Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I'm thinking about buying a Switch. How much conflict rare earth can you find in one?

More serious: how well does the dock travel, can I throw it into a carry-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hadn't bought a Wii U and the number of games for that platform that I want to play that I don't know if they would ever come to the Switch is really holding me back from buying a Switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Be aware that in accordance with their family friendly image bringing Butterbeer from other sections of the park will cause park staff to replace your beverage with a non-alcoholic juice substitute.

Edit: more new details on the park:

This is canon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just bought a Switch for ARMS. Are there any must-have accessories I should also pick up

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I got one at Target today too. I just used istocknow and called around for local availability

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Should I get a screen protector? I guess I will be using it undocked from time to time but that would probably just be around the house, so it doesn't seem like it would get the wear and tear that my cell phone screen gets.

I was also thinking about getting a carrying case but I think I would probably only take it on the go like twice a year and for that I feel like my laptop bag should be fine

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So is Overwatch coming then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

hi my name is hopeandjoy and I unironiclly love the Super Mario theme song they are playing and want a full version on Youtube, like, yesterday.

Good News!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Everything around Splatoon really reminds me of the 1990s Nickelodeon aesthetic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zelder posted:

Vintage devastating self own

Dude's latest tweet is just a mosaic of images of Twintelle's butt

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Mario only wants to get close to Princess Peach so he can get off the plumber body and take her over to rule the mushroom kingdom. The entire time Bowser has known this and keeps trying to get her away from Mario before he can enact his plan

I think George RR Martin wrote a story with this premise?

Really, I wasn't paying attention during the gameplay footage but what happens to Mario's body at the moment of consciousness transfer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Strange Matter posted:

So what's on the stream today?

There's a Pokken tournament in the morning and an ARMS tournament in the afternoon. Possibly some more game demos but I don't think they have shown a schedule for that

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They are showing Amiibo now, that can't be it can it

Edit: A new 3DS game :geno:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sushi Striker?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nintendo lost E3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zelda came in so I finally have something to play on my new Switch.

The Joycons feel weird and I feel like I have to contort my hands to switch from the sticks to the buttons on each side, and in Zelda I have to do that all the time. Will a Pro controller help with this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I had to buy a pro controller immediately.

Only time I've preferred the joycons was Tumble Seed because of their deadzone

I put the Joycons in the grip and the handle helped a little bit but it still feels weird.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does anyone have experience with the 8bitdo controllers? They have some at Fry's and I'm tempted.

Oh man, if I need to get another controller, that NES30 Pro looks nice. I feel like I would be more at home with symmetrical sticks...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It is interesting how New Donk City is entirely populated by humans, with nary an ape to be seen. A history of settler colonialism, perhaps. The DK Incident was maybe just one last desperate attempt at resistance before being forced out in a Trail of Tears situation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tin Star and Urban Champion were pretty niche. Thread title incorrect

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Donkey Kong probably didn't choose his name. It was probably his slave name

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

More like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8MRSN6BWQ&t=179s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am traveling with my Switch this week.

I am going to toss it in my laptop case with no screen protector

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bayonetta vs. Twintelle

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Ripe time for a game that makes you Switch between dock and undocked to keep playing

Stardew Valley with motion controls, maybe that's why it was delayed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

a.lo posted:

Twintelle for smash

The Nintendo Switch is a family console

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Little Mac posted:

Zelda Noir

New Donk City in black and white, at night, in the rain

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Argue posted:

Since the colors thing was mentioned at the same time as parental controls, I'm thinking it's a way for the parents to get you to stop playing without killing your game prior to saving. Instead you get a downgraded experience but you don't _have_ to stop without saving.

I watched that parental controls video on Father's Day and that moment when Bowser was imagining his son's game stopping actually made me legit tear up a little

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If I have a monitor with no speakers or audio out, can I use the HDMI out for video and plug my headphones into the docked Switch?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kashuno posted:

What about Diddy Kong Racing???

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am playing Breath of the Wild in an airport terminal right now. The commercials were prophetic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Now I just need to take my Switch to the park, then an underpass, then a rooftop party, then join a professional Splatoon 2 team

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

where did the screen protectors touch you lmao

you should try tempered glass screen protectors sometime, seriously they're really good, the ignorance in your post makes it clear that you haven't actually ever tried one!

my note 4 from 2015 has one, visibility and functionally are completely unhindered, and the screen below is pristine. Protector + case = mint condition for years with literally no detriment to function or visibility

resale money, bro, devices that are kept in pristine condition sell for a lot more than devices that have clearly been heavily used for years and some of us are smart little cookies who make good money off of our old devices whenever we buy new dumb children's toys or portable phones

I know theoretically that people resell their consoles but I am too lazy to go through with that. It took me like six months to get around to eBaying a broken PS3 and when I did, I ended up spending way too much on shipping that I made like 10 bucks. -90 bucks if you consider that I paid 100 for it and it broke a month later.

I have a note in my todo list to sell my Vita and it is 176 days overdue. I also have a PS2 that's been sitting in a closet for a decade

Like, are people really making preparations to properly sell their Switches in 2017

Edit: I did end up getting a tempered glass protector for my Switch. I just did it in my living room and had no dust issues

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 24, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Netflix/Twitch/YouTube ever coming to the Switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There will be no Super Nintendo games on the Switch for another 18 months at minimum

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is one of my favorite games of all time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I really hope that game netflix thing they talked about replaces Virtual Console

I think that adds to the whole drama around the SNES Mini, because they only mentioned NES games in their last announcement about that service. If they are going to purposefully hold off on SNES games for the Switch because of the Mini, that would be really dumb

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

so according to their facebook page, that Rainway app is coming out "to all platforms" (which includes switch) on november 25th. looking forward to finally playing dark souls 3 all the way through on my nintendo switch.

Finally, a way to play Super Mario World on the latest Nintendo console

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ARMS has been decent enough fun. I am feeling pretty good about my decision to rent rather than buy it, though -- even though I have been binging on fighting games this month, ARMS is not hooking me the way Injustice 2 or Tekken did. I have tried both the motion and pad controls and each just feels a bit off in different ways. I'll probably keep putting more time into it and see if things change, but will most likely move onto Spla2n when that comes out

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I always called it "The Soup"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

That 's genuinely disturbing

All of Nintendo's new franchises are set in dystopian near-futures, they have their finger on the pulse of current events

• Locked thread