Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Hot: -1 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: 2 | Dark: 1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

My original "plan" was to knock Grace out, and drag her by the hair over to Mother, but no, She wants Grace to come to Her willingly. No threats, or violence this time, which greatly limits my options. I don't know why Mother is so interested in Grace, or why She was so insistent that I should convince Grace that she needs Mother, but I've learned never to question Her wishes. Mother has done so much for me, and I intend to follow through with the task She has given me to the best of my abilities.

Secrets. I need to find her secrets. Grace may act like she's all smiles and sunshine, but deep inside, she's probably as dark and as twisted as the rest of us. I need to find that darkness inside of her, and pull it out. I need to show her how weak, and pathetic she truly is, and convince her that the only way she can truly save herself is by embracing Mother's light. To do that, I'll need to get closer to her, which is a bit of a problem for me, seeing as how I loving hate being around people like her. Always smiling, always acting "nice," always acting like she's a "good person," when she's loving not. She's a liar, and a fake, just like the rest of them. It'll take every fiber of my being to stop myself from loving throttling her throat when she starts speaking.

And Grace has to be constantly glued to my "favorite" loving person in school, Erica. Oh, but I should be soooooooooo grateful for Erica, shouldn't I? She does so much to help me, the "poor, little, angry, depressed girl, and the only thing she asks in return is for me to be "her friend." gently caress YOU! I don't NEED your loving pity, and I'd rather CHOKE on my OWN SPIT than be your loving "friend."

God, this would be so much easier if I could just punch Grace's loving lights out.

Oh, great, and now Blades keeps looking at me, like he wants something. I give him my nastiest side-eye glare, "I'm going to break your nose if you don't stop looking at me like that. What the gently caress do you want?"

quote:

Name: Angie Foster
Skin: The Infernal
Look: vicious, piercing eyes
Origin: chosen

Stats
Hot: -1
Cold: -1
Volatile: +2
Dark: +1

Moves

Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Mother

Unknowable
When you lash out physically against someone, on a 10 up, they lose 1 String on you. • On a 7-9, add to your list of options: they lose 1 String on you.

Bargains

The Power Flows Through You
You can give the dark power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll (choose before rolling).

Uncanny Voices
You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Backstory

You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the dark power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

"Hang out? With you? Yea, that sounds as fun as getting my face bitten off by rabid dogs. gently caress off."

I'd rather hang out with loving Erica than Blades. He's a straight up creep, always thinking he can get whatever he wants by throwing money at it. If he thinks he can buy me, he's dead loving wrong.

Speaking of Erica, it looks like the queen bee left her hive. Now's my chance to talk with Grace without her loving highness butting in. I make my way to Grace's desk, and stand in front of her. "...Hey," I don't make eye contact with her. I've always had trouble looking at people directly in the eyes, "I'm..." Okay, I can do this. I just need to be loving polite, and not throw any loving insults at her, or loving swearing at her face, "I'm... having some trouble with my... Geometry homework," I mumble, "And I was wondering if you could help me out," my mouth twitches as I struggle to say the next word, "...P-p-please?"

Ugh, I think I'm going to be loving sick. I hate begging other people for help, but I need to remember I'm doing this for Her. I use the power of the Whispers that She has given me to help. The Whispers should be subtly guiding her into agreeing to help me, or at least, I hope they do.

quote:

<HugzillaAway> Angie manipulate Grace (+2 from Dark Power)
<HugzillaAway> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> HugzillaAway, 4+1 = 5

Welp, marking XP. Also giving a string to my Dark Power for the roll

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Loner

Blades you MOTHERFUCKER! I was close! I was so close, and then YOU had to butt in, and RUIN the whole the thing! Maybe if I slam your loving head on the loving table, you'll finally loving understand that I don't want anything to loving do with you, you... loving loving gently caress!

I ball my hands into fists, ready to break his nose, like I said I would earlier, but before I could do anything, Erica walks in. Great, great, this is just loving great. And that smile of hers is pissing me off even more. Always acting like she owns this school. Who the gently caress does she think she is?

...Wait, what if I use this to my advantage?

