Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

TG-Chrono posted:

Ducked down this morning in Aus cause I was tempted to maybe get one. Saw the prices and loving laffo

$500 for a Zelda machine. Good loving luck.

fuuuuck want those prooo controlllllers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
UPS shipping goons: UPS is allowing me to select to pick up the package from a UPS Store instead of having it randomly delivered sometime tomorrow. Google tells me it is usually available at 8:30AM the day of scheduled delivery, but the "estimated delivery date" when I go to select a store says Monday.

Does anyone know how this works?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

On UPS, it says you need to do it before the day of delivery. Since it is so late, it might as well be the day of delivery. It's already on a truck to be delivered to you and the driver will just get a notification to skip your delivery and they'll take it off the truck and deliver it to a store on Monday.

I figured this out. I had to select the "main" UPS shipping hub in my area and that changed it to allow me to pick it up tomorrow morning.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

beergod posted:

I figured this out. I had to select the "main" UPS shipping hub in my area and that changed it to allow me to pick it up tomorrow morning.

And now they change the delivery date to Monday. loving hell. Is there anything I can do?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Are *all* Best Buys and Walmarts doing 12AM releases without preorders?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

Looks like Best Buy is intentionally loving up Switch Order shipping and trying to blame it on UPS.

They shipped some of em out Tuesday and Wednesday, but are waiting until Thursday for others, and not upgrading the shipping to overnight/next day instead of Ground to make up for their own lag. I'm gonna call them on their bullshit tomorrow and hopefully get some kind of compensation. When they guarantee a date and intentionally gently caress that up, that's pretty much a dick move, and they are doing it to thousands of people it looks like.

Yeah they pulled this poo poo with me too. Now it isn't supposed to arrive until Monday.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Has anyone had luck with Google Express? They're telling me I can order it through them for purchase at Target and they'll deliver it tomorrow. Is there any chance this will work? gently caress Best Buy so hard.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

japtor posted:

Well poo poo I'm trying. And promo FAST35 for $35 off pretty much takes care of tax and shipping for me in CA. Delivery time in the morning too.

They're telling me no delivery until Saturday. Who knows at this point.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
What was that website in that last thread that showed in-store stock?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Diametunim posted:

As someone who's never played a Zelda game before, this game is really fun. The switch is a neat piece of hardware, I'm really hoping Nintendo does everything they can to help the Switch takeoff.

e:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

Grey SKU: 55449983
Neon SKU: 55449981

Thanks. I wonder how accurate this is. It's showing tons of them available at the 24-hour Walmarts near me. But of course they aren't answering the phones, which I understand if its crazy.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

japtor posted:

Well I read the delivery estimate wrong...I thought it was 8AM-10AM, it's to 10PM :downs:. That's a bit more realistic.

I saw someone mention their store having like half the stock listed on the site, like the number included preorders for that store at least.

Is your Google Express order being delivered the 3rd or the 4th?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Googling a bit it looks like there was a mass delay with Best Buy preorders being shipped to Southern California (that's where I'm at). We've all been hit with transit delay messages indicating it's not going to get here until Monday. This could potentially be a pretty big deal for Best Buy so I wonder if they're going to leverage their relationship with UPS to get these out on the trucks by tomorrow but who knows.

I normally line up but I'm getting too old for this poo poo so I preordered with same day delivery lol and here we are, I might as well be lined up

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Target has Pro Controllers up for order with pick up in store tomorrow. YMMV based on where you are of course but they were in stock at pretty much every Target in my area.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Is taking the Pro Controller traveling with you and playing it on like an airplane with the Switch in kickstand mode like a thing people are doing or are we just using our joycons when out asking for a friend

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Best Buy in westminster California has a ton of extras for sale. If you show up soon you're basically guaranteed to get one.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Whooo boy that frame rate drop in tv mode for Zelda is no joke. Wonder if they'll patch it somehow

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Shovel knight is good drat

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Yeah it's not $33 rebuy good tho.

It's a shame the console is so underpowered because we aren't ever going to get cross-console AAA games (like battlefield or whatever) but obviously they had to make sacrifices to get it portable.

I wonder how much it would've cost to put the guts of something similar to a PS4 in it while keeping the portability and battery life in tact

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Astro7x posted:

My only disappointment in this console so far is that it doesn't support bluetooth headphones. That seemed like a no brainer to me.

Oh well... I just have no good wired headphones these days

Is this something they can patch in? It's a crazy omission.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Christ I am Setsuna looks cool but $40 lmao

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
What is ideal Zelda playing on a train? Kickstand/pro controller probably but then you have to pack the controller and you look like a weirdo

Tablet mode with joy cons connected is the most hassle free and you don't have to have a flat space to put the unit and you don't have to pack anything else but then it's basically a vita which isn't necessarily bad just not new

Kickstand/joycon freestyle with no adapter in the middle is a good middle ground because you don't have to pack anything else but I don't know how good freestyle is in Zelda

Last would be kickstand/joycons with middle adapter but in that case why not pack the pro controller

Asking for a friend.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I took the Switch with me today on my four-hour train ride and this is the real deal gentlemen. Played 3 hours of Zelda and an hour or so of Shovel Knight. Threw it into kickstand mode and used the joycons freestyle and it worked perfectly for both games.

Maybe I'm a niche audience because I travel a lot but, if Nintendo can adequately support this thing with software, remakes, Virtual Console, etc., it's going to be around for awhile.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
When can I buy Isaac digitally

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I want the stickers and instruction manual but also the convenience of having boi always available in the memory card

I'm torn goons

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Any word on when extra docks go on sale? Is there a workaround in the interim? Would like to play in multiple rooms.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
BoI owns bigly. It has unlimited replay value. Stick with it.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Exactly. Zombi U and Super Mario Maker are the only AAA games that fully used both screens, and Zombi U has a PS4 port where the whole game pad function is just mapped to holding L1 then using the analog sticks.

In Mario Kart 8 the second screen was a horn for Christ's sake. In Mario U, Luigi U, and New 3D World it was just a map.

Mario Maker is literally the only Wii U title that wouldn't translate to the Switch because it's entirely touch pad based.

But the Switch has a touchscreen so...?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Any new poo poo out this week?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Did anyone buy that Alex Kidd game and is it good tia

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Being able to play a current gen MARIO kart while traveling with zero compromises is miraculous

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
When is this overpriced sf2 going up on the eshop so I can waste money on it

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
usf2 is overpriced and the controls aren't great in handheld mode (you're basically stuck playing shotos and 360 characters like zangief) but like everything else, it owns being able to get in some online games while i'm watching some loving horrible home and garden tv poo poo with my fiancee and being able to play arcade mode on the train

everything is better on switch basically. they should make a fighter edition left joycon with a good d-pad

those are my feelings on usf2 thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Since the switch is region free, would the imported japanese hayabusa stick work on a us console?

• Locked thread