Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's not a very good collaboration anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kuros posted:

Anyone have a guide to the 7x6 strat for Rikuu ranking?

I don't know exactly what the top ranking strats used, but I will point out that Dark Ideal @ Awoken Angel Luci buttons Zeus cleanly, wave 1 and 7 get buttoned by a lot of AoEs, a 200x dark attribute nuke from a ~3700 attack dragon buttons wave 2, and Brachydios/Grimmjow button wave 3 with a lot of things (Brachydios active only needs 1430ish attack).

So there's realistically 5 buttonable waves, but I'm not sure it's actually possible to button all 5. With an Ideal@Luci partner I could definitely button 4 waves, at which point I think I could compete for a crown.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ultima66 posted:

I don't know exactly what the top ranking strats used, but I will point out that Dark Ideal @ Awoken Angel Luci buttons Zeus cleanly, wave 1 and 7 get buttoned by a lot of AoEs, a 200x dark attribute nuke from a ~3700 attack dragon buttons wave 2, and Brachydios/Grimmjow button wave 3 with a lot of things (Brachydios active only needs 1430ish attack).

So there's realistically 5 buttonable waves, but I'm not sure it's actually possible to button all 5. With an Ideal@Luci partner I could definitely button 4 waves, at which point I think I could compete for a crown.
It's apparently possible to button six waves, per this dude on the PAD discord:

The ways to button Vulcan specifically are D.Ideal+Awoken Luci or Brachydios (or Satan if you don't care about your HP afterwards, which also sets up Grimmjow), plus there's other stuff like Durga that goes off attack. I don't even know which waves were buttoned, but I bet it was 1-3 and 5-7 because nothing else makes sense - 4 and 8-10 are all too beefy.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Heh my 4% from yesterday is already a 5.6%. NA is killing the JP cut off.

^ Dark is super legit.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's apparently possible to button six waves, per this dude on the PAD discord:

The ways to button Vulcan specifically are D.Ideal+Awoken Luci or Brachydios (or Satan if you don't care about your HP afterwards, which also sets up Grimmjow), plus there's other stuff like Durga that goes off attack. I don't even know which waves were buttoned, but I bet it was 1-3 and 5-7 because nothing else makes sense - 4 and 8-10 are all too beefy.

I could build this team or something close to it depending on inherits.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kuros posted:

I could build this team or something close to it depending on inherits.
I don't know what the full team is, but I can guess given the other six buttons I've seen:

Brachy inherit is for stats because it's got the nuke active
Whale/Drake just inherit whatever nukes ya got that run on ATK because they get the dragon boosts and you use them on the lesser waves that don't need the full 8m+

(I know Grimmjow and Vritra combo well with Satan as long as you don't die to the preemptives, but you knew that too.)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 13, 2018

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Am I gonna get any value out of max skill whaledor beyond ranking dungeons? Being able to inherit things on him seems so crucial, but I don't know where else I'd use him (I rarely co-op)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nah, ranking dungeons and weird coop pushbutton strats are pretty much it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Oh I just realized, if you inherit a "team combined color attack" nuke onto Ilmina it works, because I was wracking my brain trying to figure out how the hell you get Ilmina to nuke any of the waves with her not being a dragon. Not sure which ones are fast cooldown though, because the only one I know off the top of my head is Nergi Hunter at 20 turns and that's really slow.

Either way is there anyone I can add with Ideal@Luci because I'd really like to try to do this the right way...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, I lied. This is the real max number of waves you can button:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, I lied. This is the real max number of waves you can button:

:lol:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
(That team had around four million HP, so even Kagu left them with 40k and also a counterattack active - I assume an inherited Vivi - oneshots Kagu there)

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Hexazeon is a real motherfucker. 6 of each drop except the green augite. Still haven't been able to evolve one. Thanks for making the evo mats 100mp, GungHo!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well, they do all skill him up at least iirc so at least the dupes are worth something to you

also skyfalling on zues so much that you go over his damage void is a real frustrating experience, gotta say

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

What I have: ZeusVerse, Shazel, Tsubaki x2, Whaledor, Kiri... Avalon Drake, Attackerasu, shields and other heals etc
What I don't have: an idea where to start putting them together and who gets inherited on what etc

EU servers are still alive for some reason, btw

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Battle Pigeon posted:

What I have: ZeusVerse, Shazel, Tsubaki x2, Whaledor, Kiri... Avalon Drake, Attackerasu, shields and other heals etc
That's pretty much the entire thing, then. Heal inherits on three things (full heal for Kagu, or a full shield or fire null to prevent it, multiple-of-RCV heals on dragons work for the other two preemptives), a bicolor board for Vulcan, and match exactly four red orbs and no other combos for Rikuu proper. What's not to get?

