Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

It's much too early right now, but sadly my work's never done. Believe it or not, it takes some effort to rule the school.

Despite having been up for nearly two hours now, I'm very much wishing I could be back in bed - the fluorescent lights overhead are harsh, which gives me an idea that I quickly scribble down on the neatly penned set of notes before me, all of them detailing various items that might require council attention. So far today I've showered, dressed, eaten (two scrambled eggs and two pieces of toast plus a piece of cheese makes for an amazing sandwich), checked Facebook, gathered my things, and made my way through the gloomy weather and slight drizzle in my Red Prius to the Pendlebrook high school parking lot, at which point I checked the suggestion, mail, and email inboxes of the student council, soon after writing and triple underling an action item on my pseudo-agenda.

Only after all of that was done did I make my way to Ms. Garrastazu's class, ready to share my findings with my closest friends, practically sauntering down the hall as I do - and why shouldn't I? I practically own this place. Trust me, everyone knows who I am - I may only be a junior, but I can only think of a few people in this school that would dare try and screw with me, teachers included. Sashaying into my first period class, sweeping over those present with a winning smile and a quick glance, basking just a little in my place atop the social hierarchy, I head towards my seat, throwing my purse and bag over the back of it. Once that's accomplished and I've noted my opinion on the lights down on paper for later we're all caught up, it's time I explain the Student Council's problem to them... and Korina, apparently, the desperate girl doing her best to listen in.

"Good morning ladies~" I begin, just oozing confidence and charisma. "So, about this quarter's cookie sale... we've got a minor issue - the band wants to up their percentage." It was a simple agreement, one I'd been rather proud of, since as I designed it everyone won. Every Monday - aka today - the cafeteria staff makes the day's lunch something no one wants to eat, since it's not like they have a choice what the school gets as far as food supplies go, and there's inevitably going to be one disappointing day per week, now it's just predetermined. Simultaneously, they bake a bunch of cookies, then hand them off to the band kids, who sell them outside the cafeteria doors as the lunch period ends, and everyone's still hungry. The profits are split four ways between cafeteria staff, the band, the school (cost of ingredients), and the Student Council for arranging the whole thing.

"If we're going to meet our," my "budget goals, they can't be allowed to do that. Any ideas?" It's not like I actually need their ideas of course, but it doesn't hurt to pretend like I want to hear them every so often. Flicking an errant strand of my lovely hair back into place, I'm just the picture of grace as I let my friends speak their minds, already having come up with a plan for handling the band geeks, but allowing everyone else a say first.

quote:

Name: Erica Jackson
Playbook: The Queen
Look: Stunning, Captivating Eyes
Origin: Class President

Stats
Hot: +2
Cold: +1
Volatile: -1
Dark: -1

Moves
The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. Choose one of the following strengths for your gang:they’re connected (with money and friends)

Clique List
Megan White - Vice-President - Tried to beat Erica for popularity in middle school, lost, bitter still
Hirako Toyama - Secretary - Smart nerdy friend of the group, less popular than rest.
Grace Rainflower - Treasurer - Erica’s friend since pre-school, kind and trusted confidant.

The Shield
When you’re surrounded by your gang, subtract 1 from any rolls against you. (NPCs act at a Disadvantage.)

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition one of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They’ve failed you. This is all their fault, and there’s no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Mar 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

What an absolutely perfect opportunity for me. "Oh wow Megan, you and I were thinking the same thing." We weren't - my plan had been to remind the band kids that actually have friends just what the benefits of me tolerating them are, and the sort of things they might expect if that was to suddenly go away for whatever reason - but it doesn't hurt me to let her think it. Megan's got a sensitive ego, she needs to be placated every now and again. Pretty sure Grace will get what I'm doing, or understand even if she doesn't - though I do actually prefer Megan's plan to hers.

"I can count on you to handle those band dorks, right? You're good at that sort of thing." I ask her with a winning smile, the very picture of a queen assigning a task to some courtier, despite being stuck in a high school classroom. How pleasant this is though - I'm basically solving two problems at once! "Lemme know how it goes, can't wait to hear about how easy everything was~"

<Rauri> Manipulate Megan
<Rauri> !r 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 11+4 = 15
should just be a 14 and not a 15
Asking Megan to intimidate the Band into keeping the original plan the Student Council came up with for the bake sale, offering further praise from Erica for doing a good job.

