Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm coming to this thread 400 pages behind. Have they fixed the left joycon disconnect issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am positive this has been asked a million times, so I apologize in advance, as this is a super long thread.

What's the best way to find a switch near me that isn't a ridiculous GameStop "bundle" that costs $500? I don't care about the color, just that it's the $299 base SKU.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tons of BOTW influence in Mario odyssey

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Monster hunter sucks anyway. No big loss

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lemming posted:

*head rotates 180 degrees* the gently caress you say

*cups hands* MONSTER HUNTER SUCKS FYI

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Was there any news on that app that lets you stream games from a PC to switch?

E: Rainway it's called, any news?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 14, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What istock website are you guys exactly referencing? Istock just returns results for a stock photography site?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For the Bluetooth speakers I'm really surprised no one makes a microscopic Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into a 3.5mm jack and lets you use Bluetooth speakers.

I know they exist as big boxes that hang off your device, but the switch you would think would drive someone to make them tiny.

Sort of like how companies make short SD cards that sit flush with the edge of a MacBook to expand their storage

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thank you goons for recommending istocknow for checking switch stock. I found one single Walmart in the Milwaukee area with one single switch and bought it.

Thanks goons

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Welcome to the land of broken dreams and game less consoles.

Ironically the Walmart was picked over and only had BoI and 1-2 Switch, so I do own a switch with no games right now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I haven't liked isaac on pc so I doubt I will on switch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just got a ton of texts that Best Buy has switch stock online. Go go go!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pls call the police and rescue that arms cartridge form that sweltering car

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is the framerate on lego city undercover as bad as the reviews say? Have they patched it at all?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ok, someone else?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

So how long will it likely be before a Switch. Emulator for Windows is up and playable? I want to play these games with all the bells and whistles?

15 years

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do not pay over msrp for a switch, tia

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Switch friends, what are the best case and screen protector the the switch? I want to protect my precious.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Do you have a 4k tv, no pc, and a desire to play another crackdown?

Gotta get those orbs agent!!!

For real crackdown was hella fun.

Microsoft pls port the crackdown to switch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

'"'new'"' Nintendo switch

:suicide:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I tweeted at Free Lives that they should port BROFORCE to Switch. No response :smith:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm hoping the switches immense popularity overpowers devs reluctance to release games for it

Remember that the Wii was similarly insanely popular and it got two then-current COD games.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, I hope that part improves too. I feel like gamers today are much more vocal about port quality, and places like digitalfoundry will publicly rip poorly ported games apart.

Not that that will stop a lazy dev completely, but it does put some pressure on them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Dunkey is extremely wrong for saying 3D World is weak

Uh yeah 3D world ooooooowwwwnnnneeeddd

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I personally can't wait for Sonic Mania. It's one of the reasons I bought the switch, it's the perfect platform for it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If there is anything good left in this world this petition will succeed: https://www.change.org/p/free-lives-release-broforce-on-nintendo-switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

They couldn't get it working right on the PS4, I really doubt they'll do much better on the switch.

It's running good after the patch. I'll admit pre-patch it was rough though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Did anyones joycons or pro need an update? I just saw that option in the menu for the first time and mine were good. Controller updates are weird, dang

My fear is that they're doing this to lock out the 8bitdo controllers.

The 8bitdo compatibility actually helped convince me to buy a switch.

:ohdear:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lakbay posted:

Does the switch download updates and such in sleep mode like the other consoles?

I had to tell mine to go look for updates. Not sure if sleep mode updates are buried in the options though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

I've been playing video games for 30 years and I do not understand the obsession with controllers.

How the hell have you been playing video games for 30 years and not understand why people care about the primary way in which you play video games?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo! itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/broforce/status/877124561011126272

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

You just posted that a retro-style controller was a factor in you buying a $300 piece of hardware. That's way beyond "caring about controllers".

Not really, no. At least, not in this instance.

I do "care about controllers", which is why I posted what I did

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beastie posted:

I like the people that are apparently big enough Broforce fans to say "This would be one of my two reasons to buy a Switch."

:psyduck:

Broforce owns and is seriously the best couch co-op game in ages. It would be a system seller for me if I didn't already have a switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wheany posted:

Lol imagine how dated a game would look at release if it featured fidget spinners and they started making one now.

There are still zombie games actively in development, so don't be surprised.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Same. Or the first one

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So I know the switch is region free. Is there a way to access non-local eshop?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

spit on my clit posted:

worms armageddon on switch when?

gently caress the new one

Holy poo poo would this be good. Team17 get on it!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ICQ client for switch!!!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

turnways posted:

Mario Is Missing

Og gameboy Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001