Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Utnayan posted:

Yeah I am on the opposite side of the fence. I'll never be able to go back to a linear Zelda ever again. More games should adopt what Breath of the Wild did, or at least use a couple systems pertaining to weather, cooking, etc. It was a pretty epic game. Going to be a tough GOTY decision between BOTW and Horizon Zero Dawn. The only thing that infuriated me was climbing when it was raining. They should have had a gear check for that so you could get some gear that allows you to climb during rain without slipping. And rain putting out fire so you can't cook. It would have been nice to have an umbrella or something to place over your cooking pot :)

Yeah, there needs to be something to alleviate rain other than waiting when you can't find a protected camp site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Splatoon started out pretty light with only a few maps a decent weapon variety and a single player mode to teach you the basics but they kept on adding more and more stuff and the splatfests gave everyone a reason to come back. Some people picked a cause they thought was just, a few were just in it for the shells and the others picked a side based on which one their squid waifu endorsed. I think most people came back for the final waifu war, how could you not?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Coolspaz posted:

I have a feeling I'm the only one who is excited for Splatoon 2

I'm excited but I don't believe they'll ever fix the inkbrush and make it viable for high level play.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I didn't know anything about the game in question so I googled for the deets and lol

https://twitter.com/Sebban_E/status/731131432140210176

Also they removed the boob slider from xenoblade chronicles X.

Edit: ^That guy knows what it's all about!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

irlZaphod posted:

Nobody was pressuring anyone to remove or change anything from games. What happened was that they changed a few costumes in TMS #FE for Western release and some weirdos started flipping their poo poo over it. The same thing happened with FE: Fates and the removal of the face touching game. (Why is it always Fire Emblem-related games?)

That was the one where you could stroke your sister a bunch right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_wyaHeJ-e8&t=24s

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought Nomura was just doing a couple of the bad guy factions designs.

One thing I liked about Chronicles X is you could choose the armor you wanted for effect separately from what you were wearing aesthetically, so I didn't have to have characters wearing ridiculous poo poo. It was all khakis or jeans and a shirt with a sensible leather jacket.

Yeah, if your armor changes your appearance, having a cosmetic option is really, really nice.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Electric Phantasm posted:

It doesn't help that Marina's design is so good.

Also I'm sad they didn't chose names that were puns, like Callie and Marie.

Marina is another word for harbor.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Inzombiac posted:

I don't like the gated times for Salmon Run. That's the most appealing mode to me.

A bit weird, but you can set up salmon run games with your friends, not sure if it still drops loot though.

Anidav posted:

They probably timed Salmon Run so a bunch of Day 1ers dont immediately get a whole bunch of dope gear and crush people who may buy the game a month or two later or weekend warriors.

I see nothing wrong with it given how much of a problem crushing noobs is in other shooters like Overwatch or Paladins or even MOBA games where people would just create a whole set of new accounts for the sole purpose of crushing people without challenge.

I wouldn't want people deranking themselves on purpose and smurfing on Splatoon 2 with a bunch of pimped out Salmon gear. Would stop people from enjoying the game quite quickly.

I hate smurfing so goddamned much.

Salmon Run is probably the only way to get the inkbrush, the most feared weapon in the game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Guy Goodbody posted:

like they couldn't sell just as many Amiibos of Callie and Marie in different outfits

Not everyone agrees. https://babylonian.tumblr.com/post/162674681503/callie-and-marie-who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fun Times! posted:

How are people drawing stuff in the mii plaza Splatoon lobby?

There's a little redbox you draw at, but if you want to post it in splatoon you have to also post it on either twitter or facebook. You could make a fake account if you're not comfortable with that.

Louisgod posted:

People's obsession with these Splatoon girl characters is weird, to the point where it's just sad.

• Locked thread