Fortuitous timing on clearing that up - Roxy, Vivian, and Lucas seem to have been putting their heads together too, and I am intrigued. It might be unrelated, but seriously? This is my school, everything that happens within it relates to me, and Roxy being involved is worrying. Lucas is a nonfactor, and Vivian is basically the epitome of style over substance, but Roxy's ended up on the student council as 'Activities Director' (ugh) via a dumb rule, so unfortunately I more or less have to pay attention to her. Honestly? She might well make a good addition to my inner circle of friends - once I've shown her that she needs to stop trying to mess with me, anyways. She's already on the Council, I wouldn't even have to bother getting her elected!

"Good morning you three~" I speak up all of a sudden, beautiful and popular and surrounded by my friends - the eye of Pendlebrook's Goddess upon them all now. "Roxy, you should eat lunch with the rest of us today - we've got a lot to talk about!" The other two are obviously not being invited, I am being specific about that I think, smiling at all of them nonetheless - but this invitation / veiled threat is for her and her alone.

Spending a string and offering 1 XP if Roxy publicly agrees to more or less obey Erica's request / actually intends to eat lunch with Erica and her gang.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Mar 17, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"I don't remember saying it was council business~" I respond to Roxy, wagging a finger. Honestly, she should be thankful I even bothered to ask her - she may be a girl on the football team, but she's also exactly that... not exactly normal, and sitting with me is an obvious popularity boost. Oh, Vivian's hurt I didn't invite her - makes sense, and an excellent side-benefit of inviting Roxy. I'd wonder if Miss Lin had ever wondered why I'm more popular than her despite her attempts at being a fashionista, but I know she's not introspective enough.

Business with them concluded, I turn around to walk back to my seat... only to spot Angie, Grace, and Blades all in some sort of discussion. I'm not certain what could involve all of them, and aside from concern about Grace, I don't honestly care. Still, I don't want my area crowded by some sort of quarrel / boring argument. "Whatever's going on here, you should do it somewhere else... I'd like to talk to my friends~" I recommend to the both of them, sugary sweet as can be. It's pretty clear that I'll look favorably on them taking me up on my suggestion, and if they don't? Well, I can handle that, and they'll probably regret it.

<Rauri> Manipulate Blades
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 11+2 = 13
He'll bring this subject up with Angie again later, but not near Erica. Also roll is actually a 14 since I apparently suck at getting rules right for my own character, forgot gang bonus.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 19, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Yeah, he just gets a smug grin for a second from me. I'm pretty sure Blades has decided he wants to get destroyed today - if he seriously thinks he can intimidate me, he has another thing coming. If money could buy popularity, he or Vivian would be number one in our grade... and yet they're not, I am. If he wants a lesson in why people don't mess with me, I'm more than happy to give him a crash course.

On the other hand and luckily for her, Angie's being properly respectful. She wants to eat lunch with us - unlike Roxy, she seems to understand how much of an honor that is. Seems like she has a crush on me too, but that's natural. Obviously she'll never be in the upper echelons here at Pendlebrook, but she's not totally awful or anything... all she needs is an attitude adjustment and a makeover, and she'll be well on her way to not being one of the class weirdos anymore. Grace being obviously in favor of the plan just helps seal my decision even further - without us, this girl's going nowhere, but maybe we can give her a boost. "Hmm..." I pretend to contemplate. "Sure, you can eat with us today."

Giving her something Erica thinks she wants, a seat at her lunch table near her and the rest of her gang.

Flouncing back into my seat, it's honestly amazing how much I can milk it - stretching my leg out once I sit, brushing my hair back into place with practiced grace, giving Angie a truly winning smile, I basically radiate confidence; I'm the sun around which everyone else's high school existences orbit and I'm fully aware of it, so hot you don't want to stare for too long but can't help but want to. Eyes practically sparkling under the fluorescent lights, I let Angie know where she stands with me right now. "Since you need company, you're getting the very best this school has to offer - lucky you~"

<Rauri> Turn on Angie
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
String get.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 19, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Angie thinks I'm hot, it's so obvious, but that's not exactly surprising - even blind people think I'm hot I bet. It's just sort of an aura, you know, some ineffable thing that I've got in spades. Smiling just a bit wider as she departs, it looks like people are gradually settling back into their seats and calming down. Good thing too - I had more I wanted to talk about, especially now that Angie and Blade's little spat has put me in the right frame of mind.

