Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i wanted to edit a picture so i installed the gimp. not a smart move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I installed Inkscape as I needed to do a vector at work and they haven't bought me an Illustrator license.

I mean I got it done but. Ugh.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Bloody posted:

i wanted to edit a picture so i installed the gimp. not a smart move

gimp is good. change it to single window mode and enjoy :cheerdoge:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
op, have u tried inkscape?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Gimp + Inkscape combo user here. Roll in Audacity and KDENLIVE to round out my FOSS creative suite. Bravo, and Goldmine.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

paint shop pro 7 supremacy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
very problematic

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
gimp is maybe photoshop-ish?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

last time i tried using inkscape on a mac it required u to download this x server nonsense

the window would also disappear if a second monitor was plugged in

it's bad

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
take your computer into the backyard and burn it then bury the ashes at least 2m underground. sorry but it's the only way now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

akadajet posted:

last time i tried using inkscape on a mac it required u to download this x server nonsense

it's bad

Sounds to me like your operating system is a piece of poo poo. Works perfectly and is a joy to use on Ubuntu GNOME in the office, and Fedora GNOME at home. =)

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i haven't used inkscape on a macintosh but i have used it in windows and it is very good!

gimp is garbage on every platform tho. sorry for your bad choices, op.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
work supplies me with an adobe cc license & it's good

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
goongrats on your powerful new image editing suite op

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

work supplies me with an adobe cc license & it's good

same, but I pay for it myself now

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

akadajet posted:

it's bad

you want seashore, which is mac ui with gimp innards. not entirely terrible.

http://seashore.sourceforge.net/The_Seashore_Project/About.html

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you have a mac just get pixelmator or affinity designer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

if you have a mac just get pixelmator or affinity designer

i'm polyshitosamorus

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
please don't kinkshame tia

pram
Jun 10, 2001
some people, when faced with a problem, think 'i know, ill install gimp' ... now they have more than two problems. way more. first of all, youre bloody so. thats like a couple thousand problems in and of itself. hth

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i made a poster in gimp and inkscape and they loving had it printed out at an actual printing press it's my crowning achievement i have a copy framed in one of my toilets

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

i made a poster in gimp and inkscape and they loving had it printed out at an actual printing press it's my crowning achievement i have a copy framed in one of my toilets

take a pic of it and post it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

akadajet posted:

take a pic of it and post it

i almost did but it would pretty much doxx me and I don't want anyone to know I'm Tori CMOS.

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
> window > single window mode

makes it more tolerable

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Gump :smugmrgw:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i use gimp but only on a linux

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

gimp is not only the name of the software but also the perfect description of the people who use it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

some people, when faced with a problem, think 'i know, ill install gimp' ... now they have more than two problems. way more. first of all, youre bloody so. thats like a couple thousand problems in and of itself. hth

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

pram posted:

1000s...

gimp ate his balls

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Gimp still works (for certain values of works) when no internet available for 30+ days.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
was making this dumb thing

since every time i open gimp they've changed the interface twenty loving times i had to spend 30 minutes zoomed in on leonardo's dick figuring out how to draw a speedo

burning swine
May 26, 2004

opened gimp today for the first time in ages

it created the toolbox on the far left side of the left monitor, the other toolbox on the far right side of the right monitor, and the main window floating halfway between the two

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
gimp is unusable on macos because all of the toolboxes disappear as soon as you open a file

burning swine
May 26, 2004

gtk framework is a joke on every platform

burning swine
May 26, 2004

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

gtk framework is a joke on every platform

its extremely bad, instead of good. thats the problem

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

opened gimp today for the first time in ages

it created the toolbox on the far left side of the left monitor, the other toolbox on the far right side of the right monitor, and the main window floating halfway between the two

turn on single window mode hth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my goth gf posted:

gimp is unusable on macos because all of the toolboxes disappear as soon as you open a file

turn on single window mode hth x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's the worst of every world

• Locked thread