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Got to figure out when inherits would be ready-not all of my cards are max skilled-who would get what inherit, and there was talk about killer latents, so thought they needed to be factored in or carefully added on to certain cards. I also haven't run the dungeon yet so not familiar with how many matches per floor works for my team.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Battle Pigeon posted:

Got to figure out when inherits would be ready-not all of my cards are max skilled-who would get what inherit, and there was talk about killer latents, so thought they needed to be factored in or carefully added on to certain cards. I also haven't run the dungeon yet so not familiar with how many matches per floor works for my team.

You need a regular heal up for floor 4 (3 turns), Attackerasu up for floor 5 (4 turns), the board change for floor 6 (5 turns) and the other regular heal for floor 8 (7 turns). Put the heals on the Tsubakis and Shazel. You don't need to add additional killer latents.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you'll have 16 sb with drake/tsubaki x2/shazel or 17 if you swap whaledor in for drake. drake will be up for vulcan even unskilled and you wouldn't need to worry about inheriting the bicolor board.

inherit the heals on shazel and the tsubaki's because their cooldowns are way shorter (tho it might be different if you're running whaledor over drake, idk). they don't need to be max skilled to be up in time

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Thanks both for that. I made Zeus/Tsubaki(Attackerasu)/Tsubaki(AAma)/Shazel(Mito)/Avalon Drake to see how it would work out and try out the dungeon, and see how many floors can be done with one combo. Got to Vulcan and completely forgot the team only has 6ish seconds of move time to make the 9c board with. Seems very doable though! My only issue is having enough stamina to keep trying but iirc there's a few days left and I'd only need to hit 25% or so to get a Rikuu

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Battle Pigeon posted:

Got to Vulcan and completely forgot the team only has 6ish seconds of move time to make the 9c board with. Seems very doable though! My only issue is having enough stamina to keep trying but iirc there's a few days left and I'd only need to hit 25% or so to get a Rikuu
26% is Rikuu cutoff and yes, just throw stamina at it when Vulcan boards don't cooperate. He's the #1 run killer, with floor 4's stupid light demon being #2 (that's the only place killer latents matter, get some devil killers on Verse if ya got em)

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

DACK FAYDEN posted:

26% is Rikuu cutoff and yes, just throw stamina at it when Vulcan boards don't cooperate. He's the #1 run killer, with floor 4's stupid light demon being #2 (that's the only place killer latents matter, get some devil killers on Verse if ya got em)

I"m at like 21% and can't decide if I should keep running - I already have a limit broken Rikuu who I never use. I've been using Ilmina/NY Kami because I'm a coward and can't nail the 9c reliably without a 7x6.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

Thanks both for that. I made Zeus/Tsubaki(Attackerasu)/Tsubaki(AAma)/Shazel(Mito)/Avalon Drake to see how it would work out and try out the dungeon, and see how many floors can be done with one combo. Got to Vulcan and completely forgot the team only has 6ish seconds of move time to make the 9c board with. Seems very doable though! My only issue is having enough stamina to keep trying but iirc there's a few days left and I'd only need to hit 25% or so to get a Rikuu

I don't have a Verse but I have the rest of that team. Is there anything else I can pair with him to go for 25%?

I keep forgetting that there are other rewards besides going for the crown. I don't feel like trying hard enough for the crown but going for 25% seems like something I could try some more for. I'm at 37.7% from my blind clear from Diablos/Ideal and a bunch of dragon subs.