I need to talk to Grace, but talking to her without Ms. Queen Bitch around is next to impossible, so what if I... what if I get close... to Erica?

Oh gently caress me, just the thought of it makes me sick, but if I want to be close with Grace, then I'll have to be, ugggghhhhhhhhhhh, "friends" with Erica.

I hate this. I hate this so much, but this might be my only option.

"Oh, I wanted... to talk to you, actually," I bite down on my lower lip, "I was wondering... if... I could have lunch with you today? I know you have... lots... of important things to do," like being the biggest egotistical bitch on the planet, "But I... just wanted... some company," I tilt my head up to look at her (I have to do that a lot since everybody is loving taller than I am), and play up the whole 'helplessness' angle, making myself look more like a lost puppy, than a wild animal, and use my borrowed powers to give me that extra push. "But you... probably won't want anything to do with me," like how I actually don't want anything to loving do with you, "So I'll understand if... you don't want me around."

I'm going to puke. I can't believe I've resorted to doing this. Someone just loving shoot me in the head right now and put me out of my misery. I hate doing this, but I need to remember; I'm doing this for Mother, and I'll do anything it takes to get Her what She wants.

quote:

8:44 AM <HugzillaPhone> Turn on Erica (w/ Dark Power!)
8:44 AM <HugzillaPhone> !r 2d6+1
8:44 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 7+1 = 8

Self/Promise/String!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Loner

"Uh..." S-seriously!? W-who t-the hell does s-she think s-she is, , acting like she's queen of the universe!? 'The very best the school has to offer' my rear end! Just because she HAPPENS to be SLIGHTLY really attractive, and has a cute smile, and really nice hair, and amazing eyes, and... and... and... gently caress! I lost my train of thought!

poo poo, am I staring? Crap, I AM staring...

"...Y-yea," I force myself to look away from her "T-thanks."

I make it back to my seat as quickly as possible. Okay, this is good. Grace wants me to be there, which'll make talking to her so much easier. As for Blades, I'll just deal with him like I deal with all my problems; by punching it until it stops being a problem.

...Why the gently caress is my heart beating so fast!? And why do my cheeks feel so hot!? And why can't I stop glancing at Erica!? gently caress! I HATE this!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Loner, drained

Oh gently caress off! Do you think I would ever willingly hang out with Erica and her little gang of sycophants? Of course I loving don't! But I want to hang out with Blades even less.

There has to be a way to get him off my back for good, or else he'll continue to be a loving problem. I can beat the ever-loving poo poo out of him, but as satisfying as that sounds, I need to think of another way to get him to leave me the hell alone. Maybe if I tap into the Whispers, they will give me a solution? It's worth a try, and if this doesn't work, then I can always break his loving groin.

I close my eyes, and concentrate on their voice; Tell me; how can I get this pigfucker to leave me alone for good?

quote:

<Hugzilla> Angie's joining the Gaze club!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+1 = 8

Choosing " the visions are lucid and detailed but they leave you with the Condition drained."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Urgh..." I put my hand to my head and bend over on my desk. Communicating with... Them is never easy, and it always leaves me feeling light-headed.

Roxy... senses Mother? poo poo, all this time I thought she was nothing but a stupid meathead, but if she can sense Her, then that means there's more to her than I thought. Wait, isn't Roxy joining us for lunch? Oh gently caress she is, and she's looking at Grace. poo poo, poo poo, poo poo. I need to think of... something to do, but what? I can't fight her. She's way taller than I am, and practically made of nothing but muscle, she'd knock me out before I could even throw a punch. Maybe a distraction? If I can make sure she doesn't show up for the lunch meeting, then I'll be able to talk to Grace without her interfering, but how? Hm...

...Ah, I think I might have an idea.

"You want me to hang out with you and your gang?" I say to Blades, "Okay," I turn to look at him, and hold up a finger, "But on one condition," I lean in closer to him, and whisper into his ear, "I need you to make sure Ms. Musclehead over there doesn't get to join Erica's little lunch circle. Don't ask me why. I just need her to not be there. Do that for me, and I'll consider hanging out with you."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Angie manipulate Blades
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9-1 = 8

Manipulating Blades into distracting Roxy during lunch time.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"She has something I want. That's all I'll say," I reply back to Blades.

