Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I find the more active my rounds are the more fun I have, so I don't mind playing from ahead or behind so to speak. The stakes are so high that every engagement is pretty thrilling.

I have total confidence in PU, as he created the genre, has probably watched more games and looked at more data than anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

a glitch posted:

Is this worth buying for someone who hasn't played this kind of game before? Closest thing I've done would be loving around in Minecraft and ARK. The concept seems really cool but it would be a totally new kind of game for me.

Yes. Be patient and you'll have a blast.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Harminoff posted:

So I preordered this as I figured it would be a good investment to spend the extra $10 and sell the skins. I don't know much about the marketplace but the items are going for over $70. Should I hold out on selling these or nah?

If you can actually get that kind of money right now, why wait?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The game is dope. From concept down to execution, and it's gonna get better and better. So many different ways to approach gameplay, there's truly something for everyone.

Like Vulgar mentioned, my only complaint is certain segments of the map take a lot of the fun and 'skill' out of it.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I love how every gun is​ viable. Like was mentioned earlier, shotgun with choke is a drat rail gun and very rewarding. Submachine guns are so fun to use, and I love the corny running animation.

The assault rifles feel very diverse to me even in the same caliber (I cannot control the scar for the life of me).

I'll stop with the platitudes sometime in the next week I promise.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

busb posted:

Did... Did i just get "well actually"d out of my opinion???

By a loving white male on top of it.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
My whole squad got wiped in a Dacia by a bomb yesterday.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Patch notes:

quote:

Players,

Before we move onto what has changed in this week's two patches, I want to briefly talk about the reports of cheating within our game. Before we moved to early access, our core focus was on adding all the needed systems into the game. Now that this is mostly complete, we are focused on optimizing performance, and increasing security to ensure everyone plays fair. 

This is not a simple task, as tackling cheaters is a constant battle, but we are confident that over the coming weeks and months we can implement new measures to make it harder to cheat in the game. This week alone we closed two major holes that allowed current cheats access to the game, and as we move further through Early Access we will continue to track down and further secure the game from those that don't want to play fair.

As with all games, talk of cheating is discouraged and will be removed from our public facing community forums, not to try to hide it from players, but rather to ensure that those that cheat get no exposure to the public, which is something most of them desire! We hope you understand this point, and bear with us as we work to clean up the game.

Finally, in case you missed our announcement on Twitter, we have identified the cause of lag seen on the servers lately and are working on getting it resolved. This issue is not an easy fix, as it involves changes to the core engine code, and will take us some time to complete. We have no ETA on when this will be resolved just yet, so we ask for your patience while we fix the problem.

Now onto what we have updated. These patch notes cover both updates pushed during this week.

This patch will be deployed for both clients and servers Thursday, April 13, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Config Changes

Fixed configuration files (ini) so that it cannot be used to hide trees, grass, etc.

Prevented adjusting the FOV by changing the game settings file (ini).

FOV will be adjustable from the settings menu in-game in a future update.

Sound 

Fixed an issue with door sounds playing at low volume

Adjusted volume of wind, rain, and footsteps

Improved the sounds for the buggy 

When in rainy weather, you will now sporadically hear thunder sounds

Bug Fixes

Added more support for non-standard aspect ratios. The game will now display at the correct FOV on aspect ratios ranging from 4:3 to 21:9. Multi-monitor environments such as Eyefinity are not recommended at this time.

Fixed an issue with the compass direction not displaying correctly

See you in-game,

PLAYERUNKNOWN

Kind of a bummer, since an fov tweak in that ini improved my fps a lot....

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

3rd person was such a perplexingly stupid decision for this game.

It's a holdover from the DayZ/Arma mod days. I don't mind it really, it is what it is.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lmao. That's amazing Jones, who was it?

My favorite part of the DayZ SA drama was rocket and his pops going to climb Everest for 2 months like two weeks after the game released to EA.

While this game built off of sensations first experienced in the DayZ mod, the similarities end there. At least with regard to how the development is going to go. I'm not worried at all about this game becoming better and better. If youve built your PC in the last 4-5 years you're gonna be fine.