"Listen up ladies," I summon everyone else's attention, turning slightly in my chair to make them move to face me - this is a private discussion after all. "Valentine's day is coming up - it wouldn't do for any of us to be single for it." Obviously I'm single by choice right now, but I've had some ideas about changing that recently. "So let's talk about that..."

Bet we've got a bit before Ms. Garrastazu returns after all, and with the four of us putting our heads together, I'm sure we'll be able to figure out someone perfect for everyone - but most importantly, for me! Descending into the comfortable and gossip filled conversation, it's amazing how time flies as discuss those worthy of potentially dating us, how many ideas spring practically unbidden to my mind...

<Rauri> Erica Gaze via group gossip
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7 = 7
Scary and confusing of course.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"You're right, we should do something for Valentine's day!" I quickly note, seizing upon that idea. Sure, the faculty and administration here may not want anything to do with the holiday... but that doesn't mean my peers don't. My friends and I have thrown our fair share of parties, both official and off the books, in our day - if anyone should setup a party to celebrate Valentine's, it's us. Just not at my house.

Snapping my fingers as if I've just had a great idea, I sum up everyone else's plans, too happy and domineering to be disputed. "We'll throw a party, I'll invite Hugo, you all will invite whoever, and we'll let the good times roll! February is a dreary month anyways, everyone could use something to brighten their days~" And remind them of their place in the social structure, aka, beneath me (and then my friends). Though like I said, I don't want to hold it at my parent's house - they're not going out of town this weekend, and I'd also rather not trash my own place. I DO know someone with a fancy place though, and even though she's stupidly jealous of me, I bet I might be able to garner her help with this. "Hmmm... think I know JUST who to ask..."

Leaning forward to tap Vivian on the shoulder, I give her my most winning smile when she turns around. Eyes dazzling, cleavage displayed given my position, I'm sure she's trying to come up with some cutting line but won't be able to manage it. "Hey Vivian, wanna help me throw a party?" She might not yet, but she totally will soon~

<Rauri> Turn on Vivian
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+2 = 12
<Rauri> didn't even use Gang for that~
String-getter.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Humbled

Vivian seems like she wants to commit social suicide today. So she wants to snap the olive branch I extended her way in half - no big deal. I always figured she was a lot smarter than that, but guess not? The fact remains... I will punish her for that, and she's not going to enjoy it one bit. "Nah, no thanks - I just thought better of involving you," I inform her, and I'll admit, it's not the best comeback ever, but that's OK. I'm not getting my revenge quite yet, that's going to come later.

Sashaying back into my seat, Korina seems to be the latest in today's line of supplicants - really need to get the teacher to move her to the other corner of the room - and I'm pretty sure I don't want her bothering me all day, so how to solve this. Perhaps because of my interaction with lovely Vivian over there, I've got just the thing, since it'll scratch my ego some. After all, Korina desperately wants to be one of us, since she realizes how awesome my friends and me are - or at least the benefits of being one of my friends...

"Morning Korina, did you want to speak with us?" It's honestly hard for her to tell if I'm referring to the group, or just using the royal we for myself - with the way the other three orbit me, their desks arrayed around mine and their actions and poses highlighting and underscoring yours truly, she knows who's in charge here... and by here, I mean this school. The way I'm smiling at her, like I'm expecting her to bow any second - I'm sure she's been longing for it, and I guess today's her lucky day. "I might have time later today, you should clear your schedule~"

<Rauri> Turn on Korina
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+3 = 11
String getter.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 4, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Humbled

Korina's getting awfully presumptuous, isn't she? "I must not've heard you right - it sounded for a second like you were questioning me~" I let that statement hang for a moment while I stare at her, unblinking and stern...

And then I lighten up. "Don't worry, Angie's not so bad." I filled forms out for her to help her get free lunches, and she actually seemed grateful for it - and lets be honest, she might be violent, but she's not stupid. She knows better than to mess with me, which is more than I can say for the wannabe fashionista over there. "I guess I'll figure out if there's room for you at the table... you should probably give me a good reason between now and lunch to make sure there is, and helping 'protect' me doesn't cut it."

