Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Given recent events, I would think the Penguins DON'T complain to the league about it. It's a cause for suspension for sure, but they'd be pretty much validating Melnyk's point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Horny!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

welp

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I thought Mason's mask had Danny DeVito on the side for a second and now I'm disappointed

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

To my knowledge the Penguins haven't complained about any of the predatory hits they've suffered this year so I doubt they start now.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
cmon Miller

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder if the Pens are just going to keep Malkin off the ice until the playoffs to prevent someone from injuring him

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Gotta enjoy the season while it lasts I guess... which for you guys is like 7 more games right?

no, i am a cbj fan, see you in the post-season :smugdon:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder if the Pens are just going to keep Malkin off the ice until the playoffs to prevent someone from injuring him

I imagine this is the case for a lot of the injured guys right now. Makes no sense to throw them out in meaningless games even if it's something they could conceivably play through. Probably a lesson learned from last season in fact.

POTATO IN MY ANUS posted:

no, i am a cbj fan, see you in the post-season :smugdon:

Ah, poo poo...
I really hate Dubinsky and the things he might be able to get away with in the postseason.
But I'd be okay with Atkinson getting some hardware.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

How many posts have the Flyers hit tonight? At least 3, right?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gotta enjoy the season while it lasts I guess... which for you guys is like 7 more games right?

No, he's a fan of the team that you're allowing to remain in possession of home ice for their first round series for the moment as things stand.

E- Beaten.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I thought Mason's mask had Danny DeVito on the side for a second and now I'm disappointed

Lol now i'm not gonna un-see that

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Boy it would be really nice to have a Nikolai Ehlers, I wonder how Jake Virtanen is doing tonight?

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

not to derail us further but yeah dubinsky is a rat piece of poo poo. he is our rat piece of poo poo though so it's okay. i am very excited to see cam shine. this has really been a big year for him. sad i got a fuckin johansen jersey. god dammit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: That looked onside to me :siren:.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Gudas seals it?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

not to derail us further but yeah dubinsky is a rat piece of poo poo. he is our rat piece of poo poo though so it's okay. i am very excited to see cam shine. this has really been a big year for him. sad i got a fuckin johansen jersey. god dammit.

Sucks about the jersey but having Jones should be a hell of a consolation prize. He seems like the real deal and he's only 22.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: ANGRY PUNCH MAN :siren:

E: maybe!
E2: yes!

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
This is not the score I expected to see for tonight.

Of course, I am very okay with this outcome.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

Sucks about the jersey but having Jones should be a hell of a consolation prize. He seems like the real deal and he's only 22.

oh no johansen was a loving diva i am very happy with the trade.

also my fiancé just said gudas 'looks like a thumb'

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
:tastykake: GHOST EXTRA SEALS IT :tastykake:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

YES LAY IT ON THICK

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Why do you think this?

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

STOP IT THEY'RE ALREADY DEAD

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:tastykake: STOP, STOP, HE'S ALREADY DEAD. :tastykake:

also my fiancé just said gudas 'looks like a thumb'

Yeah, that trade was gold. Jones is a stud.

He looks an awful lot like Nathan Horton, too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo ghost

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

lol Boeser, too bad dude

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tomie knows me posted:

This is not the score I expected to see for tonight.

Of course, I am very okay with this outcome.
The Flyers humiliating the Penguins at home by a comically large score? Why I never would have seen this coming.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

achillesforever6 posted:

The Flyers humiliating the Penguins at home by a comically large score? Why I never would have seen this coming.

I'm a new-ish hockey fan and I don't know all the weirdo expected outcomes yet sorry!!!

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

JawKnee posted:

Why do you think this?

skipped preseason holding out on contract negotiations, constantly being scratched for locker room problems, lots of lazy nights on the ice. came in out of shape in his last season too. i really liked johansen. he showed a lot of potential and i was sad to see him go.

first thing i said when i heard about the trade was 'weber should shut him up' and we know how that went

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Thanks for your support tonight, POTATO IN MY ANUS

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I was under the impression he couldn't go to preseason training until the contract stuff was handled? I'll take your word on the scratches and lazy nights - I don't watch Jackets games - but I would hate to lose a 30 goal scorer

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I wish Kenny Albert did more Rangers games

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

JawKnee posted:

I was under the impression he couldn't go to preseason training until the contract stuff was handled? I'll take your word on the scratches and lazy nights - I don't watch Jackets games - but I would hate to lose a 30 goal scorer

Losing a 30 goal scorer wasn't fun. He'd become floaty at times, which Milbury immediately pointed out on NBC the night the trade happened, but still, a potential weapon.

Trading him for a 40-point (and counting), slightly younger defenseman who re-signed long term with no hesitation at $5.4M who's now the second best on the team only because of the young defenseman he's paired with who will put up 50 in his rookie season? Yeah, I'll take that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Levitate posted:

I wish Kenny Albert did more Rangers games

He's a really underrated PBP guy for hockey

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Just saying that the Pens losing to the Flyers makes me feel better about the Leafs loving up royally with the Sabres.

So thank you Pens on being more disappointing.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:lol: gently caress you Wheeler

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

DJExile posted:

He's a really underrated PBP guy for hockey

He's the Rangers standard radio guy and hopefully will move up to TV when Sam retires

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Sbisa is still aggressively awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Skjei owns

• Locked thread