Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh poo poo it got deleted.

It was a shot of a title page of a table read version of the script for the first episode of the new show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

NNNIIIILEEEES! This is why you always save the screenshots!

You're just upset you're not on a screen yourself.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I bet it's gonna be awesome, amazing, fantastic

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, I hear them blues a-callin'.

Mercy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Nu Frasier will have all the emotional sensibility and drama of a Disturbed live show circa 2003

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Get up, come on get down with the sherry

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fight through the party
and white with havarti
i can't eat a dish
with arugula

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Achmed Jones posted:

fight through the party
and white with havarti
i can't eat a dish
with arugula

Holy poo poo, it actually scans!

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Do we even know if this is going to be a full sitcom or what? I can't imagine it having a laugh track, in my head for some reason it's gonna be a comedy/drama that leans more into drama. I think its gonna be awful but I'm really excited to see it.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Sometimes a shift in tone is just what the doctor ordered, just look at Velma!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Annabel Pee posted:

I think its gonna be awful but I'm really excited to see it.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hope there is lots of bizarre retconning to explain peoples absences

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Even worse than that though is the “why look, it’s my long lost friend/cousin/uncle who I have definitely been thinking about this whole time before any of us even heard about him”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

EEKA GEEK posted:

Even worse than that though is the “why look, it’s my long lost friend/cousin/uncle who I have definitely been thinking about this whole time before any of us even heard about him”

This revival will finally get deeper into something that the main series left unexplored, but the fans have been clamoring for: more about Frasier's Greek cousins

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Sir Lemming posted:

This revival will finally get deeper into something that the main series left unexplored, but the fans have been clamoring for: more about Frasier's Greek cousins

The actual Cheers bar is in the same building as the Greek consolate in Boston so this has been Foretold

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Lemming posted:

The people are clamoring for more BULLDOG *pounds fist on desk*

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Frasier staging an intervention to pull Bulldog out of his Twitter fights K-hole.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Bulldog is on trial for participating in Jan 6th

Frasier helps him walk on an insanity plea

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

*walking away from capital building on jan 6th* this stinks! this is total b.s.!

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

*walking away from capital building on jan 6th* this stinks! this is total b.s.!

Where's my ballot? Where's my-- SOMEBODY STOLE MY BALLOT!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Uggghhhhjjhhhjhhhh

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bulldog gets fired for on-air sexual harassment of coworkers and starts one of the most successful podcasts ever

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mercy

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Looking forward to Rodney inexplicably having a really bad Mancunian accent.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

don't have the patience to make this properly - someone good at computer please make my dream a reality

https://twitter.com/RobotCarlyle/status/1622706187752947717

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

From the writing team that bought you Life in Pieces and Drive: Chris Harris on Cars in 2012.

Plus Rodney's continued casting in anything is a mystery. He has the comedic delivery of a potato. Rodney was his role and he should never have moved on.

Kelsey is going to be doing some serious heavy lifting. Probably to much for this to be any good

Edit:
How the gently caress did Chris Harris pull this off. Look at his IMDB page

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1219851/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

This cannot be the same person that is producing Frasier, right?

Illuminti fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 7, 2023

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Revisiting the Greek cousins would be better at this point, perhaps. In any case I hope we see some more bouzouki dancing by Kelsey

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There is an excellent short form comedy show from the past few years that is about being a self important pretentious old reptile called The Kominsky Method and that's what I'm going to compare this show to and judge it accordingly

Still love regular Frasier though. What's a good episode from the last season I should rewatch?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Still love regular Frasier though. What's a good episode from the last season I should rewatch?

Bangers from season 11:

A Man, a Plan and a Gal: Julia
The Doctor is Out
Maris Returns
Murder, Most Maris
Guns N Neuroses
High Holidays
And Frasier Makes Three
Detour
Crock Tales
Goodnight, Seattle

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man this concept sounds like ratshit, if the writing is good enough maybe they can pull it off

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel especially qualified as a recovering Sonic fan to tell you that your 90s nostalgia will easily betray you in the worst possible ways

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He he no way man MTV's Kennedy will always be sticking it to The Man and this Internet thing is gonna make everyone so smart

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/MichaelMalvesti/status/1631720890017918976?t=r9oVfbSCReqoNyDpUGWYvA&s=19

So there will be funny scenes!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I like the episode You Can Go Home Again except for one thing- the whole episode is told in flashback to before the beginning of season 1 but they didn’t give Kelsey his hockey hair from that season. A shrewd move, but cowardly, and definitely pulls me out of the suspension of disbelief that it really happened 3 years prior.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Illuminti posted:

Edit:
How the gently caress did Chris Harris pull this off. Look at his IMDB page

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1219851/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

This cannot be the same person that is producing Frasier, right?

imagine a sack so full of money its hard to lift and carry

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

EEKA GEEK posted:

I like the episode You Can Go Home Again except for one thing- the whole episode is told in flashback to before the beginning of season 1 but they didn’t give Kelsey his hockey hair from that season. A shrewd move, but cowardly, and definitely pulls me out of the suspension of disbelief that it really happened 3 years prior.

They tried that in the penultimate episode with very mixed results. I'm not sure if it was a meta joke that the wigs were so bad.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Sir Lemming posted:

They tried that in the penultimate episode with very mixed results. I'm not sure if it was a meta joke that the wigs were so bad.

Timby posted:

Crock Tales

Very strange episode, not sure what was going on there

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
With that name I'm expecting Frasier's triplet nephews to show up.

...okay why am I picturing Frasier and Niles meeting Scrooge McDuck and inevitable shenanigans, and also Scrooge and Maris go way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1632536596028313601?t=MOKMNcRXjnY4ZcND13Q9sA&s=19