Good. That should keep them both preoccupied for a while. If I'm lucky, maybe they'll end up killing each other.

Probably not, but a girl can hope.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"And that is none of your goddamn business. Look, just do this favor for me, and I'll owe you one."

Owing Blades a favor is, generally, a really bad loving idea, but I'm desperate. I can't let Roxy ruin my plans. I have to succeed, and I'll do whatever it loving takes.

Now all I need is for the dumbass rich boy to agree to help me, and for him to stop asking so many goddamn questions. I'm running really low on loving patience here.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Well, here I am. At the same lunch table with Grace, and Roxy isn't around to get in my way. Alright, now I just gotta... talk to her. Yep. Just gotta say.... something.

...poo poo I don't know what to say. Do I ask her about the weather? gently caress, no, that's stupid. Uh, maybe I should talk about fashion crap? Wait, no, I don't know poo poo about fashion. AGH. How the hell do people start conversations!?

Oh, wait, Grace is starting the conversation. Okay, I guess I don't have to worry about starting it myself. "I'm, uh, doing.... fine?"

"Hey, uh, thanks for, you know, letting me join you... and stuff," I put my hand on top of hers, "It, um, means a lot to me." I tilt my head up to look at her, and try really hard to smile. The smile may have come out a little forced.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Angie turn on Grace
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7-1 = 6

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Grace is... glad that I'm around? The way she's holding my hand, and the way she's smiling at me, reminds me of... Julia.

...No, she's not Julia. Julia is... she's gone. Grace isn't Julia. Nobody can ever be like her. Grace is nothing. She's just another worthless liar, like the rest of them.

...So why am I suddenly having second thoughts about all this?

"Huh?" I'm broken out of my thoughts when Erica starts speaking to me. "Uh, nothing?" I answer her honestly with a shrug, "I just wanted to hang out. What the hell crawled up your rear end today?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I don't remember apologizing for anything, but whatever. "Life's been poo poo," I say to Erica, "My mom took what little money I had so she could buy smokes for her boyfriend, and we barely have enough money for food. I also got locked out of my house last night, so I had to sleep outside in the freezing cold. Oh, and some kid in my neighborhood thought it'd be really funny to sic his dog on me. He didn't think it was funny when I caved his loving face in."

I look around the table, and notice everybody staring at me, "...What? She asked me how my life's been, and I answered her. The hell are you all staring at me for?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...poo poo! There's such a thing as being too honest, Angie! Okay, okay, calm down. You can still salvage this... somehow.

"Uh!" My eyes dart around the table nervously, "S-s-s-sorry! I-I-I-I..." I tilt my head down, and bite my lower lip, "I'm... not used to socializing with other people," I quietly say, as my face goes red from embarrassment.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"N-no!" I yell out, while springing up from my chair, my hands gripping tightly on the edge of the table, "I... I.... I don't.... I don't.... need help! I-I-I-I...!" I want to scream at Erica's face. I am not some loving charity case that needs 'help,' and I don't need her loving fake pity! It's at this point I notice my whole body is visibly shaking with anger and... other conflicting emotions. I want to punch Erica right on her really pretty face... but I can't. I need to remember why I'm here; to get close to Grace so I can take her to Mother, and I won't be able to do that if I hurt Erica. I need to stay in control of my emotions, which is extremely hard for me to do, but I need to do it for Mother.

I manage to calm myself down just enough so I'm not shaking as much anymore, and slowly sit back down on my chair, "I'll.... be fine," my voice is trembling a little as I speak, "I'm... used to it. I can... I can handle... myself. My life... is bad, but I... I manage, somehow." I don't thank Erica for 'offering' to help me. I don't feel thankful for her at all, and I would rather cut my tongue off than say something dishonest.

"Can... can we talk about something else now?"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Angie shuts down Erica!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 12-1 = 11

Giving Erica a string for the Turn On roll, then making her lose that string. :v:

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 24, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"I-" I can't really explain why, but when Grace held my hand, I felt all my previous anger leave my body. Her hand is... so warm.

