Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Keeping the first X-movie and then the other Wolverine movies in continuity was nice. The comic thing felt a little forced, but they had to clarify this was the 'real' world.

Excellent throughout though, even with the possible 'GMOs are evil' subtext. The kids totally are proof against that.

I really appreciated the nods to Shane and more subtley to Lone Wolf And Cub.

Every actor actually did a standup job, and it helps that this is a final (future) story. So that when they feel like rebooting in a few years, there's already been a complete set of movies.

e: Did everyone get that -----Deadpool----- teaser bump before the movie? It was okay, but shows they're paying attention to viewers and their feedback.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

If they made a comic with his likeness but he still works as a Taxi Driver?

Muties don't have rights, duh.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Xealot posted:

"Ugh why is Wolverine so lovely and old? This movie's dumb, they should reboot him. We need a new, sexy, younger Wolverine."

Rastafarianize him about 10%.

I think the last 5 minutes of the film really clinches it as everything gets resolved. Goddamn.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Whoa look at this, a movie debate with cogent arguments. I gotta go back and read some dickeye hot takes to make sure I'm in the right place.

• Locked thread