This girl wants to use me and my friends - so I'm going to return the favor. Besides, I'm pretty sure my group hates her guts, and I honestly can't blame them... sure, she adores us, but that's hardly a unique characteristic, and she's annoying.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Humbled

Want to know why lunch is my favorite meal of the weekday? Of course you do, I'm fascinating - it's because, on weekdays, I am at school, and during lunch period I am more or less holding court - my friends and I have our own picnic table outside, and those that require boons or wish to supplicate themselves before me find their way towards it, me, at some point during our lunch. Those consigned to merely orbit around my greatness, let alone those unfortunate souls cast to the outer dark of our school's social universe? Yeah, they know better than to approach.

Arriving at our table with my lunch in hand - I pack my lunch up each morning, improving the cafeteria food here is a dream of mine but we're not there yet and therefore I'm not dumb enough to eat it - it looks like everything's in order: no one's been foolish enough to sit at our table, Angie is here, Megan's off doing what I told her to, Roxy's...

THAT BITCH!

Is she seriously ignoring me!? Is this like, some dumb plan of hers? She agreed to do this! Looking irate, and noticing Angie hasn't even had the decency to thank me for inviting her here - she's too distracted by Grace - I know I'm taking my anger out on her even as I look her way, smiling menacingly. "Awful nice to see you Angie - so, what'd you want to talk to ME me about? Assuming you sat at MY table for a reason?"

<Rauri> Shut Down Angie
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 2+1 = 3
<Rauri> haha rofl
XP Marked, hard move earned~

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 12, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Humbled

This just isn't my day, is it? First things first, Megan gets a text back - immediately.

txt to Megan posted:

Thanks for asking him out for me :)
Unless you meant that YOU asked him out?
In which case either you weren't listening earlier - rude - and I know you were
Or you decided to mess with me. Sure that's smart?

<Rauri> Erica Shut Down Megan
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+1 = 6
<Rauri> this is just not her loving day
<Rauri> was, now is not
Spending initial string to give Megan the Traitor condition, she gets to return one.

Know what's funny? I don't even give that much of a poo poo about Hugo - I just care that Megan would do this to me. I get that she likes him, but I called him first. If she'd spoken up more, maybe I wouldn't have?

Sighing exaggeratedly, I look up from my phone towards my lunch, Angie, and Roxy's empty reserved seat. Grace has covered for me, and I met as well use what she provided. "Not a great day so far, not your fault Angie - you don't have anything to be sorry about, don't worry." There, apology handled. Grinning at her like everything's going according to some sort of wondrous plan, I'm still not getting sidelined at my own table. "So, how's life? It's been so long since we really spoke to one another!" I think the last time was when I helped her get free school lunches, which I at least have enough dignity to not mention. My family's not rich, but we're not, well, in her sort of situation - it's depressing to even think about it, so I just don't!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 20, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Humbled, Paranoid

Megan messed up badly, Hirako's upset, Angie's made the table all awkward - I should've faked sick and skipped school today. Still, I can set things right - I'm loving Erica, I'm awesome, I got this.

txt to Megan posted:

We're gonna have a talk later today.
To fix all this

Putting my phone up and ignoring my food, I glance Angie's way. Poor girl's all kinds of embarrassed about herself... she's probably just nervous to be at the cool kid's table, at being around me for so long. Probably a healthy reaction for her to be having, but an annoying one. Lets get her to relax some, shall we? "Yikes, that's a lot to deal with... hmm, is there anything I can do to help you?" I wonder if she expected that or not?

Leaning forward, resting my elbows on the table and my chin in my hands, I'm smiling at this obvious charity case. Grace seems to like her and her life inarguable sucks, I definitely should improve things for her. "My friends and I could discretely talk to an administrator about making /sure/ you get fed here, and I know for certain we can find some places for you to couchsurf at - you wouldn't believe how many people owe us favors. If there's anything else you can think of, just let me know~" I wink, which probably won't do much to relax her but its always fun to set people's hearts aflutter. After all, I'm totally realizing just how much I can actually do, as a high school student, to change other people's lives - just imagine me when I get to college! Everything about me just exudes justified confidence and uncommon beauty, especially flanked by my loyal friends, and I'm sure Angie sees that too!

<Rauri> Turn on Angie
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4+2=6
<Rauri> :X
Gonna argue having two thirds of Gang around should count for +1, but that's your call Helio and I won't be annoyed if you disagree - since I'll just use a string. Self / promise / string?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 23, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

The gently caress is with this girl? Hirako is right, I shouldn't have invited Angie to lunch - all she wants to do is whine and make everything about herself while snarling at me, it's pathetic. "Alright, fine, we won't help you then," I tell Ms. Nofuntimes in a tone of voice that she's going to have nightmares about from here on out. I wanted to help her, I actually felt bad for her... but if she's going to be horrible to me over it, I will make her regret it. Maybe her life wouldn't be so poo poo if she wasn't constantly making terrible decisions?