Also don't be an autist.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

aniviron posted:

If you can find a stock, mag, and muzzle, the Uzi stays great throughout the game. Had a team sneak up on us in the last dozen people the other night and I killed three off one mag in a couple seconds at close range; my surviving teammate was telling me to take cover so he could hunt the rest down not understanding that the Uzi had sprayed them all down that fast.

poo poo man I think that was my friends and I. I learnt about the mac10 that night.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
So many crybabies. Play better.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I have no gripes with weapon balance at this time. Also thanks to whoever posted that FPSrussia video earlier, I had forgotten about that guy. I wonder what really happened to him?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Besides Rocket being Rocket, why did he disable server logging? A spiteful act against ppl messing with his vision?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I guess you gotta give to get, so to speak.

1 hour 20 min till patch.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Paradigmata posted:

New loot table is an important step towards a more competitive and interesting game for everyone.

I agree completely. The hard times make for more fun.

Weed baby driver and I had a really fun fight yesterday where each of us only had one mag, we killed the other dup but needed to run off when a second group appeared. Had my blood pumping.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

All vehicles in this game are beautiful and good.

For real, slam that Dacia, 2" spacers and a lil camber and you're in business.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

jonathan posted:

So is calling someone a fucboi a way for people to call someone a fag without worrying about being criticized for anti-gay remarks ?

Google search seems to offer two definitions, one being similar to "swagfags" from a few years ago, and the other being a grey area insult. Reason I ask is that lirik guy using the term "fucboi hut" in that killing spree stream from the other day.

Call your local aclu affiliate and find out for us.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Hra Mormo posted:

DrDisrespect has a decent gimmick but his execution of it is just terrible. It's so awkward every clip I see it looks like it's the first day he's ever done it.

I watch streams sometimes on weekdays for a few minutes, if lirik is off, I tune into doc's stream and I find it pretty fun. If you're not in the mood for it, it will definitely annoy you tho.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

eSporks posted:

If your standard is lirik you will probably put up with anything.

Lol, oh boy.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Badfinger posted:

I watched him after he got linked in the channel assuming something funny or interesting would eventually happen, but he's just a dude that's lovely to the people he's playing with, against, and to his viewers. It's not a shtick, it's an excuse. I'm an old man too angry at garbage that makes the world worse getting a pass, or worse actively praised, to let it go uncommented.

I also, am still with her.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
FAKE NEWS

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
This ain't no battlefield.

S12k with ext mag and compensator, holy hell so fun.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Thread rules, this game rules.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I'm very happy with the new patch. And I also want to say to the chain link fence guy, you're not the only one haha.

Got pwned by it myself today.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Did anyone in this thread get partnered? Share your links so we can support you.

edit- whats the current go to list of launch options? Is the OP up to date?

always be closing fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 3, 2017

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Now that the twitch prime loot is tradeable, what's the play, sell them now or hold on to them?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Party at WeedBabyGoku420xxx's house with ovee and owenator.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

First person chicken dinners is like winning for the first time. So much more tense. Gotta keep chasing that high man.

Totally. A friend and I won a wild duo this morning, what a rush.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Any Xbox news?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Did PU have anything to say at the Xbox panel?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I can spot targets now, I just need to work on my ranging and leading. Maybe in another 25 hours I'll get the hang of it...

Errors in execution are forgiveable. But errors in philosophy are unacceptable.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I think it all depends on you. I personally value it over all other secondaries.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Quite the appropriate av.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Who's beagle?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Paying homage to inspiration is copying these days lol. Pubg is unoriginal. This thread constantly delivers.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

I definitely did. Went from 70 to over a hundred.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Played a ton of games today with a few goons, we were perennial top tens, it was a ton of fun. South Georgie drops were really good to us.

We did get burst down by what had to be a hacker in one of the games though. I think Tonetta was able to capture the sequence.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Do The Evolution posted:

Was he full-autoing an M16? One of my friends showed me the other day that he has a macro to do that. I guess it's not technically cheating.

He was, he had a nice line of sight on us, and a Chinese name, target acquisitionition was unreal. We've all shot rapid fire with the m16, but I don't really buy it at 150+meters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

I got killed by some guy bunny hopping with M16 bursts, it was the single indication of 'jesus that guy has got to be hacking' I've seen thus far.

https://streamable.com/l6us0

drat that's hosed up. I like how after you are downed he's still firing through the hill at your location.

• Locked thread