I stare at our joined hands in silence. Erica's threats don't even register to me. All I can think about is what Grace just said to me.

"Angie, it's okay to need help. We all do at times. You don't need to try to handle everything by yourself."

There's actual sincerity to her words. She actually wants to help me. All this time, I thought Grace was another worthless liar, but... she isn't. She is genuinely kind, pure, and honest in a way that not that many people are.

...I see now why Mother is so interested in her.

I tilt my head up to look at her, and when I do, there is no sign of anger on my face. Instead, I just look... really tired. "....I'd really like that...." I say, in a surprisingly soft tone. I lean closer to Grace, never letting go of her hand, and rest my head on her chest. I close my eyes, and say, "...I'm just so tired..."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I move Grace's hand away from Hirako's, and glare at her It's the kind of glare that says, "I will hang you with your own loving intestines if you even dare to get between us."

Then I look back at Grace, and my face starts to soften a little. "...I don't think I'm welcome here anymore," especially after my little outburst, "I should leave. Erica's probably pissed off at me now, and I don't think she'll be inviting me to that Valentine's Day party after I yelled at her like that," not that I care that much about going, anyways. Parties are a waste of time, and they're always filled with the worst kind of people. Although I guess I wouldn't object to going if someone like Grace asked me to go with her, but what're the chances of that happening?

"Hey, uh," I scratch the back of my neck nervously, "Do you think it's possibly that we can, I dunno... hang out later? I'd ask if we could share phone numbers, but uh," I shrug, "I don't have one."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

My glare practically intensifies at Hirako. She's trying really hard to pull Grace away from me, and I can't have her do that. Grace is mine."

"Yea," I say, as I resist the urge to go into my usual swearing tirade, "Why don't you just mind your own business and let Grace speak for herself, huh? Why don't you go bug somebody else?"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Angie shut down Hiarko!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 10-1 = 9

Giving Hirako the condition "Meddler." She can give me a condition in return!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Loner, drained, dangerous, social outcast

And just like that, I've reached my tipping point. "gently caress YOU, you STUPID, LYING, NO-GOOD, SPOILED BITCH!" I scream out at the top of my lungs, "You're going to make me "envy my homelife?" Hahaha, that's a good loving joke! You don't know the FIRST loving THING about all the poo poo I went through! I'm soooo loving sorry I don't have a PERFECT loving LIFE like you do! But you know what?" I narrow my eyes, and make sure she sees all the contempt I have for her right now, "At least I'm honest about who I am. I know I'm broken. I'm not a LIAR like you! Liar! Liar! Liar! LIAR! LIAR! LIIIIIAAAAARRRRR!!!!!" I scream those final words as loud as I can.

The entire lunch room goes quiet, and that's when I noticed Grace wincing in pain. I look down, and see that I was almost crushing her hand. I was hurting Grace without knowing it. I quickly let go of her hand, and whatever rage I was feeling quickly evaporates as my face goes pale, "I... I... I... I'm... I'm sorry! I didn't... I didn't mean to... to..." To hurt you. I didn't mean to hurt you is what I wanted to say, but the words don't come out. All I could do is stutter. Grace is the first person in a long time who has shown me genuine kindness, and I... I almost hurt her. I almost crushed her hand. I try to fight back the tears that are welling up in my eyes, but I can't. They start flowing out as soon as I realized what I've done.

I failed Mother.

I need... I need to get out of here. Run away. I need to run!

"...I'm sorry..." I turn and run, knocking over my chair in the process, tears flowing down my eyes. All I could think about is being anywhere but here.

I failed Her. I failed Mother. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!!

quote:

8:53 AM <HugzillaPhone> Angie is running the heck away!
8:53 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 7+2 = 9

Causing a big scene. Also marking XP!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Loner, drained, dangerous, social outcast

I hosed up.

I hosed up badly.

I was so close. Grace was actually willing to hang out with me! She even offered me a chance to stay at her home! But I... I hurt her, and yelled at her friends, because I couldn't contain this stupid anger of mine. She probably... she probably hates me now, like everybody else in this loving school.

