Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Anyone else just enjoying using the joy cons separately?

Not so much out of a dislike of the grip (which is alright) I find myself just using the joycons. Its great being able to lounge without needing to hold my hands together while playing. Its like a realized wiimote + nunchunk without the dumb wire that got caught on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Yea USB-C is still fairly newish, give it another year and they'll definitely drop.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

How are people getting the video out of the switch?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

you're bubbles are messing with me so hard man.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Play...P7WWVH0F4FTQYRH

At my most cynical I'd wonder if the charger port was placed on the bottom of the switch specifically so you can't charge while playing in table top mode unless you buy this $35 piece of plastic that Nintendo is conveniently getting license fees from.

99% sure the charge port is on the bottom because thats the best way to plug a docked item in.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

This thread moves fast, so this may be a repeat, but YOOOO

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/839201359194828800

playtime records are in your user profile page.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Infinitum posted:

HD Gamecube games would be nice if they outsourced them to a 3rd party team to port them to the eshop.

Super Mario Sunshine HD :swoon:

If there is one game that needs people to take another look at it, it is Sunshine for some reason people just ragged on that game. I found it quite wonderful and think another release would help people realize how great it is.

basically I loving love Sunshine and you should too.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Looks like Nintendo are being bullied into the mistake of adding streaming media. Too bad.

Whats wrong with being able to stream?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Lol no way, those numbers can't be right.

I mean D5 was a 2015 game that has historically never been on a Nintendo system. It doesn't seem surprising at all. More importantly it also first launched on PS4 which is still a beast.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

What I'm curious about is why everyone thinks that if Nintendo fails it'll move onto publishing on other consoles/steam. Seems like if they fail they would just go full mobile.

Get $$$ from that whale market and then either continue doing that forever, or make another console.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I Am Frick posted:

Surprised we aren't talking about this more... How does it cost $10 more on Switch? That doesn't make any sense...

quote:

Update: Here’s the response from Grey Box: “We set prices for our products based on the costs of development and publishing for each specific platform.”)

Read into this as much as you want.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

If they'd just go bankrupt then a publisher that doesn't hate making money by giving consumers what they want could gobble up their IP rights.

gross Ubisoft's Breath of the Wild 2 :barf:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Everyone was like "man what do they even do after Mario Galaxy" until Mario Odyssey got revealed

Have faith in Nintendo, friends

What's the New Donk City of Zelda?

New Gand Land?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nolgthorn posted:

Every time I see people disappointed by battery life I'm reminded of nuclear batteries which provide a heckdamnload of energy for a very long period of time, but absolutely can not be disposed of in a garbage dump and are therefore illegal for purposes related to mass production and have been for years.

People will throw nuclear waste into their garbage under their sink, given the chance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8297934.stm

whats the cost of a nuclear battery?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mahoning posted:

(a console which I ALSO didn't own and would have had to buy, but used.)

I totally should've bought that Fisher Price dead console to play one game instead of the brand new one that I can play wherever the gently caress I want.

Tbqh if you haven't owned a WiiU at all I would recommend

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros U (really more New Super Luigi U which has some great rear end levels and is not a cakewalk)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Pikmin 3
Super Mario Maker (if your not a fan of random levels without themed worlds then probably stay away)
Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mahoning posted:

They'll probably release most of those as ports on the Switch so more than a few dozen people have the chance to play them :ssh:

I really hope Toad Tracker gets support so another one gets made.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think FF7 is gonna get a Pro Special Edition, but I fully expect Death Stranding to. That's what I'm waiting to pull the trigger for.

Seems very thin considering Kojima choose the Decima engine which is the engine running Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Its a proprietary Guerrilla Games engine which is owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment,

I highly doubt Death Stranding will show up anywhere except for on a Sony system.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Sony is footing some of the bill in order to once again have a Kojima exclusive. That poo poo should sell.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Huh?... What even is this post?

All those reasons are exactly why it's going to get a PS4Pro special edition console. Nobody expects it to be anything other than a Sony exclusive because they've been very transparent about it being one.

Plus I expect it because MGS4 got a neato special edition PS3 back in the day.

I know DS isn't on FOX Engine, but I fully expect Kojima to pull some wonders off of Guerrilla's engine.

He's always engineered miracles, so to me, Death Stranding will be worth the upgrade.

But yeah, Nintendo Switch! I'm unsure if I wanna buy Blaster Master or not.

Oh I misread the original post I thought he thought it was coming to the switch as we are in the switch thread and all that.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Nolgthorn posted:

Does he have a switch? Because I don't have one yet and damned if I'm going to let him beat me.

he works for a video game focused site and does in fact own a Switch.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

I mean it seems like the easiest thing to prove for a DIY website or something, just put it in and out of the dock for half a day and post the results

And I refuse to believe that Nintendo hasn't done exactly that and came to the conclusion that the material used is fine

The real test is check your dock for a slight bend on the front panel. The normal gap between the switch and the dock front panel is pretty small. I could see a slight bend making it enough so that if you drop the switch in at an angle that it can get scratched.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I have a bunch of issues with my setup.

