted:

I bring that stat up all the time both because it is interesting and because it makes a certain type of person very angry.

I'm actually really curious about this. So is Australian wildlife overblown in the same way shark attacks are? This puts the number around 100 total from what I can tell.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Absolutely, and fitting given sharks are also Australian wildlife. Albiet a lot of that is because people tend to be well-informed on dangerous wildlife, though also because most of it is found in rural areas and Australia's population is both incredibly sparse and super centralised, so most of the places you find the deadly wildlife have very few people.

I actually did some research, and according to the Australian coroner's office, the animal involved in the most fatalities in Australia, by far, is horses. Like, almost half, I vaguely recall. I think dogs are one of the next most significant causes, and sharks are on par with bees. Kangaroos also cause a significant amount, mostly from car accidents.

Trig Discipline posted:

Yep, pretty much exactly that!

https://www.bobinoz.com/migration-advice/australias-killer-creatures-the-truth-about-deaths/

These are actually higher numbers than I'd seen before - there's another article that goes deeper into the past but probably missed a few because they came up with a lower annual rate (maybe left out sharks?) Anyway, the long and short of it is that most of that really deadly stuff minds its own business.

e: oh here's another one

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/09/what-are-the-odds-of-being-killed-by-an-animal-in-australia-infographic/

Neat! I've learned something today and it's not even 9 AM!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I feel like the hate piled on the elf thing is a little dramatic since all the same complaints can be made against Santa, a Coke product. I don't even like the dumb thing, but geez.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Coca Cola didn't invent a single aspect of Santa Claus. Except for his love of Coca-Cola, but it's not like that's ever represented outside of Coke ads. The most you can say is that they standardized his appearance.

Took me way too literal there, friend.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Elizabethan Error posted:

jokes are traditionally funny, friend.

I wasn't making a joke, I meant it in the sense that Christmas's established mascot has already been engineered into a corporate shill that readies children for the watchful eye of a fascist entity or whatever complaints people have against that elf thing. The Coke bit's just an easy go-to since Santa's been selling coke since like, 1930. As I said in my original post, I don't see why Santa gets a pass and the elf is abusive and awful when they're pretty much doing the same bit.

Didn't realize there was a Santa history purist thing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

John Lee posted:

"whoa listen to these fuckin' HISTORY PURISTS, insisting that people be accurate when describing historical events, fuckin' weirdos"

Sorry I misspoke about the historical event that is your cola drinks, hun.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
How many fucks until I become the man?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Is football where you go when you can't make it in wrestling?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I Venmo people in pennies so I can get more bang for my buck.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This all started because someone dismissed Grave of the Fireflies as anime garbage.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Weirdly, there's no way to win it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
See dogs seadog.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Deeranged.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

1stGear posted:

Just lol if you aren't blasting Carol of the Bells non-stop from your gothic castle.

Hell, yeah.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
What about DEBBIE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mock the Cross posted:

Oh, Berserk, when did we go so very, very wrong.

A few pages back, but this is the first time I've noticed the background characters sliding to the right for whatever reason.