Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

So, I have to have purchased the original game via GOG in order to buy the DLC from there? I only have the base game, which I purchased via Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Toozler posted:

So, I have to have purchased the original game via GOG in order to buy the DLC from there? I only have the base game, which I purchased via Steam.

Lol, nevermind, Steam has the exact same discounts. Thanks for nothin GOG

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Waroduce posted:

how do you judge if someone will be +/- 90ish range at a low level

The FilthyRobot (Twitch/YouTube) rule is you add 20 to the level 1 stat and add 5 for every star. So a bro with 3 MAtkstars at 55 can expect to get up to around 90 MAtk.

20 from 10 levels averaging 2 pts each if you pump it every level. So yeah, you do have to put in the 1s and 2s for this to be accurate.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Looking at getting the Bounty Hunter or Cartographer. Any comment on which is better?

I have the Drill Sergeant, Scavenger and Recruiter so far.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

That noble in a stam neutral build is not ‘niche’ he’s a 97-47 monster before gifted who will top damage in every fight and never die. Lol, niche. Stick to your fearsome overwhelms for niche

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Putting two heavy javelins directly into a chosen dude’s chest for his whole hp bar is still most reliable way to get those morale drops. IMO.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

I guess you need meme builds when you don't level Melee Defense on your bros, makes sense now

8 Ball posted:

When people talk about having multiple sergeants is that just bros with the rally perk?

Yep. With banner/sash as well

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

That's basically what spears and swords are, right? Great early just to hit folks then pretty much garbo once 2-handers come on line

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

On perks; I give archers the following (not necessarily in this order):

Student
Fast adaptation
Crippling strikes
Executioner
Bow mastery
Footwork
Nimble
Berserk
Killing frenzy
Recover
Gifted or colossus depending on the starting stats of the bro.

I really don’t want to cut any of those. Possibly I could cut recover but I do tend to use it - 3 quick shots per turn add up - and if i did cut it I’d be more likely to take pathfinder than bullseye.

Rofl. If you're a new player please don't follow anything posted by above

e: Sorry, too crass. I'm all for playing how you want to and having fun, but don't post lists like this as the 'true archer build' or whatever because there's some serious garbo in there

Toozler fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 6, 2020

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

No, they changed the legendary location fights to ignore any external armies

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Nah bro, getting 210 armor in the store for 2-2.4K is a great buy and jumpstarts the leap from full bandit armor to crisis-ready bros

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Megasabin posted:

As an aside, why does the game not let you modify inventory right before starting a battle. It is SO annoying when I forget to switch out my armor-hunting knives for primary weapons and I start the battle at a huge AP disadvantage.

There is a setting for this somewhere, at work but it looks like this

https://twitter.com/OverhypeStudios/status/857209449307668481/photo/1

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Genghis Cohen posted:

I am trying to work in a quick hands whip/cleaver duellist or allocate that job to a high-MAttk shield bro. Would you say the difference is enough to make it worth dropping your cleaver when facing ancient dead and using a spare 1h mace? I do think cleavers give good results vs necrosavants, wiedergangers despite the lack of bleed.

I have used whip/cleaver generalists to great effect; disarm is just so strong and the ability to swap to 2H cleaver for 2 attacks (or 3 with berserk) pumps out serious damage vs unarmored enemies, as others have stated. Unholds in particular. Vs ancient undead they typically would disarm backrow pike guys while I took them out with reach weapons then clean up with the 2H cleaver. I would run a couple of them in most fights. Disarm just too good, though this was before the nerf. Typical build (pasted from filthyrobot spreadsheet):

Colossus
Gifted
Quick Hands
Cleaver Spec
Recover
Battleforged | Nimble
Underdog
Brawny | Killing Frenzy
Berserk for AP
Killing Frenzy | Backstabber

e: just saw you mentioned cleaver duelist specifically. Like Bude said I don't think you can introduce new perks to a duelist build very well, they need every perk they can get. The whip with 2H cleaver above was terrific though

Toozler fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 22, 2021

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Kite shields are fine if that's all you have, just know the benefits of each type.
Taunt owns.
Level MAtk and MDef every level for bros that use them. They are by far the most important stats.
Overwhelm can be useful (archers, daggers) but Fearsome is a meme trap.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

I quit building archers proper and just build javelin throwers now. Two Lvl 11 Duelist throwers with Adrenaline and barbarian weapons just straight delete Chosen, kill 3 goblins a turn, and get the morale break chain rolling versus orcs. Use throwing axes versus ancient undead.

Only time I miss bows is versus Hexen, which are basically pointless to fight and you can just ignore for the entirety of the game. Along with Lindwurms and Schrats.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

tomanton posted:

Do armorers sell named shields? Can "legendary piece of armor" tavern rumours be shields or is it armor only? My map is bad but I've been stuck on this ambition for, like, ever

I do not recall ever seeing a shield in a store, or getting one from a tavern rumor. I'd recommend Bounty Hunter and Orc camps and :pray:

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

One thing I always wondered.

If you kill a zombie and it gets necro raised and then you kill it again is that 1 chunk of xp or two?

Killing a risen zombie gives exactly 1 xp.

Source: internet

You can delete your BB infinite xp farm scripts

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Favorite guide to Monolith

https://youtu.be/EXQXRtJNc7I

Basic dudes and gear. Though Ijirok armor is pretty key

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Certainly you have had a better bro than 85 Matk 25 MDef, which is what that guy is. One guy does look like 90/40, which is elite I’d say.

The tanks are like 45 MDef which is good but see a handful of per run. I mean it is the final fight in the game, not unrealistic to have some good bros and items from the other legendary locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

tithin posted:

Any good LPs for the game?

FilthyRobot is probably the "classic" BB streamer, he has several seasons on Youtube, here is a recent one. I find them entertaining, though he pretty rigidly sticks to what he likes for builds, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQFX9B_9L4-mJDlbl5z-eNvLu7L3jPBuD