Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hail Khaz Gebsi, our Golden Dragonlord!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
You can't join this mafia game if you're not worthy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
BK you in??

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
now I don't have to resort to loving a robot! Thanks Beeeeeeeek!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Yo ho, yo ho, off to work we go!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
chores wins, game over.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
almost forgot

I Understand That Tf I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Chaoslord - I'm just getting this out of the way early.

but whhhhhy?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm a lynchbomb.

If ever a need should arise to test this claim, I volunteer. It's becoming my thing now I guess.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I am vanilla town. A common miner.

Nevermind then.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't know if it's remotely relevant, but I'd like to note that I am human, not a lizard like poor old Saqaada was. I don't think there's going to be any kind of split that matters regarding that (like how in that one parliament one a while back the Pink-party people were the traitors), but it may as well be mentioned. Also means that the vanilla chunk of my town PM is very slightly different from what was posted.

What motivated you to share this? I'm not seeing the relevance here. This reads like it's a 3P claim essentially but clearly states your alignment as town. :confuoot:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I'm FEARLESS.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Per the OP, names in this game are worthless as a source of game relevant info (the way I read it). Fwiw my name is Scum Person v0v

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm gonna go ahead and go get drunk, be back in a bit to solve the game.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If being the Pope is haram, then I don't want to be haright.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Executioner looking for a specific role?!

I am Faham. I was born to dig.

Nothing about this indicates a lynchbomb.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
"Hi, my name is explody, and my fav method of mining is dynamite"

AT LEAST PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Is joke phase over? Is it time to truth sleuth?

Based on the current pool of posts upon which a case could be made in all seriousness, what is your honest take? I find it somewhat difficult to take your current vote seriously.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree that AA's reaction seems a bit overstated. I also to think it's a bit humorous that the idea of taking this game too seriously (at this point) is a scummy thing to do especially when the proponent of such a sentiment called for an end to joke phase to begin with.

Using big words and TRYING HARD HERE GUYS. don't worry, I am riding the train to hammeredville and will make less coherent posts soon I promise.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

a female pope would be haewe

I'd vote you to be Pope if us regular flock could vote for such a thing.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
FUUUUUUCK I'm afeard now

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

*whispers*
You know why

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Alright, so what's your role name?

drat fine question. There is absolutely no reason not to answer this if you're already willing to claim anyway.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Blaster lunchingbomb

I'd actually be willing to buy this if it was just left as "Blaster", seeing as how my role flavor ID just "Miner" not "Miner McMiningtown"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
That seems more likely. Thank you for clarifying.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane is that a serious question because DONT PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS MAN

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane, your questions feel slightly too absurd to be genuine imo.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, your questions feel slightly too absurd to be genuine imo.

There I go again TAKING THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. Just Lynch me and get it over with already.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

I'm not, "Keane only serious posts as scum" is a false meta read on me that's been propagating.

Um... you're the first person to point this out so far so..... paranoid much?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Blaster lunchingbomb

Blaster is my flavor name. A lynch bomb is what it is. On phone. Ain't nobody eating lunch.

CCKeane posted:

Okay, so here's what's standing out to me the most:

I don't know ecco to use "lunch".

Keane, this is a stretch bro.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I don't really believe AA so much, but I also don't believe Keane as being genuine either. Those are my dunken takes so far. ANYONE ELSE WANT WEIGH IN? FISK? CHAOS? RARITY EVEN?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not saying I 100% believe AA, but claiming lynchbomb D1 is not anti-town TOBBS.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Explain it like I'm drunk.

I mean, it's clearly beneficial to warn your town brethren against hammering, but at the same time scum could use that as a life line. It comes with the assumption that AA would even be a candidate for a "lunch" to begin with, which is kind of self conscious and possibly a indicator of a scum insurance policy. I DONT loving KNOW, ZIGGy ZAGGGY ZIGGY ZAGGY OY OY OY!!! take to slam a screwdriver

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

However I volunteer my life for the cause. That's no life line, and it's a curious claim to make and stick to seriously for anything other than telling the truth.

Speaking of volunteering my life for the cause, my offer to hammer to test this claim still stands.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

In defense of my life for an actual better use of it, consider the following:

- Would I, as scum, draw this much attention to myself unnecessarily day one? Remove me from the equation, would it be a good play by anyone?
- What would I have to gain by lying about this claim? Imagine it as town, scum and 3P?
- Offering my ability up voluntarily to not only clear myself in act of martyrdom, but also destroy a target the town collective deemed as scummy, should stand as town motive for my play and justifications.

Make someone you think is SCUM hammer me.

No, I'm a lunch bomb. Town can use me as a vig.

I don't like this. Town using your bomb as a "weapon" against a scummy target a la dayvig is a pretty ridiculous concept if you really think about it. The only player in this game that I think is dumb enough to test it is me. Try to convince a scum to hammer you? What incentive would they have? Would a scum risk it when a no-lynch -> NK works just as well and without potentially losing a scumbro? I think not.

I'm pretty sure the only logic here from your perspective AA is that it would be foolish for town to push a lynch on you given the risk involved, it doesn't actually help anyone like your "democratic dayvig" idea suggests.

Now the real question is why would you position yourself in a manner to avoid being lynched so early?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Going to that length to back up chores is odd imo. Why not just say "this is so town chores, trust me" or something to that effect instead of saying "I'd still not vote chores, even if he claimed cop, was counterclaimed, we lynched the counter claimer and they flipped cop", like.... that senario doesn't paint you or chores in a town light :confused:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The way Keane kept on with the questioning is what made me feel uncomfortable about his genuineness in asking. The first question was simple and to the point which I thought was a good question and was thinking that AA would probably not have a good answer to, it validated my suspicion of AA in my mind at that point. But then Keane kept going on with it in a manner that seemed less logical than it had started out, and I felt like serious Keane throwing "joke" questions around was a sort of affront to what I thought we shared in our suspicion of AA.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The last joke post about me taking things too seriously was a jab at AA's dumb idea that I am trying too hard and it's a bad thing.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Well, how about you let everyone else get me to next to hammer
then you hammer me.

Go out with a bang.
You.
and.
Me.

Let's go buddy.

I'd prefer a vig just take the mystery out of the equation, but if it comes down to it I'll hammer you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

chaoslord posted:

So, to be clear, you think this sequence is not logical for Keane to pursue?

Because this is where you come in and start throwing shade at Keane's questioning, despite being around earlier.

Yes, this is were I found Keane's post to be facetious. The way I see it, I think the order of role name vs. flavor name is obvious.

• Locked thread