Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

whaley posted:

alright now tell me about the bomberman multiplayer

Play 1-2 Switch instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grabbed my preordered Switch from Best Buy after work but they still had like 20 left for general sale. I get home and halfway through the setup the touch screen goes nuts. I mean it's a full blown possession. It kept touching itself all over. I forced it through the setup and it still kept randomly clicking icons and poo poo. I packed it back up and went back to Best Buy. They let me exchange it with no issue but I got lucky in that they only had two left...

New Switch works fine...but I'm scared and feel violated by Nintendo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wendell posted:

It means you only need to do it for cartridges, digital ones redeem the coins automatically. I think!

Correct and it even says that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amazzzzoonnnnnnn!!!!! :argh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We've gone from JIVCON 3 to JIVCON 4. Turn back before it's too late!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Just installed the Goon reccomended glass shield:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N3ASPNV/

Seriously, this should be a mandatory purchase for all Switch owners. No longer worried about dock scratching.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

squidgee posted:

Does it look OK on the screen? I hate protectors, but this dock issue has me paranoid.

Just like a cell phone, you'll never know it's there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

So since Zelda only lets you have one save (I guess) does it save on the system or the cart?

All saved game data goes to the 32G system memory at this time regardless of cart or digital game or whether you have an SD card installed. All you can do is delete it when it's full up...

It is expected Nintendo will eventually patch this issue and let you copy data around. Maybe even some sort of cloud solution when their subscription model comes out. Of course this is Nintendo we are talking about...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Linx posted:

How was the installation? I loving hate installing screen protectors with a passion

It's not hard but you can gently caress it up. Luckily the product I linked sends you two shields.

You can also take your system and protector to Best Buy and the geek squad will do it for 10 bucks I think.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spellman posted:

I wonder if someone will come up with a lifehack for that, maybe apply felt or something to the edges of the dock?

I'm telling you all, just get this. It's the pro solution.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N3ASPNV/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whatever it is was probably coded by a third grader so they could rush this thing to production.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jivjov posted:

"The Switch isn't a console, it's a console!!!"

And yes, the Wii U is a very successful console.

Mr. President you must upgrade the thread to JIVCON 2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spellman posted:

Dropping Zelda on the Wii U gives the Wii U credibility for having possibly one of the best games ever on it

The Wii U literally has all the zeldas. Except the CDI.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

Tempted to sell my Sheikah case and buy the city slicker. Feel like as cool as the zelda case is, its something I would feel weird whipping out on an plane/train/automobile.

I think I've gotten 20 hours into Zelda this weekend. And it doesn't feel like. And I'm still overwhelmed by choosing what to do. And I literally haven't traveled West in any capacity yet. Like, on my way to the non-beast related story marker early on I saw an interesting looking pond and went to check it out, which led to a ridge, which led to a canyon, which led to a jungle, which led to a road, which led to a town, which led to a beach, which led to a boat, which led to an island, which took a while to clear and oh god did I just take a 6 hour detour?

The correct way to play the game. Skyrim was the same when it came out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

Does the switch have any of the social things like the 3ds? Streetpass and whatnot

Nope it's very bare bones at the moment, even the eshop is run by a skeleton crew.

It's expected that a lot more will get patched in over time, probably whenever they add the online subscription thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Ok cool. Sounds like a pass for me then since we have really similar needs for a case. A lot of these early accessories seem really shoddy. I think I'll wait a bit and see what comes out on top.

Preordered this, says my order will be delivered sometime between March 29 and April 26th! :psyduck:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N22YAIP/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

It's 2017 why can't I just pay for a stupid console and they send me one when the stock comes in?

I still can't get a NES mini.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The pro goon reccomended choice. Put this on my Switch and wouldn't recommend anything else.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Milkman posted:

Yeah, but the glass ones are ten thousand times easier to get on right the first time than the dumb assed plastic ones. Also, they're better

:yeah:

And the one that's linked above comes with two in case your meaty cheetos stained paws gently caress it up the first time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anidav posted:

Did Reggie imply that the Switch is outselling the Wii within a two day timeframe at launch?

