Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Robot Style posted:

They also mention no mutants have been born in 25 years, which means it was probably close to reaching worldwide levels during X-Men 2.

Doesn't Logan take place in 2059 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Fistboy posted:

I saw the Deadpool teaser prior to the Logan IMAX. It's not showing in the regular 2D? Regardless if so it isn't that great.

It is, just not in the uk I don't think.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
You take away the comic book trappings the senile father and son dynamic and how it's acted would be Oscar bait. There's always the Hair & Makeup category!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

I really hope this is super successful and that people pay attention to how different this is from other super hero stories. Like I want a goddamn Gotham by Gaslight movie.

It made more in the opening weekend than they thought it would (and was at the top of said box office) so a success it is, commercially at least!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Hey, guess what? Y'all were right and DC isn't about to let this opportunity fly by.

http://www.thewrap.com/dc-films-r-rated-superhero-movie/

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just imagine Zach Snyder directing an Identity Crisis movie. If you thought Catwoman or Suicide Squad was the absolute nadir of comic book movies :laugh:

You shouldn't besmirch an Oscar winner.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 8, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

MacheteZombie posted:

Really? IMDB says R and google has both an R and pg13 to make it extra confusing. Was there a DC for Spawn that I don't remember?

If I remember right, there was an R version and a pg-13 version. In video cassettes at least. It may have only shown in theatres as the pg-13 version.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Death By The Blues posted:

This film wassssss way more political then I thought.

From the faded liberty motel sign (overt shots that linger on it)

To references to the wall (drunken people yelling USA)

Villain named Donald who had a skull and cross bone tattoo with what looked to be Trumps toupee.

Even at the end where said Donald is beaten and defeated by a bunch of minority children. White mutant male kids were absent. There is one that was all reptilian, but he completely disappeared at the end.

Also, most if not all the reavers were white who had no genetically superior gifts (i.e mutant powers), so they had to artificial create them through capitalism run amok (white male privilege).

It is even the minorities who die at the hand of white male rage (Mexicans and the Black farming family)

Even Professor X can be seen as a white moderate whose passivity and paralysis causes the "mutants" to die and be rounded up.

Surprisingly woke.

Written two years ago too, so life became more accurate than art thought.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Buzkashi posted:

I went back and watched it again after Logan and it is loving jarring how incredibly clean and bloodless that whole sequence is in spite of what's happening throughout it

Logan getting away with what he does with a somewhat family friendly veneer is sooooo Wolverine in some ways, it's funny. Early Wolverine I mean, because after the 70's I don't think they gave a poo poo, but still.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Laura's character stopped being interesting the moment she started speaking.

Whaaaat? Hugh Jackman screaming 'Shut the gently caress Up" to a little girl is one of the best parts of the movie.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
My theatre was laughing their rear end off at flash Spanish Laura, so I think the context in this case was more important than the actual words, and poster talking about reading the subtitles distracting from looking at the scene itself has an excellent point as well.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Also I think it was because at this point Charles thought Logan did something horrible, before remembering correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Wait, was Logan buried in Canada? I thought it was just at the very border.

• Locked thread