Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Tuft and Needle all the way. I think my new mattress was under $400. Had it for a year, still feels great.,

Compare that to the mattress brick and mortar where they have "sales" every weekend and loving financing plans for a drat bed?

I read somewhere that mattress salespeople are ex-real estate salespeople who couldn't hack it in the used car market and that seems accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Do these fancy mattresses like Casper and Purple also need to have their custom frames purchased? I've got a standard metal frame/box spring and I don't know if those are compatible with the mostly-foam mattresses.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I'm sending my Leesa back. Back to pillow tops.

It seems the world has gone toward foam mattresses so most of the thread is recommendations for those. Leesa, Casper, Purple, etc. Are there any pillow top recommendations? I'm kinda prepared to spend twice as much on a mattress that will last half as long, but I'd prefer not to go into the purchase blind.

From what I understand pillowtops tend to get the stinkeye because the top can bunch up/fall apart in months.

If you want to look at a mattress brand that's not the usual Leesa/Casper/Ghostbed/Tuft & Needle/Purple medley, my dad and his co-workers apparently swear by Bob O' Pedic mattresses, and they're all cranky blue-collar utilities workers with arthritis and lumbago and questionable opinions on kids these days.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Always did think that the articles over the Leesa were a little too gushing.