Isn't that impressive?

Nintendo actually got it right on how to communicate to the masses what this thing is during those goofy commercials. Each commercial shows someone playing the game on a TV, popping it off it to play on the go, then popping it back in to play at home. It's not a complicated process, its easy to do and anybody can make it work. They really need some more games on it though. Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart both have to launch before Christmas or Nintendo is hosed Nintendo might be in trouble. But with both those games? It will be the number one gift easily.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

you misspelled "splatoon 2"

I would love for this game to appeal to the masses, but let's be honest, it going to be the gamers game. Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart will move units...Splatoon not so much. It will be interesting to see how much ad time and exposure they give it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

drat, guess I'm wrong then. That means 1 in 4? 1 in 5 Wii U owners got Splatoon? It just didn't seem likely but I googled it up you guys were right.

I really hope Nintendo jumps on it with a media blitz then.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anidav posted:

Splatoon 2 will launch Nintendo's paid online and I may hate paying an extra 40 Aud a year for it.

Japan would probably hate subs too

I guess the reason we don't have Splatoon 2 now is that the online isn't ready yet. Doesn't seem like it would take them long to develop the game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

So I'm here to see if the Switch thread is the new Xbone thread. Confirm/deny

No Call of Doody and no Madden.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

So there are a lot of reports coming out about the quality of the Switch, from tons of displays with bad pixels to badly machined, loose feeling controllers when connected to the screen, to the actual docking station scratching the piss out of the screen after less than a handful of docks and undocks.

Anybody here had these issues or have I just been fed false information?

My first Switch had a possessed touch screen that kept randomly touching itself with no prompting. I raced it back to Best Buy and exchanged with no questions asked. Got lucky as they were down to two systems left. During my exchange the last two were bought, man it was close. Switch 2 is flawless so far...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

So in the future when there are tasty Japanese games

There's already tasty games now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

eonwe posted:

hey guys blaster master zero tomorrow

live it love it

be the blaster master

As a fan of the first game (warts and all) am I going to want to get this immediately?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gotta love CNET...

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-faq-beginner-guide-issues-games-apps-usb-c-charging/

quote:

What is the Nintendo Switch?

It's Nintendo's new Wii and Game Boy merged into one .

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did anybody make cnetkickstand.gif?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:smugdon: Sad!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

So is Nintendo offering replacement plastic screens for people whose screens get scratched?

Yeah but it's $299.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Welp, thanks Switch, got in a fender bender on the way to work.

Friends don't let friends Switch and drive.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Have there been posts in here to get Blaster Master Zero?

Go get Blaster Master Zero!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's PC Gamer comparing Zelda to STALKER. In a good way.

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-open-world-games-on-pc-need-to-learn-from-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/

quote:

See, Breath of the Wild isn't just an open-world game, it's also a sandbox in the vein of STALKER, where dozens of interlocking systems create a Hyrule that feels more alive than ever.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blaster Master is GOTY.

If Zelda: BOTW didn't already claim the award.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don't think I've posted today that Blaster Master Zero owns.

Blaster Master Zero owns.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

parallelodad posted:

I would like to play more Blaster Master Zero and Fast RMX and Specter Knight but I can't pull myself away from the legend of Zeldrox.

What a time to be alive.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

http://www.macworld.com/article/3179204/gaming/how-to-use-the-nintendo-switchs-joy-cons-on-mac-and-why-youd-want-to.html

Joycons pair with a Mac fairly easily. Unfortunately you can't pair two of them into one controller, but he speculates that somebody may code up a solution someday. Pro controller works though.

He played his totally not acquired illegally SNES roms a steam tower defense game and it worked good with a joycon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Got the final upgrade for Sophia in Blaster Master

All I can say is :laffo::discourse:

This a public service reminder to every Switch owner that if you do not have Blaster Master yet, you are officially not one of the cool kids. Don't be lame, get Blaster Master.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blaster Master is perfect for short little gaming sessions in between Zelda marathons. Lots of save points and a good map system you won't feel lost when you come back to the game over and over.

• Locked thread