Great, here come the waterworks again. Just when I thought they were about to stop. How long have I been staying huddled up, crying in this empty hallway? I don't even know anymore. Why do I have to be so angry all the time? Why do I keep loving everything up!? Why.... why do I have to be so loving broken?

...Mother? She's.... sad? I thought She would be angry at me, but She's not. She's angry at... Erica.

"...Yes. It's all her fault, isn't it? She's the reason everything went wrong. Yes. Yes, I understand. I know what I must do now. Bad liars like her..."

"...Must be punished."

---

Oh, great, it's Blades. Just as soon as I was about to head out. I was hoping I wouldn't see him until tomorrow. I am not in the mood to be dealing with his poo poo right now. "Did she now? Huh." I say to him, "Yea, yea," I wave him off, "I'll write you an IOU or whatever. I'm heading home."

I walk past Blades. If he's smart, he'll know not to mess with me when I'm in a really bad mood, but if he isn't... well, let's just say he better have enough money to repair a broken face.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions: Loner, drained, dangerous, social outcast

Oh.

Oh, Blades.

You had to go and do that now, didn't you? You had to go and touch me?

My head snaps to Blades, my face practically filled with intense, burning anger, "Don't you DARE touch me!" I swing my fist at him, and punch him, as hard as I loving can, in his face, knocking him down on his rear end.

But I don't let it end there, oh no. "I said," I grab him by the throat, "I'd think about hanging out with you, and right now," I slowly lift him off his feet, "I think I'd rather do something else," I tighten my grip on his throat, "Like choke the loving life out of you!"

I let the anger flow out of me as I choke Blades. He struggles to get out, but my hand stays wrapped around his throat like a steel vise. I hear the Whispers. They're telling me to end him. He's nothing but a worthless child, and nobody will miss him when he's gone. He's nothing but an insignificant worm that needs to be crushed, so do it! Crush him! End his sorry life! END HIM!

"Hey, Angie?

...Julia?

"Can you promise me something?"

...A memory...?

"Promise me... you won't let your anger take over you."

...Why am I remembering this now...?

"Promise me... you won't turn into the monster they say you are."

...I did promise her, didn't I? I promised her I'd never let myself turn into a monster, and yet, here I am, crushing Blades throat. But he... he deserves this, doesn't he? He's a bad person, and the world is better off without him! It's not like... it's not like I'm breaking my promise to her!

...Right?

"Please, Angie. Promise me..."

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" I toss Blades aside, sparing him for now. I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to... to actually kill him. She... she wouldn't of liked it if I did. "...You're lucky. I've decided to let you live for now as thanks for distracting Roxy. But next time?" I crouch down next to him, bring my face closer to his, and say, in a low, threatening voice, "Next time, you won't be so lucky, so, if you enjoy living, I'd suggest you leave me the gently caress alone and never bother me ever again."

quote:

<Hugzilla> Angie smash puny Blades! (+2 from Dark Power)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 8+4 = 12

Choosing "The Harm is great," so that's 1 more added harm!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions: Loner, drained, dangerous, social outcast

"Huh?" That's... that's uh, sure not the reaction I was expecting from Vivian. I stare at her in wide-eyed surprise as she takes my hand, and shows actual... concern for me? No! She's got to be faking it! Right?

"I'm... I'm fine!" I pull my hand away from hers, and say, in a tone that's uncharacteristically soft for me, "I'm.... fine." I rub my bloody knuckles with my other hand, and look away from Vivian. Usually, this is the part were I'd be yelling at her, and tell her to gently caress off, but I... don't really feel like yelling right now. "...What do you care, anyways?" I ask, in a quiet, tired voice, "Aren't I supposed to be "beneath" you?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Loner, drained, dangerous, social outcast

"....Thanks," I mumble under my breath, pressing the cloth on my knuckles. "...Fucker wouldn't leave me alone, and I've been having..." I stare blankly at the ground, "...A really bad day, so I guess I just... lashed out at him..."