Once the last member of my trio of followers takes the table, I give her an unexpected grin. "Hey Megan, you're just in time, we were changing the subject to something fun~" Aka not everyone around me being absurdly ungrateful for the things I do for them. Patting the seat to my left, I'm at least publicly forgiving her for a thing no on else even knows she did. Might as well take things back to a more pleasant direction... I can deal with Megan and Angie later.

Korina's here now too - joy! This is just getting better and better. Looks like she wants a spot at the table, which only leaves Roxy's spot open. Resisting the urge to tell her to loving beat it, it seems worthwhile to see what she came up with. "Oh hello Korina~ Think of something?" I have no doubt she remembers exactly what I asked of her. "We were all about to talk about the party I'm throwing, you might as well join in!"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

That's not enough for a longterm thing - I know she just wants to use my friends and most of all me to become popular - but still, I can put her to use too. She gets one party out of this, and I get to hurt Vivian. "Then why don't you sit down?" I ask her, extending a hand and smiling at the desperate girl. Looks like she gets an invitation to the popular table today, with me as the generous woman that allowed her to sit with us, radiant and glorious and more popular than poor Korina can dream of. I mean, Angie's here already, it's basically charity day - I might as well let her sit across from me.

<Rauri> Turn on Korina
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+2 = 8

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 25, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"You can," will "tell me all about Vivian later, Korina - for now, let's all just concentrate on what's important!" Roxy skipping this event. Angie messing with Grace. Korina actually having something useful for a change. So many mysteries, but it's not like I'm going to mention any of them outloud. No, I'm all smiles and good cheer again. "The Valentine's Day Party, of course - oh we should call it a massacre instead of a part, it'll get people excited."

Speaking up loudly and glaring at anybody that dares keep talking while I'm running things, shining gloriously down on my friends and courtiers and subjects, time to get things settled. "We'll need to arrange for a keg or two - somebody needs to make jello shots, pink ones since its Valentines - and this really should be an exclusive event, don't all of you think? No friends of friends nonsense." Unless I approve of them anyways. "Thoughts?"

While they offer up said thoughts, pleas, and promises, I text Roxy back - the nerve of that girl!

txt to Roxy posted:

Oh nooo, hope everything's alright :D
Busy then, come see me in student council room later
I can go over what you missed at lunch then with no distractions
Seeya there! It's council business so you can miss ten minutes of whatever football thing you probably have afterschool~

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Sure, whatever," I wave off Korina, giving her permission to make them - I have more important things in mind. Megan doesn't look happy, but she messed up so I'll deal with that later. Angie, meanwhile, has managed to teach me a valuable lesson about trying to help her: the lesson is don't. She bitched at me, she's ruined my meal, and now she's snapping at Hirako - that tears it. I get that Grace wants to help her, but she's too nice sometimes... she can't see when someone isn't worth it. Angie's being an rear end in a top hat to my friends, after I was kind to her, and I am done with that poo poo as of exactly when it happened.

Slapping the table with my palm, I point her out to everyone here. "Because Grace is her - our - friend! And speaking of, it's time for you to walk away - I made a mistake being nice to you." I grin, confident in my power and surrounded by friends that have my back. "It's not going to happen again. Stay out of my way from now on, or else I'm going to see to it that you envy your homelife while you're at school." I know she's a violent person, I'm practically counting on it - there's no way my friends would let her hit me, and she'll be expelled the second she tries it. I have loyal friends and a whole school that alternately worships and envies me - and she's all alone. She had better run before this gets ugly for her~

<Rauri> Shut Down Angie
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+2 = 12
Bestowing condition Social Outcast.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Uh, wow - Angie sure doesn't want to make things easy for herself, huh? To clarify, I'm not spoiled - my parents are middle class, I WISH I was spoiled - I've totally attained my position through personality and perseverance. If money was in charge here at Pendlebrook, Vivian would be at this exact table... and yet she isn't, she's probably sulking around and texting her parents about how rude the peasants are to her while she eats lunch alone somewhere - guessing library?

