Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Jaymes Mansfield is in a position that always bums me out: she's out of her league and she's 100% aware of the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I need even closer shots of Valentina's eyebrows, they're even more fussed over than Sasha's. Her smile is uncanny valley perfect and it kind of scares me. Out of makeup, she's Cool Cat from Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

Also: I love that Jello Biafra has turned into Fred Schneider and Fred Schneider has turned into Jello Biafra.

Katya's the best because her influences are 100% outside of typical drag influences and gay culture just in general.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo, watch Kimora in the background during the double death drop - she just tumbles and it's so breathtakingly loving dreadful. I kind of love it.

Noise Machine posted:

I desperately want Shea Coulee's eyeball patch to be a Residents reference but I know it's probably not.
New album rules, by the by. :getin:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 10, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I had no idea there were so many Kardashians, I have no idea what makes everyone so mad about Meghan Trainor above any other pop star guest judge (minus Gaga who nailed everything), I'm wearing a 760 High Desert area code hat and I just want Nina to take all of that bitterness and turn it into gently caress You spite that drives her into the top 3.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Denis O'Hare looks like he's auditioning to be the singer of Cake. And I wish someone said the gay cat coughed up a Truvada.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It reminds me of my personal favorite, UNHhhh but every time katya laughs that clip of trixie falling plays

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I think the jokes were weirdly a little more high-brow instead of the usual dick jokes. Heady dick jokes. You don't usually hear the word "Teutonic" thrown around on Drag Race.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 2, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Scuttlebutt is that the next episode will be a comedy challenge. I can see Farrah and Nina being bottom if that's the case, possibly Sasha.
I feel like Sasha's quite funny, but a little too self-consciously high-brow. She probably looks down on going really broad and that's gonna sink her. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't think fart jokes were funny.

I'm fully on the Shea train at this point with Valentina and probably Trinity rounding out top 3. I'm not much for pageant queens, but Trinity gives me Chad Michaels vibes - she's a professional.

RuPaul threatening to beat the gently caress out of Farrah for being born in 1993 was the best.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 6, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I have to say, RuPaul thanking Michelle for laughing at her joke had me rolling.
I think at least half the episodes this season have featured a moment when Rupaul doesn't land a joke during the runway and I love it.

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

What in the gently caress?!?!
I KNOW. A LEGIT FUNNY SKETCH?!

The cliffhanger bit loving killed me dead.

EDIT: Ru's send-off line to Valentina was a stone cold knife in the chest. Brutal.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 20, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy moly the makeup/prosthetic work on that bunny makeup is hands down the worst makeup ever on the show. That's some Captain Spaulding Devil's Rejects poo poo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Honestly I wanted to give Shea the crown based solely on the camera panning over to her during 9021-Ho and she was doing this:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 29, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

UNHhhh forever.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nihonniboku posted:

Also, there's the fact that had Cynthia stayed more than a couple of episodes last season, people would have gotten tired of her cucu pretty quickly, and Miss Congeniality would have ended up going to ChiChi.
At least she'll murder All Stars 3.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

"Sasha's rainbow outfit is so basic…*comes out in a rainbow stripped pantsuit*" :laffo: forever.
Alexis Michelle is like Roxxxy Andrews if Roxxxy was bad at her job. She even fucks up the pageant-y mind games.

EDIT: HAHAHA RuPaul bringing up Liza Minelli because clearly that's the only thing RuPaul remembers about Alexis.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 4, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I would have taken Alaska's freakout with a little more stride if not for the fact that she smuggled in a cell phone and proceeded to leak as much AS2 info as humanly possible, down to the final 3/who left in what order/Adore Leaving/etc.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oh yeah, Kimora Black was on the show.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 17, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Am I just legit old and out of touch with how social media works? I feel like this is just intentionally clogging up everyone else's feed with roses instead of snakes. She might have addressed the situation on the reunion and through this, but at no point has she told her fans to actually stop harassing the other queens.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

caligulamprey posted:

Am I just legit old and out of touch with how social media works?

Goddamn, I expect Valentina to come out onstage during her next performance as the mom from Santa Sangre. And I guarantee you Valentina has seen Santa Sangre and loves it.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 19, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

This might be me letting my :tinfoil: Debate and Discussion self shine through, but does anyone else kinda see the rose thing as a low-key threat?
She's weilding her fanbase like a weapon. She could tell her fans to stop and honestly they probably wouldn't, but the fact that she won't say stop is pretty loving telling.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I kind of love it in a way. Hardcore supervillain poo poo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm fine and happy with a Sasha win, but it's all personal tastes: I like my queens a little messy, dirty and dangerous. The other three queens were willing to go to those places, but Sasha's pure class. I can fully appreciate that (For fuckssake, I have a Residents avatar, you know I'm neck-deep into that artfaggotry bullshit), but can't love it entirely. Gotta have equal amounts John Waters as Stanley Kubrick for me.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 26, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Of course the Mimi/Farrah thing was real. Working security is Mimi's paying gig.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want Chi Chi to win.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hey Qween gets a pass because this is the greatest thing I've ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-uBqIvW7Fk

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

RuPaul's cameo in the new season of BoJack Horseman as the Ant Queen is magnificent.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm super stoked for more Chi Chi. :dance:

When S6 aired my thought about Milk was DICK she needed a couple years of polishing, so I'm curious to see where she is now.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I was a little bleh on them
Is that because you are a Dracula?

Just finished Dragula in one shot. Man, Foxy went in on Melissa during the last supper and it was aaaaaaaaamazing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

When I saw Christeene, she stuck her thumb in my mouth and asked me what my favorite kind of eggs were. Heads up: apparently scrambled is the wrong answer.

I just saw Phantom Thread, and man, I wish I had access to shadebutton.com the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you have Amazon Prime, they did an overhaul of Dragula Season 1. Smoothed out the audio (its biggest problem), added more footage, it's well worth checking out.

• Locked thread