Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Scopes don't seem to work for me. My guy just zooms a little maybe 1.1 even with a x8 scope. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Click the mouse, don't hold.

Thanks! Made it to spot 19 with 5 kills with a holo saiga and your tip 👍

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm getting sick of every round ending with tree and hill peaking, they need to get some actual soft cover and variety in the map.

Yeah landscape is barren, it's pretty sad.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hadn't seen it posted so ...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=891838252

quote:

Open the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditorEngine.ini

and add this

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Tells you how to have a higher FOV in 3rd person. It has done two things for me:

1. made my FPS smooth as gently caress (1070 at 1440p on all low practically)
2. made me much better at killing dudes.

Highly recommend this. You will not get banned, I'm told by the interwebs the devs said on a stream that it's okay.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

I tried this, but I didn't like it. I could barely see anything when zooming in with a scope, and it pulls the FOV back a bit too far.

Sorry I should have mentioned that. Apparently it depends on your resolution.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Watching some of these sperglord streams, they seem to stay out in the force field so god drat long to gear up in remote corners, then they just heal up with bandages and poo poo while standing in the force field. By the time they make it to the white circle, it's down to 30-40 people and they're all decked out.

Perestroika posted:

Just tried this, and it gave me a huge boost to FPS as well. Before, I'd be at about 40-50 FPS most of the time, slipping below 30 in busy areas. With this, it's 60 FPS almost all the time, and even in the busier places it doesn't drop below 40. I'm ambivalent about the actual FoV change since the lack of zoom does hurt at times, but it's worth it for the performance increase alone.

Yeah it did the same for me, results seem to vary for people.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Player unknown said they would be adding both new maps and also the ability to shoot through thin walls.

Maybe a smaller map with more melee, handguns, and grenades and no ARs.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Said by every game that is rampant with hackers ever. I'm not saying this definitely won't be the case but I will believe it when I see this game with less cheats.

They use battleeye I think. It catches a lot of garbage, like enough to dissuade people from using public and free cheats.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Here's a dumb idea for a different game mode. The closer you are to the center of the white circle, the more "points' you get per tick (can be 10 seconds or whatever). Thoughts?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Akion posted:

I don't think all the cosmetics you can pick up also drop from crates. I know there's a version of the trench coat that doesn't.

Yeah the camel one, it's badass bro. I'd buy that for a dollar.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Hey as long as guys can't instantly resurrect, force your character to commit suicide, drop artillery strikes anywhere on the map or teleport every single player into some arbitrary location on the map the game is already above and beyond the standards set by the ARMA engine.

Obviously there's going to be cheating because it's a shooter where people get invested in the game and cheaters can get people to "rage" but I mean, so far the dev team seems to be really on top of poo poo and cautiously optimistic about their ability to keep this game crazy fun. At the very least they give a poo poo, and that's pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZ06qDSkJY teleport + lag switch + aimbot

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So for what it's worth, these cheaters are developing their own private hacks like the one from the video. There is a consensus among them that it's not worth their time/effort to release public cheats because battleye is apparently pretty good at staying on top of poo poo.

The only things they're sharing are bits of code here and there but I didn't see any .exe prepackaged ready-to-go cheats. In fact they're pretty hostile to people asking "how do you do this?"

Also the most interesting I read from one cheat developer was that apparently there are no LODs for any of the object meshes which is probably why the game is so taxing on resources.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Das Butterbrot posted:

What's your point? Of course SKSdude has a huge advantage at range, but it's exactly the other way round when you surprise him. That's where the tactical fun comes in - how do you get from where you are with your Uzi to where you just heard the guy shooting an SKS without being spotted?

I just lost a game where I had a decked out micro uzi to a guy with an SKS. But it's not what you think. I was at half health and I couldn't use any healing items, it just wouldn't loving work and I got shot in the head peeking a window (lvl 3 helmet didn't help).

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I wish I had shadowplay running. I'm decked out with great gear, about 20 people left and I'm on a bike escaping the blue zone. A dacia comes out of nowhere and starts chasing me. I hit a pebble and my bike flips and tosses me off. The dacia driver is coming at me full speed and he switches to the passenger seat. The dacia DRIFTS on its side and he two shots me with the s686 before I can even react.

I wasn't even mad.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Is there a difference between -useallavailablecores and -threads 'whatever many threads your CPU is running'?

Also my friend is having trouble with loading houses and poo poo when we are dropping, making early combat a no no when we are duo'ing. Any ideas to improve it for him? He is running some early gen quad core I think (haven't asked), 970, 8g ram and unfortunately no SSD. So I think his system should be able to do it, unless the lack of an SSD is really that big of an issue.

It's definitely the ssd sorry 😐

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Everyone drops on Pochinki though. Yasmaya still has the "oh it's lag city dont go there" so only a few groups drop there, but Pochinki and to a lesser extent Rozhok get hit pretty hard

Agreed 100%. It's almost always school or Yasnaya for me. School is contested 9 times out of 10 whereas there have been times that I've been able to loot all of Yasnaya by myself.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

For another 7.62 gun I say the galil.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Nice piece of fish posted:

Surprised it took you even that many.

Because he's pro or because you think it's easy to win squad games solo?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

15+ years as a computer janitor and I tweak my TCP packet size every morning manually to adjust for network traffic in my zip code. I also use gold plated Cat7 cable to hook up my router to my rear end.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bardeh posted:

Every server I tried after this reset has been crapping out on me :(

Yeah I never had a smooth game. All the clips and streams you guys keep posting, meanwhile it takes a good second or two for doors to open for me. Getting into cars is always a guessing game of "Did I actually press the key to enter?" so I press it again after three seconds and it just hops in and out immediately and some dick bag kills me while I'm struggling because gently caress me.

Watching those twitch clips of Grimmz and I'm wondering how the gently caress is everything so responsive for him.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

AEMINAL posted:

Man it feels good to be a player!

First ever alive bicken dinner!

Did you know your computer allows you to take pictures of what's on the screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Man first person owns bones. The final few circles are all about sound. Love it.

• Locked thread