Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

What specifically are you referring to when you say 'would mean he is scum anyway' ? I specifically said lurking is alignment-neutral.

only scum replace out is a surprisingly common argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not going to make any calls about Max's motivation because he's really sticking his neck out here in a way I wouldn't expect scum to do to protect a fellow scum, but at the same time it just doesn't add up to normal Max play for me. It's bizarre.

agreed, but it does work if max is scum and tobbs is town. the max post you just quoted seems to be him giving the subtle suggestion that if tobbs flips town, max cannot be scum, which also doesn't track at all

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

Okay, cool.

In certain contexts, I agree. I mean, I used that as a reason to vote for you because of Rarity. But Quid just hasn't posted any content, so the "frustrated scum" narrative doesn't connect for me. He just isn't here, at all.

yeah, I was just being facetious. it makes sense from a mod standpoint that one would bother to replace scum, but I've only ever considered or bothered to ask for a replacement as town, so anecdotally I can't agree

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

I wasn't implying that.

perhaps not, but it does read like that

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

EccoRaven posted:

At the last minute they settled on Tobbs; too bad they were wrong.

but ecco, killing tobbs is never wrong

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I, for one, never agree with players I know to be town when playing scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bk's entire argument against me was that I replaced into this game. there rest of his argument was against rarity.

entertainment is the only valid reason to push a replacement just for being a replacement

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Yes exactly, that's why I think CLord would have felt he could stick his neck out for you. It wasn't a very good argument and is easy to push back against. If you were town it would have been pretty easy for Clord to say nothing at all and see where it goes.

this is true, but

Max posted:

Doesn't stop others from playing differently.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Stick's around long enough to make a token defense but not to do any reads based on CLord's flip, interesting.

if chaoslord would kindly inform me in advance the next time he rolls scum, I will clear my schedule ahead of time to be available at all hours in the event of a flip

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is what initially caught my interest on Stick. Besides an OMGUS on BK, his posts are just kind of going with the flow on the Tobbs vote--and even post-flip on Tobbs, it's more pointing at BK. It just feels off to me.

##vote Stickup

I w..what? you do realize I'm the one that initiated on tobbs, correct? post flip on tobbs, I haven't pointed at anyone. I haven't even looked back at the thread yet

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

I want to also point at Stick today as a solid lunch option as well. He was far more active Day 2 but now with CL's flip and signs point at stick, he clammed up, aside from offering fairly token defenses for himself and has offered no counter arguments. That reads like caught scum to me that doesn't want to implicate anyone else.

kill me today. on the next game day, I want you and anyone that agrees with this to add the sentence "I will not assume people are scum because they replaced in, replaced out, or stopped posting for a period of time" to the bottom of every post

I won't have time to go back through the thread until tonight, but here are some Quick Sticky Feels based on this day:
  • pointing out the obvious: why are we so sure mmt is town instead of an sk? (did I miss this somewhere?)
  • pointing out the hypocrisy: clord defended me. clord was scum. I am town. max defended tobbs. tobbs was town. max is ???
  • hats is flipping and flopping all over the place with his reads, and for someone that incorrectly called me out for going with the flow on tobbs, he sure is going with the flow on everyone else
  • I don't see what's changed in grandi's posting that would change anyone's opinion
  • quid's activity dropped off pretty hard towards the latter half of ff4 (he was town) so I'm not sure him not playing is really indicative of his alignment here

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

You are not reading my argument if you think it's based on you replacing in.

you didn't even finish reading the sentence you're responding to I guess

Max posted:

I want to also point at Stick today as a solid lunch option as well. He was far more active Day 2 but now with CL's flip and signs point at stick, he clammed up, aside from offering fairly token defenses for himself and has offered no counter arguments. That reads like caught scum to me that doesn't want to implicate anyone else.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Also, how has your opinion changed on Quid.

it hasn't. please read the full interaction. would still vote

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Like, Stick, make an argument or scumhunt or something. Players just going "Aw shucks, y'all are dumb" is pretty passive when you have ways of actually doing something here.

what?

you of all people should be able to appreciate that before I make an argument, I would like to go back and look at day 1+2 with the tobbs and clord flips in mind

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote bottleknight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

And that hasn't happened at all yet.

and it won't, until tonight, which I have stated very clearly :tipshat:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah, agreed. Would vote Max, but might as well keep my vote on Tobbs.

I'm feeling better about you btw, I voted you because of my read on Rarity but your play has been good so I'm reconsidering.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not ashamed of myself, if that's what you're implying I should feel?

It's almost like I didn't want to make a "scum defending scum" read about an unflipped player but then stickup reminded me that you could be making a "scum defending town" read for cred, which still seems pretty likely to me.

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with the CL reads though. Keane hasn't really pinged me otherwise so I wouldn't vote him just for that, though I may need to reread him, but I agree with the stickup read. I was feeling better about stickup and his play but I was really confident about my rarity read and this lines up with that.

BottleKnight posted:

Also, agree with the lurker callout. This game will fall apart if so many people have so little posts. :justpost:

welp, I was hoping an empty vote would get some sort of response from bk, max, or hats, but I'm home and deadline is in a few hours. these are bk's last four posts, with the latest three being his only posts this game day.

the sheer speed he's flipping back and forth with these reads of me, and trusting or not trusting max, is pretty suspect. I feel like he's covering his bases so he can vote either way and back it up. nice little lurker call out, but also no content from bk, and even the callout is not an original thought. looking back to when I replaced in, I lash out and hit bk with omgus. bk doubles down. if I had been killed, after a town flip all bk would need to justify his opinion is to say he based it off rarity. he's brought it up again above, probably for the same reason.

I find it curious that max is fine calling me out for not posting in a 24h period, but bk's last post that isn't a token defense or 'I agree' is from 48h ago. I do acknowledge that max at least is trying to push me for a reason, but I'd like to know how max feels about bk suddenly disappearing after a string of agreement to both sides

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I miss you chortles

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

kill bottleknight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote
##vote bottleknight

for broken robots and broken quotes

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I feel more strongly about bk, but either way is fine I guess. mmt can kill the other tonight.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

If he was town I imagine it wouldn't take this long to hammer him.

oh welp, I was bamboozled by ecco not removing chaoslord from votefinder where it is listed as 6 to execute. I thought he was -2 this whole time

##unvote
##vote quid
:redhammer:

kill bottleknight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

EccoRaven posted:

The correct number of people alive / needed to execute was listed in the OP, in the start of day 3 flavor, and in every votecount posted today.

in robots we trust

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
lmao

complain continuously that I have not posted or made any arguments

after making an argument and vote when the now ded person had 2 votes, complain about the weird push 'at the end'

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
can we please kill bk now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
to be clear, I was hoping bk would suddenly appear and call me out for empty voting him, max would blast me for not making an argument after all that time, or you would 'confirm' bk as town/me as scum due to that vote

I had what I wanted to say in mind before voting

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will have questionable availability this afternoon/night, but will be around for deadline

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
zzz

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

That's absolutely not it at all.

why not?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this wouldn't have happened if I had all the guns

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote bottleknight

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:boom:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
doing it all for you, db

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

this wouldn't have happened if I had all the guns

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
kill pmorm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
ecco, can we turbo pmom before the day starts to save time?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

Ecco fired me as a friend. I will now actively make this game bad

(As if I wasn't already doing that ho ho ho.)

I'm sorry to hear that. if you'd like, I can give you a good reference when you apply for a new position

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
"Max once wanted to kill me, but did not do so. He is pretty alright, I guess. I think he would be a good friend. Probably."

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm still sad I wasn't the laser man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote pmom