"...So, um..." I turn my head to look at her, and make the most awkward attempt at eye-contact imaginable, "...Why're you even concerned over somebody like me? Aren't you afraid of me going off on you, like everybody else is? Or..." I try to give her a sly little smile, and fail spectacularly at it, looking like I'm grimacing instead. Turns out smiling is really hard when your default expression is hardcore scowling, "...Are you like, into me, or something?"

What the gently caress was THAT supposed to be!? Holy poo poo! I should just go find a dumpster to throw myself in, because wow. Wow. Why the gently caress did I think it was a good idea to say that!?

My entire face goes red from sheer embarrassment, "Uh...! A-a-a-anyways!" I change the subject as fast as I possibly can, "W-w-what the hell do you want with me? It's gotta be more than you just being worried about me, right?"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Turn on Vivian
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 2-1 = 1

WELP. At least I get to mark XP!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I raise an eyebrow at Vivian's offer. It's true, I did want to get back at Erica, but I wasn't sure how yet. Maybe... maybe Vivian can actually help me?

I consider it for a moment, before I give her my answer, "...I'm guessing you have some sort of plan, right? Some plan to humiliate Erica? If that's the case..." I turn to her, "...Then count me in."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"G-grace!?" She... she wants to talk to me? Was she... actually looking for me? It doesn't look like she heard about the deal me and Vivian just made, thank gently caress. "S-sure!" I vigorously nod at her, "I-I wouldn't mind talking with you!" I almost can't believe it. I thought for sure she'd hate me after I basically told her best friend to gently caress off, but I'm not going to complain if she doesn't!

"We'll talk a bit more about this later, alright, Vi?" I day it quietly so Grace can't hear it, and then I rush to her side, and resist the urge to hug her on the spot. "S-so, what did you want to talk about?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Maybe Erica would have less trouble if she pulled her head out of her own rear end. "Come to the party, huh?" Going to the party... doesn't sound like a horrible idea, all things considered. Yea, I'd have to deal with being stuck in a room filled with liars, but going to the party might help me get closer to Grace, and it might give me the chance I need to get back at Erica.

The only problem... is apologizing. Apologizing to her would mean I'd have to lie, and that... is something I can't do. There has to be a way I can resolve this without turning myself into a liar. "I... I don't know if I can... but... I'll try," I tilt my head up to look at her, with a soft expression on my face, "I'll try... for you," and for Mother.

"...Hey, Grace, can I ask you something? Why... why are you going through all this trouble for me? You... you know about my reputation, so... why?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I rub the back of my neck, and smile nervously, "Oh, hehe, yea..." It's a good thing she didn't see me beat the ever-loving poo poo out of of Blades a few minutes ago. "Well, uh... thanks for trying to help me... I guess?"

My stomach starts to growl, "Uh... sorry. I... didn't really get to eat today because of the... whole thing at lunch..." I reach out to grab her hand, "Would you mind if we... grab something to eat?" I ask her, looking like a lost, hungry stray.

...It really is a shame that someone as wonderful as Grace is friends with a nasty liar like Erica, but she'll soon see the light, and have her eyes opened to truth, like I have, when I take her to Mother after the party.

She'll make a wonderful addition to our family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 4/5 Conditions: Loner, dangerous, social outcast

I'm not worried about Blades. He's an ant, and just like an ant, I can crush him whenever I want. What I'm actually worried about... is being forced to work with Erica on this stupid assignment. loving hell, why did it have to be Erica of all people!? Grace is right there! Why can't be partnered with her instead!? gently caress, I'd even prefer Roxy at this point over Grace!

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I still have to convince her to invite me to her party. I'm sure Grace must've talked to her about it by now, but I dunno how willing she'd be to let me join, especially after the whole shitstorm that happened yesterday. I mean, I could apologize to her for what happened, but gently caress that, why should I apologize for something that isn't my fault!?

Ugh. Whatever, let's just get this loving over with.

"...So," I glance over at Erica, not even trying to hide the displeasure on my face, "We gotta work together, huh? That's..." My eyes move away from her, "...great."

• Locked thread