Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

-Atom- posted:

I keep going back and fourth on this and I always end up at no

mods???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I just wondered : How does 'the wild' breathe?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The thing I'm surprised with is that the individual joy-cons work a lot better as controllers as I expected them to, especially with strap

I totally believe in the success of taking the switch with you and detatching the joycons and handing them over to a random joe, now

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Switch releases in 2 more hours. I really wanted one but I still have games I need to finish and also lots of school work and shiz.

Pour one out for me. Semi-adulthood has got me.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Went to secure a pro controller at the midnights. Walmart had everything put behind their Switch line. Abandoned that 40+ line to the gamestop across the street. Much fewer people when I arrived and they had the controller, so that's good. Heavy nerdsweat smell though, judging by the sign on the door some of them might have been waiting there since 8 PM stinking up the place...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I got Zelda and 123 Switch. Will I need a sd card immediately or I can play both games fine after system updates?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Looks like Best Buy is intentionally loving up Switch Order shipping and trying to blame it on UPS.

They shipped some of em out Tuesday and Wednesday, but are waiting until Thursday for others, and not upgrading the shipping to overnight/next day instead of Ground to make up for their own lag. I'm gonna call them on their bullshit tomorrow and hopefully get some kind of compensation. When they guarantee a date and intentionally gently caress that up, that's pretty much a dick move, and they are doing it to thousands of people it looks like.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Housh posted:

I got Zelda and 123 Switch. Will I need a sd card immediately or I can play both games fine after system updates?

Physical carts? Of course you'll be fine.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Physical carts? Of course you'll be fine.
Ok. These folks in line scared me with some bullshit. Everyone are buying overpriced micro sd cards they have displayed at check out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I just got two emails from BestBuy... UPS says there's been a delay with my order of the Switch and Breath of the Wild and I probably won't get them until Monday. How did both Amazon and BestBuy gently caress this up?

:smith:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is loving stupid. I'm still in line waiting for this thing at 1am.

I'm too old for this poo poo.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

BabyRyoga posted:

Looks like Best Buy is intentionally loving up Switch Order shipping and trying to blame it on UPS.

They shipped some of em out Tuesday and Wednesday, but are waiting until Thursday for others, and not upgrading the shipping to overnight/next day instead of Ground to make up for their own lag. I'm gonna call them on their bullshit tomorrow and hopefully get some kind of compensation. When they guarantee a date and intentionally gently caress that up, that's pretty much a dick move, and they are doing it to thousands of people it looks like.

Yeah they pulled this poo poo with me too. Now it isn't supposed to arrive until Monday.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

My switch has a dead pixel

lol gently caress me

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Has anyone had luck with Google Express? They're telling me I can order it through them for purchase at Target and they'll deliver it tomorrow. Is there any chance this will work? gently caress Best Buy so hard.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well my Best Buy sold out of pro controllers but still have a few units left for tomorrow.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

beergod posted:

Has anyone had luck with Google Express? They're telling me I can order it through them for purchase at Target and they'll deliver it tomorrow. Is there any chance this will work? gently caress Best Buy so hard.
Well poo poo I'm trying. And promo FAST35 for $35 off pretty much takes care of tax and shipping for me in CA. Delivery time in the morning too at some indeterminate point tomorrow.

japtor fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 3, 2017

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

japtor posted:

Well poo poo I'm trying. And promo FAST35 for $35 off pretty much takes care of tax and shipping for me in CA. Delivery time in the morning too.

They're telling me no delivery until Saturday. Who knows at this point.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

This is the first thing I've ever been excited enough for to preorder. Is it always like this? I thought that ordering a month in advance would be the best way to be sure I'd get one but it seems like not a single retailer is capable of basic poo poo like looking at how much inventory they have or charging a credit card as soon as a video game related thing is involved.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
yes, unbounded hype always leads to disappointment

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I thought I was immediately not a fan of the Joy-Cons as I took them out of the box, until I picked the whole thing up in portable mode and tried the Puyo Puyo Tetris S demo on the JP eShop. This thing immediately rules as a handheld. The screen is super good. Even the speakers are way better than I expected. Haven't even tried docked anything yet since it's 4 in the morning and I wasn't expecting to stand in line for 5 hours.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Both of the Argos stores near me have "more than 5 in stock".

Nintendo stuff never really does great in Ireland anyway.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
What was that website in that last thread that showed in-store stock?

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
As someone who's never played a Zelda game before, this game is really fun. The switch is a neat piece of hardware, I'm really hoping Nintendo does everything they can to help the Switch takeoff.

e:

beergod posted:

What was that website in that last thread that showed in-store stock?

