Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Played Zelda while the console update downloaded in the background, then when I got access to the eshop I played co-op Snipperclips (which rules but might be a little light on content for my tastes.)

I died to the first blue Moblin I ran into in Zelda lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

I first died on the big tower when I learned that gravity was a harsh mistress and also that i didn't magically already have the paraglider

I also fell off the tower but was low enough to barely survive.

Now that the weekend is here I can hopefully play Zelda some more.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Somebody needed to use the tv switched to handheld mode. Zelda looks and plays even better in handheld mode and I think the settings on my tv are off because the colors are so much nicer.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I haven't noticed any problems with my Samsung tv. The Switch was connected to it all day on Saturday in sleep mode while the tv was being used for other things, and it never stole the focus.

Ditto.

Also undocked mode rules.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Money-having adults are going to be so impressed when they see other adults playing Snibberplips on their plastic phone thing they'll just have to have one.

Snibberplips wow lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have a lot of fun with Snipperclips but on weekdays when there is less free time available Zelda is higher priority.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

robot roll call posted:

They need themes like the 3DS has. I'd buy the Dreamcast theme for the Switch!

Pretty sure there are going to be themes, it's pretty easy money and there is already a menu.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

4chan does have a better track record than most lately with leaks of this nature and it all looks sketch as gently caress but drat I'd love me some Super Mario Maker Switch

Well some of the last few Nintendo directs seemed to leak on 4chan but it's all anonymous so who knows.

Mentioning slopes for Mario Maker sounds fake.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Every one of the Lego X games I've played across like seven systems has regular crashing issues. It gets tiring and never gets fixed and I bet the Switch version will be the same.

At least the crashes don't hard lock the system on the new consoles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Apparently they are adding coop but I'm expecting a bare bones full price port. Too bad because it's my favourite game in the series.

Even that Lego Worlds game apparently reuses the same save/load/options ui all the way from the first Lego Star Wars PS2 game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nintendo shouldn't allow it but it doesn't seem like a situation where they have any leverage.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spent the morning of my friday off so far playing Shovel Knight in handheld mode.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I will get the Wonderboy remake game, but I have strong nostalgia for the original.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

If you have it already in a config that suits you? No.

If you're planning on having portable Jackbox? Sure.

Unless the port works differently you will need to keep the Switch connected to the internet for Jackbox so it's not as portable as it seems.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wonderboy remake looks really nice, the music is good but I can't let go of the original tunes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Chug one entire can of beer? You'd have to be superhuman!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Monster Hunter is already starting to fall. Double Cross had the lowest sales debut for any main MH game since the switch from PSP to 3DS and a ton of the Amazon Japan reviews amount to "This game is really hard, thanks for all the memories but I think I'm done with Monster Hunter."

Keep in mind the last Monster Hunter game is a full price expansion to a game that already felt a bit half assed.

Monster Hunter 5 will probably sell well if Capcom doesn't gently caress it up.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

for me and my friends it was what didn't change. it was way too similar to 4u too soon after and we all got bored.

I'm pretty sure it was original made as a smaller sidegame compared to the main series but sold better than expected so Capcom thought they could cash in like they do with the real thing.

Monster Hunter is great and makes a lot of money but Capcom are determined to squeeze every dollar out of it they can (do they still charge to play online in japan?)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'd complain about Capcom releasing what are essentially expansions as full releases but I have a feeling if they went with dlc they would find a way to be even scummier.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I really hope they release some more Mario Kart dlc tracks, hopefully at a similar price point too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I think I'll use my weekend game time to play Has Been Heroes and wish that Binding of Isaac was out over here.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't think I used a manual save at all in Zelda, what are you doing?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Skyrim is a better game than Fallout 4 at least.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to race in one of the towns from Earthbound.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I played a bunch of Mario Kart online over the weekend, I can't seem to get higher than third place but my ego is ok because I can just complain about blue shells and poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If the second dlc for Zelda is good I will buy the season pass and become Tingle.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wonderboy is good to me but I don't like the new bonus dungeon.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I didn't notice at first but apparently when I play Mario Kart in handheld mode I use the buttons to steer instead of the stick.

Also I thought I couldn't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, but when I switched from single player to four player I really felt the difference.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

People constantly overlook the fact that it isn't just a visual thing, 60fps reduces the input delay. The controls are significantly more responsive. It's a gameplay difference just as much as it is a visual difference.

I could see the difference too, switching to four player mode me think the game was running at 20fps for a while.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't think a drastically smaller Switch is happening anytime remotely soon, if at all.

However, one route they might take for a hardware revision is to put out a cheaper, handheld-focused edition. It'd have non-detachable controls (might allow them to make it a little smaller), and no dock in the box (shaves a good chunk off the pricetag). The only parts included would be the system and charger. Allows them to offer a lower cost up-front, while still leaving the option to upgrade to full functionality by buying a dock and controllers separately.

How do you charge your extra joycons if the ones on the system aren't removable?

If Nintendo somehow can make the innards smaller they should keep any revision the same size and have a bigger battery inside. Making a smaller, handheld only Switch would mean less room for the battery which is bad for a handheld.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is it even possible to have a better battery in the Switch? Battery technology isn't exactly progressing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I've been playing Maio Kart in the mornings. I tried out the new dungeons in Wonderboy as well but they aren't so hot and rely a lot on accurate jumping in a game with kind of loose physics.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spectre of Torment is pretty drat good.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

I would actually prefer the digitized graphics to this.

Well digitized graphics rules so no surprise there.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spacebump posted:

EA owns it atm. They had 2 NBA Jam games last gen. On Fire Edition owned. They should make another.

Can't wait for the online only NBA Jam game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I had the Tales of Symphonia port for ps3 and the fact that it ran worse than the original version is real lovely.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I purchased Blaster Master at launch and only just got around to it. Pretty great so far.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Out of curiosity, what open world games have Capcom even made?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Will Monster Hunter Switch still sport amazing low quality PS2 graphics or will they be updated to something that doesn't look like vomit.

I liked 3 and got decently far in 4 but man they look dated as all hell.

I'm sure Capcom will try to reinvent Monster Hunter at some point and end up ruining another of their moneymakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

That's exactly why they've been basically the same game since the PS2. XX selling half the usual numbers means they might risk a shakeup though.

Which western developer will Monster Hunter HD be farmed out to?

• Locked thread