Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Whoever decided that charging and kickstand were mutually exclusive should be loving shot :argh:

Why the gently caress do companies keep doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
id get snipperclips if i actually had friends

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I can't wait for war groove and stardew to arrive. Advance Wars and Harvest Moon :allears:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I feel kinda ripped off by the pro controller, but at the same time is it really that much more comfortable. I mean, 70 loving dollars for it with slightly squishy buttons, very squishy d-pad and only binary triggers. They could've at least brought that back! :(

I wonder if they will release a software update in the future to use the full tegra chip in dock mode (rather than the what, 70% max clock its at?) Hell, maybe they just need to release a 'pro' dock with a fan on it or something.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
The switch should be able to charge via a normal tablet wall-wart right?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

You won't be able to charge and play at the same time and you'll need a USB-A to -C cable

Well duh i'll need a cable capable of connecting the two :rolleyes: And I expected that as it seems the switch is a ~30W charger. I honestly might just buy another (45-60W) charger for my MacBook so I don't need to unplug the drat thing every time I leave) and use it for both if needed.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
What if they did have artificial scarcity but the expected response was greatly overestimated huh, good sir?!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
My only regret is I forgot to ask about the colored consoles when I pre-ordered mine and I didn't remember until like a month later.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Does the switch really not come with an ac adapter in some regions? Mine had a rather simple usb-c charger w/ attached cord rather than a usb port.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I wouldn't mind a way to stream plex stuff tbh. Hell, if it could play music at the same time that'd be awesome too

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Why isn't anyone making a tablet holder for the pro controller??? Like that'd be the best nerdiest thing to have for using handheld. I'm not that much of a fan of the controllers on the tablet.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Are the grips for the joy cons any good? As is, the handheld mode cramps my hand if I hold it too long, so I'm hoping there's something out there that can fit my hand easier.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

If your hand is big enough to be cramped by handheld I think the grip might not be for you. I played for 12 hours yesterday and was totally fine but my friend with a bigger hand cramped up after a few hours.

the psp and the 3DS are fine, it's just that the bottom corner is just at the bottom of my hand enough to be un-comfortably poke. There's one grip that has a fatter bottom; I think that one would be better, as it'd spread the pressure at that back corner point over a much wider area in a soft material. Plus I can fake having colored joy-cons :D

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 5, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I just discovered that the first ~40% of the brightness bar is the same brightness... Why on earth do that? :psyduck:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Arrrggghhh I hate that the left stick button can be activated if a butterfly farts on it. I've had so many deaths in Zelda from accidentally crouching when trying to lock on and run away from enemies, particularly those drat guardians that laser you

Also I have a serious compulsion in cutting every single drat blade of grass. I get all tense and stuff if there's more than like 30% of it left. Of course, that's mostly in the Hatano/Kakariko areas where insects/fairies/rice/lizards are very prevalent. I was mowing around the cliffs of Quince/Marblod plain and got a shitton of rice there

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 9, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I have ubiquiti gear and the switch has zero issues. Same thing with the fios router my mom has

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Is lego city undercover worth $60 for a 3.5-4 year old game?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
How does the nintendo connect to the joycons when in handheld mode? Are there spi pins inside the rail or something?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Wait, you can use them with PCs?

holy crap i just paired my pro controller easy peasy with my macbook. No issues at all. The only thing is that the controller number lights just do the searching thing

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I so want yookah laylee to be good but IGN gave it a 7, gamespot a 6 :(

At least nintendo is using an acorn risc processor so people can easily port their games. loving mips

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Rexroom posted:

From what I gathered from the reviews, the game is great if you wanted Banjo Kazooie to have a graphics bump to this day but not have any of the gameplay improvements such as maps or working camera.

not having a map and working camera is kinda stupid tho

ill pick it up when its $30 or under

Im just waiting for the OG spyro spirtual successor. God, I love those games

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 7, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I rely heavily on the map in zelda to orient myself, not to mention literally every other game. Not having one I can pull up will be horrible, since while I do build internal maps easily enough, thats for the real world where i am literally in it. Games are different and I don't have the same intuitive sense for a portal view :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I just got one of the zelda cases. holds the switch (even with the gel controller grips adding heft), 12 games in 2 carriers, and theres an extra pocket for cables/ flat things

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It looks cool! And its perfectly fine to me

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Why did nintendo put the slowest serial comm in for the game carts*? Games should not have a 45s load screen

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I want to gently caress a guardian. Those legs... :allears:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

I don't think a full sized Guardian will fit in your butt.

Who said anything about butt? :parrot:

The case I have doesn't have elastic bands, just a zippered pocket flap that lays on top of the console that can velcro to to the case

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Speaking of wolf link, is there a way to get more than 3 hearts on him?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
booo i dont a wiiu. I should just 'hack' the drat thing to give more hearts to him

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Is snake pass really good? And how is has been heroes? I'm hungry for more games now that I'm about done with zelda

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Stardew Valley is the game im eagarly waiting for. I have it on the pc but im kinda avoiding it just so i can get the full experience brand new on the switch

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Rirse posted:

So glad Yooka-Laylee got delayed on the Switch so I wouldn't had ended up buying it and finding out it's another Mighty No 9 trash heap.

Huh? That's not the impression i get from review footage

i mean, it could be due to me having never played BK as a kid (I had a playstation) and thus not having that nostalgia loving with me (It's not exactly Banjo Kazooie 4!!), but it seems like a fun, if frustrating at times throwback game

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 12, 2017

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I think everyone who complains about that 'stealth' mission was trying too hard. It is incredibly forgiving-- you have to basically be right in front of him to trigger a loss. Wear the stealth armor or eat a 3-stealth food and just stand by a tree while keeping track of him, occasionally advancing as he gets far enough away. Granted, when I beat it the wolf people talk about did not show, but you can always snipe it with a strong enough bow, if you even need to kill it for the quest. SEriously, its not thief or metal gear, people, just be a little more careful than usual!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
godammit I got the lego city game because it looks awesome, but it is laggy as gently caress which i can live with, but I just got a really weird bug where a 'select floor' dialog is stuck on the screen and stays there trough restarts and new maps. I finally got it to go away by going back to the elevator in the police station, but gently caress, was the game this loving buggy on the wiiu? Who the gently caress is responsible for all these lovely ports?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
In my dreams, they announce that in addition to every previous VC game becoming available immediately on the Switch, you get free copies of every game you've purchased on the 3DS and WiiU :allears:

a girl can dream...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
itll just be splatoon 2 details and release date, and same for arms or w/e

nothing interesting

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
i never 'got' splatoon

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Who else got the lego city game? I've just had two errors in a row in the game-- the first time was a full on OS crash where the switch needed to be restarted when I took it out of the dock, the second I was just walking around in game and the game itself crashed ("Software Error"). This is not boding well...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently the Lego City Switch port is really good and not that far behind the PS4 one. I always had a soft spot for that lovely Lego Island PC game so maybe it'll scratch that same itch.

Its framerate drops constantly though, and rpboably spends most of the time at 20 fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

I honestly feel like Lego Coty runs at 15 to 20fps at times in the open world in portable mode. It's ridiculous. Decent game though.

Yeah, the digital foundry analysis was definitely in the docked mode (how could they do an analysis in portable?) because performance is definitely worse when its not docked. Yes, docked is a good 25-30 but y'all cant just instantly dismiss my experience because you think im just being a pollyanna. Portable does do 15-20fps.

• Locked thread