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Grey SKU: 55449983
Neon SKU: 55449981

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Diametunim posted:

As someone who's never played a Zelda game before, this game is really fun. The switch is a neat piece of hardware, I'm really hoping Nintendo does everything they can to help the Switch takeoff.

e:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Grey SKU: 55449983
Neon SKU: 55449981

Thanks. I wonder how accurate this is. It's showing tons of them available at the 24-hour Walmarts near me. But of course they aren't answering the phones, which I understand if its crazy.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

beergod posted:

They're telling me no delivery until Saturday. Who knows at this point.
Well I read the delivery estimate wrong...I thought it was 8AM-10AM, it's to 10PM :downs:. That's a bit more realistic.

beergod posted:

Thanks. I wonder how accurate this is. It's showing tons of them available at the 24-hour Walmarts near me. But of course they aren't answering the phones, which I understand if its crazy.
I saw someone mention their store having like half the stock listed on the site, like the number included preorders for that store at least.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

beergod posted:

My local Walmart's stock updated between 6hours ago and now. They had 50 gray and 8 neon, down to 31 gray and 0 neon. It's probably pretty accurate, but idk if those numbers include reserved preorders.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

japtor posted:

Well I read the delivery estimate wrong...I thought it was 8AM-10AM, it's to 10PM :downs:. That's a bit more realistic.

I saw someone mention their store having like half the stock listed on the site, like the number included preorders for that store at least.

Is your Google Express order being delivered the 3rd or the 4th?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

spudsbuckley posted:

Both of the Argos stores near me have "more than 5 in stock".

Nintendo stuff never really does great in Ireland anyway.
I was queueing for over an hour outside Smyths last night. Seemed popular enough. Argos is usually just a well-kept secret to nab stuff from. You can't pre-order though so you're taking a risk if you do want it Day One.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

beergod posted:

Is your Google Express order being delivered the 3rd or the 4th?
Confirmation email says 4th. I am bad at this. (While website is only listing time but no date)

I just remember it giving two delivery options for the same price and picked the sooner one (maybe the other option was the 6th then?). Eh whatever, as long as it saves me from driving around and waiting in line and crap it's fine, especially for $35 off.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I'm in Washington state, and my order from Amazon changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' on the afternoon of the 1st and hasn't changed since. Next time I'll just buy it from Fred Meyer.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hey so why is the wifi on this thing such poo poo? It won't find my network half the time, and when it does, the connection is so slow and unstable that I can't even update the console.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Googling a bit it looks like there was a mass delay with Best Buy preorders being shipped to Southern California (that's where I'm at). We've all been hit with transit delay messages indicating it's not going to get here until Monday. This could potentially be a pretty big deal for Best Buy so I wonder if they're going to leverage their relationship with UPS to get these out on the trucks by tomorrow but who knows.

I normally line up but I'm getting too old for this poo poo so I preordered with same day delivery lol and here we are, I might as well be lined up

Gunder
May 22, 2003

"Preordered" mine yesterday on Amazon UK, it'll be delivered sometime this morning. Feels odd that I was able to do that and not have to wait weeks for them to come back into stock.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

man nurse posted:

Hey so why is the wifi on this thing such poo poo? It won't find my network half the time, and when it does, the connection is so slow and unstable that I can't even update the console.

try turning it off and on again

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Target has Pro Controllers up for order with pick up in store tomorrow. YMMV based on where you are of course but they were in stock at pretty much every Target in my area.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Is taking the Pro Controller traveling with you and playing it on like an airplane with the Switch in kickstand mode like a thing people are doing or are we just using our joycons when out asking for a friend

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm in Washington state, and my order from Amazon changed to 'Preparing for Shipment' on the afternoon of the 1st and hasn't changed since. Next time I'll just buy it from Fred Meyer.

Check if they charged your credit card. The order update on the site might not change until it's actually delivered at your door.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Check if they charged your credit card. The order update on the site might not change until it's actually delivered at your door.

Yeah it was charged when the status changed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I went into get my stuff they were holding a trivia quiz about Kirby for some loving reason

I walked out of gamestop with a tote bag and a lapel as well as a poster.

Also some dudes at midnight started singing the switch reveal trailer song with the music playing on their cellphones- as they sang people just started staring at them and they got quieter and quieter until they were basically mumbling while their cellphone screamed GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

beergod posted:

Googling a bit it looks like there was a mass delay with Best Buy preorders being shipped to Southern California (that's where I'm at). We've all been hit with transit delay messages indicating it's not going to get here until Monday. This could potentially be a pretty big deal for Best Buy so I wonder if they're going to leverage their relationship with UPS to get these out on the trucks by tomorrow but who knows.

I normally line up but I'm getting too old for this poo poo so I preordered with same day delivery lol and here we are, I might as well be lined up

My Switch is getting shipped from bestbuy to Los Angeles. Finally left their warehouse on UPS ground last night and is still set for delivery on the 3rd so YMMV. However it hasn't left Fresno while my Zelda and pro controllers are in Vernon already. So who knows. Basically bestbuy sucks, but we already knew that.

• Locked thread