Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
PYF TopDog
This poll is closed.
Elmo 19 5.03%
Awesome Dog 16 4.23%
Loukanikos 27 7.14%
Mimi 10 2.65%
Rosie 12 3.17%
Pickles 17 4.50%
McGruff 7 1.85%
Lady 14 3.70%
that dog making a face 27 7.14%
Senor Dog 10 2.65%
Reba 18 4.76%
Vinnie 17 4.50%
Olive and Gracie 21 5.56%
Dog with mailman shoes 28 7.41%
BurgerPug 13 3.44%
Chester 17 4.50%
Charlie 16 4.23%
Laika 16 4.23%
Big Boofer with Babby 17 4.50%
Gatoborous 22 5.82%
Unnamed burrito pup 12 3.17%
Bepis 22 5.82%
Total: 110 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting

The nominees for the PYF champion are listed at the bottom of this post. Choose wisely, as our subforum is nominating a dog to compete against all the other top dogs across the forums!

Voting will be open until at least Wednesday, March 8.

Questions and Answers
  • How should I choose who to vote for?
    It's up to you! Maybe it's a dog that makes you :3: Maybe it's a dog that makes you :laugh: Maybe it's a dog that represents the id of our subforum. Vote however you like!

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! If you dislike any dogs you will probably be banned. Just kidding! But please try your hardest to like every dog you see.

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

PYF Nominees

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My catte Elmo is the best dog.

Caedus posted:

Awesome Dog

Ten years ago I went to save this image, intending to name it awesomedog.jpg; it was already named awesomedog.jpg and I was blessed.

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Loukanikos was the best dog, because gently caress the police.

500 good dogs posted:

His name is Bepis and I love him so much I made him into my avatar!

McSpergin posted:

This is my doggo Mimi. She is a rescue from the RSPCA and is the happiest doggo in the world and gets super excited when I get home from work and likes eating grass.

Phon posted:

Rosie

Rosie is the best dog because she is happy all the time and loves everybody and also is really good at swimming.

Dubious posted:

here's my dog Pickles sleeping

Knormal posted:

McGruff likes to bite criminals. That's his thing.

Click for unnecessarily big McGruff.

Tiggum posted:

This is my brother and our family dog, Lady, many years ago.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I don't know the dog's name, but it's this one.

aniviron posted:

I nominate goon Senor Dog.

You can tell he's a good dog because I mean just look at this post it's so happy:

Here's my favourite picture of him/her:

yo rear end is grass posted:

NAME: Reba

WHY SHE IS A GOOD DOG: One time someone left the backyard gate open, but rather than running away, she went around the house and waited patiently at the front door.

PICTURE:

The Zombie Guy posted:

Name:

Vinnie

Why he is an awesome doge:

- Former stray from California. Survived the mean streets.
- Always Bleppin'
- Super affectionate, loves to snuggle
- Certified Smol Pupper

Photo:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Names: Olive and Gracie

Why they are good dogs: Olive and Gracie are good dogs because they are tiny dog-cows, and always sleep cuddled together. I think they're an exception to the one-dog rule because they're extremely close sisters from the same litter and do everything together, so they are basically judged as one unit.

Mameluke posted:

This is my favourite dog.

edit: here is my other favourite dog

DrBouvenstein posted:

Name: Chester.

He's a good dog because look at how loving stupid he looks...I mean, holy poo poo, this thing used to be a wolf.

Saffronica posted:

Charlie

Charlie looks like he's about to be interviewed by the Barking Times for his nomination for 'Good Dog of the Year' award.

Hyperlynx posted:

Laika.

She was the first animal to orbit the Earth, paving the way for the rest of us.

Megabound posted:

This is my dog Gatoborous.

He's a good boy because he's non Euclidean.

blunt for century has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Mar 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I'm on mobile, is there a poll or are we supposed to reply with our pick?

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

500 good dogs posted:

I'm on mobile, is there a poll or are we supposed to reply with our pick?

There is a poll.

I only realized after voting, but you can probably vote for multiple or all dogs if you want. I just assumed it was single.choice, but some subforums do checkbox & some do single choice. Checkbox is the proper call imo.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Bepis didn't make the cut apparently :(

Poor Bepis you are a shameful dog now.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

how did Bepis not make the cut when i followed the rules but other non-rule-following CATTES made the cut

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

500 good dogs posted:

how did Bepis not make the cut when i followed the rules but other non-rule-following CATTES made the cut

I don't know, and will rectify this mistake!

e. now it is fixed!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lol that GiP hosed up badly enough that Monty didn't make it onto the list.

A lol of sadness.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

All these dogs (and cat dogs) seem like good dogs, but I don't know if a single sentence truly describes them.
I think that during the voting period, the nominees should get a more in-depth description of their good dogginess.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Some more proof that Vinnie is a Bleppin' machine:

Blep in his sleep:

Blep when half asleep:

Bleppin' wide awake:

He also gets a sweet mohawk when he's pissed:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

blunt for century posted:

I don't know, and will rectify this mistake!

e. now it is fixed!

Thanks friend! This Pepsi's for you!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yo rear end is grass posted:

All these dogs (and cat dogs) seem like good dogs, but I don't know if a single sentence truly describes them.
I think that during the voting period, the nominees should get a more in-depth description of their good dogginess.

Lady was rescued from abusive owners by the RSPCA (the RSPCA people named her). She was really nervous and jumpy when we first got her, and in her entire life she probably barked fewer than a dozen times. She loved being around people and other dogs, but didn't like playing much. Sometimes if she was really in the right mood, she'd fetch a ball once. Then she'd get bored and go lie down. When there were other dogs around she'd play with them a bit but they always wanted to play for far longer than she did and she'd get a bit annoyed with them.

She was really obedient - you could put food in front of her and tell her not to eat it and she'd just sit there waiting for permission - but she was also sneaky sometimes. One time she followed me to school, making sure to stay out of sight so I wouldn't know she was there, and I only realised once I got to school and someone else saw her. Then I had to go to the office and get permission to walk her back home, while she had the time of her life getting all the attention from the other kids.

Toward the end of her life she had pretty bad arthritis and spent most of her time lying in the sun or sitting in front of the heater (right up against it with warm air just getting blown straight into her face) and if it was even slightly cool she'd look at you and to the heater, asking you to turn it on.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Bepis likes drinking Pepsi and knows how to use a straw (his defining feature that separates him from the other dogs!) He likes long walks on the beach and sometimes he likes eating Lobsters (like chewing on live Lobsters at the beach we can't afford real food Lobsters). Why did my phone capitalize Lobsters? Who knows!

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Rosie is a little poo poo. She's not allowed to eat inside so she eats with her head outside and her body inside like a shithead.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Olive and Gracie are from the same litter but Gracie is much more Jack Russell so she's squat and dense, and Olive is much more lab so she's gangly and awkward. We call them the tiny pig and the tiny horse. Gracie jumps all over everything (and is much denser/heavier than her small size would suggest) while Olive watches, looking extremely worried at all times.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i voted for the huge dog

the actual dog, not the furry

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
They're all good dogs, Blunt.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

beato posted:

They're all good dogs, Blant.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Mameluke posted:

This is my favourite dog.

You won! Which charity would you like to compete on behalf of? They need to be able to accept online donations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, thank you shoes dog! Could I submit the MS Society of Canada? https://mssociety.ca/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I think Microsoft has enough money already

• Locked thread