Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

Is needing to move your save file especially common?

I guess you've never had a video game system break ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Mega Man without cool robots or weapons and stuff, so much more boring.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorWhat posted:

god the Switch would be perfect for Tate.

I would buy Raiden II so fast

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Dizz posted:

Will it let me abuse it then? I heard people used to switch their info to get WiiU games taxless and t hen swap it back [not like it matters afaik]

Tell it you live in Delaware

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

I hear they're making a Pokemon TCG app and if that turns out to be true I will be all over that and will most likely end up spending shameful amounts of money on that poo poo.

I don't think you can spend money in the game itself, but if you buy physical cards, they should all come with codes to either unlock the deck you bought (or a deck) or boosters will give you an in-game booster. So really, it's a great value if you're really into the TCG stuff.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Overbite posted:

I had no issues with the Wii U or even the 3ds and wifi. And I can't hook it up to the router otherwise I would. Called Nintendo about this a while back and they swore it wasn't the switches fault but it's the only device that has this problem so I dunno.

3DS had pretty meh wifi but it was a million times better than the Vita. Fortunately the Switch wifi seems pretty solid in my experience so far.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I tried like six kinds of android apps like that about four years ago and they su-ucked. Real-time streaming of video over network is pretty hard to get right, for some weird reason.

What I'd really want is HDMI input on my switch (which would be nothing like the xbone function, don't try that poo poo with me :colbert:)

Anyway if they get that poo poo working well I'll be all over it. It's certainly got the right hardware for it but I'll believe it when I see it

Yeah too bad technology hasn't changed at all in four years, and the Vita never existed for remote play of PS4 games. Steam link isn't a thing, either.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I appreciate the information.

Nice! Thanks for the link. I am going to order one of the controllers and have it delivered while I am underway. I've been waiting on a Pro controller I ordered from Amazon but it's been lost in the mail for the past couple of weeks.

FYI every target I've been to lately has had a ton of pro controllers out on the shelf, you could just go buy one in store most likely. It'll work munch better for most gaming than an 8bitdo thing.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

If it means never touching my PS4 again, then I can wait.

FYI they are still making games for PS4, you might not have realized that.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zaphod42 posted:

The ONLY console I've ever heard of having more than one video output was the FIRST ORIGINAL MODEL PS1 ONLY, even later PS1s did not and used a multi-out. (and even then, it was only composite that had their own output plugs)

The xbox 360 I owned had an HDMI port and another output for composite/component.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Emron posted:

I don't know whether to pick up Cave Story or Minecraft for Bed Gaming purposes. Tough call

MC is way better for chillaxin' at night in bed IMO

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

The Shield TV streams games even better than the Steam Link.

The Shield TV streams at over 1080p60?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

deadly_pudding posted:

My couch is more comfortable than my desk chair, basically :shrug:

This, playing poo poo via Steam Link is amazing and way better than sitting at my desk.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Dear god that music video was some cringey poo poo. Game looks fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Louisgod posted:

People's obsession with these Splatoon girl characters is weird, to the point where it's just sad.

Agreed, but cake vs ice cream is SERIOUS business. Cake is crap

• Locked thread