What else might be worth a shot to hit 25%? Try a couple more Diablos/Ideal runs?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Infinite Karma posted:

I"m at like 21% and can't decide if I should keep running - I already have a limit broken Rikuu who I never use. I've been using Ilmina/NY Kami because I'm a coward and can't nail the 9c reliably without a 7x6.

I see no reason to have dupes of rikuu, so unless you care about the crown you should be fine

e: idk if you'll fall under 26% anyway. what was the cutoff for that in jp?

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 14, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GoodBee posted:

I don't have a Verse but I have the rest of that team. Is there anything else I can pair with him to go for 25%?

I keep forgetting that there are other rewards besides going for the crown. I don't feel like trying hard enough for the crown but going for 25% seems like something I could try some more for. I'm at 37.7% from my blind clear from Diablos/Ideal and a bunch of dragon subs.

What else might be worth a shot to hit 25%? Try a couple more Diablos/Ideal runs?
Diablos/X will do it just fine, for sure.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Woke up, run the ranking dungeon as a test since I'm still working out how many combos and in what colours is best to one-shot Rikuu... was slow but got lucky and one shot everything, and hit 12%. That's probably safe for getting a Rikuu :v: Not sure I have the stamina and luck to keep trying for lower, but maybe? I was getting skyfalls and more than one combo for each floor, so it feels like there's a huge amount of room for improvement that isn't too hard to achieve

E: 8.9% now, with a bunch of skyfalls. Turns out just one red match murders Rikuu outright which is really useful

Battle Pigeon fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 15, 2018

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

ughhh I hope 117,406 is enough to stay in the top 6% - it's 4.8% right now. Running this over and over is exhausting.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Manatee Cannon posted:

I see no reason to have dupes of rikuu, so unless you care about the crown you should be fine

e: idk if you'll fall under 26% anyway. what was the cutoff for that in jp?

That was kind of my point, ranking dungeons have been climbing fast lately. I'm already down to 25% with about 95k, not sure if I should bother chain running it to try and beat that score... it already took a lot of runs.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I'm at 6.2% :v: Guess I'll try running it a few more times before it's over, never been this close to a crown before

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
I think I'm going to stick with my current 13.6% ranking at 109k points or so. I just want Rikuu, and it will be nice to be able to save some snow globes too.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Thirst Mutilator posted:

ughhh I hope 117,406 is enough to stay in the top 6% - it's 4.8% right now. Running this over and over is exhausting.
Gonna be close but I think you might make it. It went from 116,852 to 17,202 over the course of Friday night to Sunday morning but it's been 17,202 all night.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Rascyc posted:

Gonna be close but I think you might make it. It went from 116,852 to 17,202 over the course of Friday night to Sunday morning but it's been 17,202 all night.

I'm at 5.8% now. Fingers crossed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I'm at 5.8% now. Fingers crossed.
117,854 at 4.6%, it really is all clumped up here. I hope you don't whiff!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm at 113k, and 10.x%. I'm just not sure that my brain and fingers are fast enough to get any higher. I know there's room for improvement, I can see it. I just don't know that I can actually do it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Cut off is 117,354. It's probably gonna creep further, people are nuts.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Ranking dungeons are silly and I'm genuinely glad to be back to farming evo mats

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Looks like it's been stuck at at 117,354 for awhile. You would've made it with your previous score! Hah

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

Cut off is 117,354. It's probably gonna creep further, people are nuts.

Well, this is ranking dungeon where you can get into the top 6% with zero skill as long as you have the proper team and some luck. And it has a good prize on top of it so of course people are going to hogwild.

I mean, I got 6.2% on my first try, and I suck. If I cared about crowns I guess I could have gotten an extra one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

looking at the new descended boss, eir looks like a really nice cleric. unbindable and comparable to mel in healing with her 3 heart oe's and her active is on par with grodin's for bind/awoken bind clearing. plus it makes hearts. she's a solid farmable lead too

bathena is kinda frustrating tho. her attack multiplier is what the dathena ult's should have been and it's kind of annoying that she has a match 5+ activation with 3 prong awakenings. I guess they don't want to invalidate shishio entirely by giving her l-unlocks. we'll never get her anyway tho so rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=791

Magic collab details.

All of the 6* cards look great. Inheritable cloud resist on a great skill is amazing.