Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah the year 2029 is mentioned I think a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Also I guess this is a spoiler The Government was successful in hunting down mutants and killing them/torturing them whatever with Caliban helping them hunt them down. It's only been a year I think since Charles went crazy and killed the X Men team. Also, the ending of this was rather interesting because Logan doesn't use his claws to kill any of the main villians he just shoots him with a gun which is so out of character then he gets killed by Young Logan and has to be rescued.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I haven't seen an X-Men movie since First Class. Will that matter at all?

No the film basically just ignore the other films.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I thought what was interesting was Old Logan doesn't actually beat Young Logan at all. He get's his rear end kicked up and down then is saved by other characters in both instances

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

What do people think of Logan's last words " So this is what this feels like? " It kind of has a double meaning Death and Love. He's never experienced dying before and he's never experienced that kind of love or kindness . I thought it was brutally sad. Almost to much so

Ugh this film is so bittersweet and good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hopefully this makes film studios realize that they don't have to have a huge interconnected franchise to have a great film plus the R rating doesn't hurt Super Hero films.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really hope that we get a X-Force movie. Not the normal X Force, but the Cyclops approved kill squad of assassins that pre emptively takes out threats to mutants. That'd be a good way to introduce a new Wolvernine.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

This was kind of the plot for Spider Man and the X Men.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There was also.a recent comic that was called I think Worst X Man where their super power was just to explode that was it once they used it they were dead. It wasn't even a massive explosion either no they'd just die.

Also The Great Lakes Avengers were basically all mutants with worthless powers.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hahaha I just realized because I was watching Terminator 2 that Logan is set in 2029 which is the same year that the Terminator get's sent back from. That can't be just a weird coincidence.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I really hope this is super successful and that people pay attention to how different this is from other super hero stories. Like I want a goddamn Gotham by Gaslight movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah the X Men movies have not aged well at all.

• Locked thread