Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Instead of copy-pasting posts from the other two threads I'll add something new, about the scene with Laura and the truck: when she's looking back and forth from Logan beating up their truck to the guy playing fetch with his dog I like that it works on the level of her seeing an opportunity to get them back into a functioning vehicle but also on the level of her making a choice between lifestyles. However much of a shut-in she might be and whether that means she doesn't get the symbols and context of the guy playing fetch with the dog, the audience sees Dog Dude as a universal symbol of easy-going idyllic life and that's contrasted with the impotently raging old gently caress-up killer with the broken down truck on a dusty highway and what will surely be a life of hardship and death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Professor X's whole story was right at the limit of what I was prepared to deal with in a popcorn blockbuster, though partly because the sort of mundane life experiences they were pulling from were things I had to go through with a parent not that long ago. Really hit me. And Patrick Stewart was really impressive, even for him.

This didn't affect me much but maybe because the issue with the elder person was health. Whereas in Spider-Man 2 the issue with Aunt May is money. Particularly the early scene after Peter's birthday party when he tries to refuse her paltry handful of cash as a gift and she tearfully insists. I remember being like "whoa Spider-Man, I already relate to you as a character, you don't have to make poo poo so real for me."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pretty sure it's 2029. And his limo is a 2024 model.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mr. Nemo posted:

What I got from the movie is that only America is a shithole. You go one step into Canada and its an idyllic place where mutants are an everyday fact and no one is bothered by them. They probably have wild tigers roaming the streets too. Great depiction post-Trump's America.

Probably supposed to evoke the Underground Railroad, when slaves would use secret networks of homes and allies to escape to the North or to Canada.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yeah Caliban even says Logan can barely read. Loved seeing Logan with glasses!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I thought they had Squirrel Girl, whose de facto power is "she beats even the most hardcore mightiest villains".

She left because she was too good for them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Considering the cues X-24 takes from Terminator, does seem like a reference.

And Terminator takes cues from Westworld so Logan is just westerns all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gatts posted:

I find it funny but very appropriate continuity in the X Men movie verse is fucker up because it matches the poo poo in the comics and I don't know if it was unintentional or what because it's like serindipity

Extend an IP for years and years and years
Mix in time travel stories
Shake up the creators responsible for telling the stories almost every step of the way

Yup, you're gonna have a hosed up timeline.

• Locked thread