Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Why do you hurt me like this, Puyo Puyo Tetris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Infinitum posted:

There's several moves you can make there.

What's the issue?

The issue wasn't my side of the board it was the fact that all the junk I dropped for that entire game just set up tetrises for my opponent.

edit: I mean I'm not pretending to be a good player but I never heard my opponent shout "TETRIS" as many times and most of it was from junk blocks

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 29, 2017

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Takoluka posted:

The real problem is that you aren't using Arle & Carbunkle, instead opting for Rulue, lover of Satan.

Satan is cool and good and Rulue helps me vicariously live out my love for him.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Always lick your game cards to make them uniquely yours

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Meridian posted:

What is this sorcery?

Looks like someone pulled the board out of the dock and put it in a custom case.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah the OS kind of feels :effort: so far, especially compared to the state the Wii and Wii U launched in. In some places you can make a case that maybe they were going for tasteful minimalism but some places just seem like they were rushing for a release.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I boarded the maze and used Stasis plus bombs to golf it over to near the hole :discourse:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought Nintendo was more choosy about who they licensed their IP to after the Super Mario Bros. movie but I guess I was wrong

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Don't forget Violent Marie

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mister Facetious posted:

Good news for Nintendo and Switch owners; anyone who browses "All Games" on PS4 each week should know by now that Sony is going, ahem- full Steam ahead with allowing any dumb gently caress indie "developer" (and I use the term loosely here) onto their store page:

It's like they actively don't want people to look at their store page (and thus, buy games) anymore.

Holy poo poo, that's one of the new games by the guy who did The Demon Rush

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

No joke? Cause The Demon Rush is legit the first thing I thought of when I saw that screenshot.

Check out other stunning screenshots from this game and his other games: http://www.dragoon.ca/media.html

edit: essentially his terrible MS Paint style managed to transition perfectly when he switched from 2D games to 3D games

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jun 7, 2017

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Louisgod posted:

I click the link and the music plays in the window. Bing bong so simple.

you should check your links before you act like other people are idiots

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Infinitum posted:

Statistically the correct format :colbert:

I finally understand why as a Canadian I can never tell what any date is

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

jabro posted:

I want to play it because I heard the story is halfway decent but I hate combat in SRPGs.

It isn't an SRPG; it tries very hard to be Chrono Trigger.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Sure, but no Doom or Metal Marines. Bit of a bummer.

PC Metal Marines was better, unless you actually mean Metal Warriors.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

TheScott2K posted:

Everyone check your dosimeter, this guy's dropping nuclear takes.

I haven't seen a single person hate on Super Mario World ever before except for edgelords in this thread

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I ended up buying Puyo Puyo Tetris. I am doing the story mode and actually have to play Puyo Puyo (I only played Tetris with the demo). I watched the tutorial videos for Puyo Puyo and logically understand what I should do to get chains but it is difficult to wrap my head around it in the heat of the moment. Like, years of playing Tetris means it takes microseconds for me to sense where to slot a piece, and I know what a good board that I have under control feels like, and I can look at the next pieces list and actually plan stuff out. But with Puyo Puyo it's like reading a foreign language. I panic easily and garbage puyos feel so much more damaging than garbage lines. It's like culture shock

Especially since western players have gotten like one Puyo game before (not even under the Puyo name) while the Japanese have had decades to have their muscles surgically replaced with puyos.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

VideoGames posted:

Everytime the Switch thread gets a bit nutty, it gets an equally nutty thread title. I do this for other threads too.

Your thread titles are perfect for the Switch thread.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Marie forever.

:yeah:

I like them both but if I had to choose it's a very easy choice

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 6, 2017

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

between ARMS and Splatoon it's nice to see Nintendo putting black characters in their games

Pearl is abhorrent, she's like the squid version of that gross Die Antwoord woman

Did they try to make Pearl the worst thing ever?

Marina is cool but I don't like the pair of them as much as the Squid Sisters :|

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I don't dislike Pearl as much after seeing her in motion in the Splatfest demo.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

TFRazorsaw posted:

wait, is the splatfest already going on?

In a week but you can download it, pick a team, do the tutorial, and walk around the lobby plaza in the meantime.

edit: No gun test range though as far as I've found, I was hoping to at least shoot some guns in the meantime

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A new thread would be perfect for the Switch

• Locked thread