Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The reason it was funny is because the White House has always been full of incompetent and sleazy people. That's not the problem. It's more that the comedy was rooted in DC bureaucracy and the basic functions of government, and the current administration is throwing it out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Red Oktober posted:

He follows an interesting set of people:

@PUA_DATING_TIPS ‏
@GWARofficial ‏
@MissAmericaOrg ‏
@MLP_officiel ‏
@chrisbrown ‏
@neilstrauss ‏(Author of The Truth, The Dirt, The Game, and other books beginning with The.)
and worst of all, @BatmanvSuperman ‏

Also Killswitch Engage and Kid Rock

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"I am odious to those across all colors of the spectrum"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jonah would totally be into NS black metal bands for years without realizing what they stood for

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

White House Press Secretary sounds like it would be the worst job in the world. Especially in this era of Trump. Did the things the Obama Press Secretaries say make as bigger headlines as the current guy?

No, because they didn't gently caress up worse than Mike and they weren't tasked with making a completely insane administration palatable

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Lots of good stuff. Richard never masturbated and Jonah didn't hit puberty till 19.

"Me too!" is the line read of the season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Popelmon posted:

All you Splett fans NEED to watch Detroiters. Sam Richardson is so funny in it.

As someone from the area who loves Richard I tried and found it painfully unfunny after three episodes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This show has the deepest bench on tv and y'all are worried about Selina's likability, idgi

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think they bumped it for the Leftovers finale and so it could get on the same schedule as Silicon Valley

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

Jonah's head violently hitting the ceiling repeatably is funnier than it should be.

They went for the Sideshow Bob Rakes effect

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

Jonah vs. Selina! Are they the same party? Is this going to be a primary battle or a presidential battle?

Or is Selina going to be Jonah's VP?

Either way, it looks like the show runners know they don't have too many seasons left, and they are going to give some awesome fan service on the way out.

Since Montez will presumably seek reelection I would expect it's a primary battle.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GigaPeon posted:

Is it just me being sensitive, or should they tone down the "Selina says mean things offhandedly to Catherine" stuff? It's like they ramped to Family Guy/Meg proportions this year.

Same with Furlong and Will. Many of my favorite lines in the show come from them but it became repetitive having that once an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That's about the right number of seasons for a comedy

• Locked thread