Anyways, good thing we're outside - Angie freaked out in a courtyard, and while the rank and file in the cafeteria may have seen some things, they obviously just saw an unhinged lunatic their benevolent ruler decided to take pity on attempting to attack her. I'm honestly not bothered even the slightest bit about what she's said, aside from how it'll make people think of me -

Note to self - do not let Angie confront me without at least two other people that I can count on to fight her around me. It's tragic, but she hates me now. Adjusting my hair and taking a bite out of my food as she runs away, presumably crying, I wave off Grace's concerns too. "I don't get the girl at all, but I'm not letting her hurt you - you know I wanted to help her, right?" I mean, I actually did, which just proves I need to be bitchier. "If she says sorry, maybe, but otherwise she is dead to all of us for your own good." That's final. Grace has a really big heart, but I know what I'm doing here - she'd better trust me on this.

-----------------

I let myself out of class a few minutes early - council business - to guarantee I bet the stupidly energetic Roxy to the council chambers. Pretty sure she has practice right now, so hoping to drag this meeting out for as long as possible. As such, the furniture in the classroom that I got converted into our permanent (and comfortable) council room is quickly rearranged before she enters... and quickly props herself up on my desk, asking about lunch while simultaneously excusing her unforgivable absence. I really should scold her for that.

You know what though? I don't, since no matter what Angie says, I'm actually nice. Don't get me wrong, she's an annoying jock that got onto the council despite never even running for office due to a stupid rule in the handbook dating back decades, but still, not furious about that or anything, it's not her fault~ Instead, maybe a little spurred on by the two of us being alone and her being so forward, I actually tell her the guest list for today's events. "Since I doubt you'll ever skip again, I guess I'll overlook it. Angie showed up, and Megan and Grace and Hirako obviously, then there's Korina at the /very/ end~ A lot was said, but you didn't miss much."

Giving Roxy something she wants, a list of who was at her lunch table.

With her posing on my desk, I lean back in my chair, maybe just showing off my figure a little - she may be going for the whole butch thing, but I'm probably the most powerfully feminine person to ever walk within these walls, and she's getting to be alone with me if only for a little bit. I can scarcely imagine what she's thinking. "So, now that you're finally here, gotta tell you - since the school won't recognize Valentine's day, we will." We being the council, I'm sure she can keep up. "We're throwing a party at Vivian's place - how do you wanna help me out with it~?" Oh wow, she even gets a wink, I'm really going all-out here.

<Rauri> Turn on Roxy
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+2 = 7
<Rauri> phew
String / promise / self?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hmmm. She seems to recognize that she has to show up next time I invite her or there'll be consequences - still, Roxy is also currently suffering under the delusion that she's the most important person at Pendlebrook, when it is sooo obviously me. I mean, I didn't cheat or bribe anyone to get elected - she just has muscles and coordination. Part of me wants to tie her up with trivial bullshit, but since she's acquiesced, I'll let her head off to her little practice. Not answering her question, I smile like all's well and wave her off as she starts to leave. "No, nothing more. Go have fun with your practice~"

Once she leaves though, I text my core friends. We should wrangle up people for the dance early - I want the whole school to hear about it!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

txt to Hirako, Grace, Megan posted:

See all of you at my car in a few minutes. So much to do~

txt to Grace posted:

I get you being mad or disappointed at me. Just don't want you getting hurt. We can talk about it later tonight?

txt to Grace posted:

Respond please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Ughh, dammit Grace. I have too many things to do right now to go track you down - I hope you have fun with Angie, and don't worry, I'll be there to tell you I told you so when she stabs you in the back after you've helped her. Hoping she doesn't literally stab her, obviously, but ruling this school takes a lot of work and I've got to see to it.

Walking towards my car like I mentioned to my friends earlier, people and plans swirling in my head to the beat of my heels on the tile floor, I've a lot to think about. Lets be clear, people are going to crash it, a couple people are going to try and deliberately gently caress it up, other people are gunning for me - I'm not an idiot, and this isn't my first dance with any of this. I've been the top of the totem pole my entire school career, and that's not going to change in a single night despite what anybody thinks. Responding to a couple texts as I contemplate who to invite and how to handle Vivian and Angie and Roxy and a host of others, I fall into a sort of rhythm, daydreaming while I head home about how things are likely to play out and what I need to pay attention to...

<Rauri> Erica Gaze Into the Abyss
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10-1= 9
Confusing visions please.

• Locked thread