Though I'm roughly set up so its

Switch ---- Me ------- Router, notably it and my phone are the only WiFi devices (everything else is wired). I've unplugged my dolphin bar and it helped some. Watch out for other bluetooth connections.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tbqh I don't think a branch only run would be something interesting anyways. With the weapon degradation and the amount of health the bosses have it'll kinda just be very boring.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

enojy posted:

Speaking of Voez, is there any lag? Like when you tap a note, does everything feel in sync, audibly and visually? I deleted the iOS version almost immediately because of the lag (on a 7+, so I doubt it was my hardware.) I've been playing precise rhythm games for an embarrassingly long time, so I'm really sensitive (burgin' even) to discrepancies in timing.

did you even turn off the built-in lag compensation?

There is a calibration option that is set to +200ms/300ms or something in Voez phone version.
I turned it off (set to 0) on my 6P because I was getting that issue.

Anyways according to reports I've heard the option is not necessary for the Switch though I'm still unsure if I'm picking it up. I need to figure out how many songs their are and if it will get the song updates the phone version will (which interestingly enough has an unlock all songs button for the low low price of $115!)

Also the game gets hard in an interesting way once they start moving the lanes as notes come down.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 16, 2017

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there a list of what monster parts do in elixirs in BotW? I'm trying to experiment but I seem to just be making low grade elixirs with various times more then anything

I believe most do nothing but add slight variations on duration.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Meridian posted:

Horizon turned out to be cool? I haven't followed it at all.

Horizon is quite good in fact. If you're thinking of that infamous brom scene it is in no way representative of really any other dialogue.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Anyone hear anything about this "town sim" game

New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers?

Seems real weird and almost Anno ish.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Spellman posted:

Definite girlfriend game

Awkward silence when playing with best bro

Nah I had a ton of fun doing with my friend.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mahoning posted:

Did you guys have fun playing the "Champaign Popping" game on 1 2 Switch as well?

please we are milk champions! (not really I don't have 1-2 switch).

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Infinitum posted:

No More Heroes delayed a week in Australia if you're hanging out for that.

You can save $10 by buying it on the US shop when it releases this week :toot:

please don't joke about no more heroes.

I assume you're talking about Has Been Heroes?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

zenintrude posted:

Can't you just buy the bundle and return the garbage you don't want?

Knowing gamestop no, you'll likely have to return the whole bundle.

Also wouldn't the worker be pissed about selling those dumb bundles because its not used etc. So it'll throw them off the quota

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

GameStop literally just released a statement about how enthusiastic they are about how well the thing is selling.

I assume with the Wii gamestop was super happy, lookit all these people to upsell on game protection!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

Do I wish you could climb every mountain like in Zelda in Horizon? Yes, but Horizons system is way less annoying and unobtrusive because you'll actually know you'll be able to get where your going if you go the right way instead of having to gamble with a rng system and be forced to not play the game.

The right way being an awfully hard to see white handhold on snowy mountains, I loved Horizon but holy poo poo that climbing needs an overhaul easily the worst part of the game (no wait it was the stand around waiting for audiologs to finish lore drops). Even if they had an option to make them bright red or another distinctive colour.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mahoning posted:

I mean, sure, if Amazon Prime was only good for discounts on video games, then yeah, your price breakdown makes sense. But, there's like a ton of other benefits to it, not the least of which is evident in this very thread on this very day....they're selling their Switch stock to Prime members only.

Also my suggestion is to still be a "student" I haven't been in Uni for a long rear end time now but I'm still paying Amazon Prime student fees which is great.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Dehry posted:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-153-with-gray-joy-con-153-starter-bundle/-/A-52385985

$499 target bundle with Zelda, 12Switch, Pro Controller, Amiibo, and carrying case.

Still in stock after almost an hour.

can you even return the bundled poo poo at Target?

Also that thing is marked at 700 CAD. I know the dollar ain't great but an extra $200 is insane. I'd expect $150~

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

pippy posted:

I bet more than one rich would buy it. Pure profit.

They'll fix it. But now we've got funny gifs too.

Worth it.

Will they fix it? And mostly it seems they had to release ME:A due to it being the end of March.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

turnways posted:

IIRC you did get a significant discount for owning the original BoI, though, to support VideoGames's point.

We all could probably post examples all day long but the point is there's an industry trend (not standard) that when not followed irks some people. I don't mind rebuying MK8 even though I own the original and all the DLC for $60 because it means I can play it on the road, but I wish it were cheaper more than I wish video games in general were cheaper.

Very specifically it was a 33% discount for preordering the game if you had the BoI + WotL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Infinitum posted:

BoI would do well to have a 'Restart' button in the menu when I don't feel like continuing a run anymore :v:

Also seed history would be nice.

Ya on PC, R is a dope button for a reason. They should map it to something on the controller.

• Locked thread