Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Prey is actually an Elder Scrolls spinoff, Talos Station was built by the Nords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This game is cool and good.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This game has nothing to do with the other Prey.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Protip: Don't go crazy with Neuromods just because you have some to spend, at some point in the story your upgrade trees will get more skills to buy.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Actually, I know that the game has just come out but has anyone found any really good or really bad things to spec into? I have been going the hacking/engineering route but some of the stuff seems situational.

The one the gives you extra materials from recycling is good since you should always be recycling. You can find Neuromod Plans later so it should pay for itself over time. Same with Necropsy, it lets you get more materials, same thing.

Hacking is good, I found a broken safe that could only be opened by level 2 Hacking but it had 4 Neuromods in it and it only takes 5 to get to level 2.

Lifting heavy things can be useful but you can sometimes just knock down the bigger blocks with explosions or throwing smaller blocks.

Inventory space is a definite buy.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Oh there's an infinite resource exploit you can do as well btw, if you just wanna go apeshit all over some alien scum with 5000 shotgun rounds.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Uh, System Shock 2 had like the greatest ending of all time.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Knifegrab posted:

Thanks guys. Also does anyone know what the (first hub mission)Scale is?

In Dr. Calvino's workshop he has some emails referring to a scale that sends a signal when it reads exactly 170 grams, and then asks another employee to make him a mug that weighs exactly 170 grams.

You can see him use it at the end of the second Looking Glass test video in that same lab, he'll stand around for a bit before so you think the video stopped. His mug is on the other side of the room. It opens a safe.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Phoix posted:

There's a chipset in Psychotronics that'll give you a small amount of passive psi regen. I think it's in the little tunnel where you get your psychoscope behind a level 3 leverage box.

I think chipsets/misc loot are randomised.

Some other stuff seems to be too, one point early on in the game my helper buddy told me he got the impression some minor character really admired me. I reloaded that section and my buddy said he thought the guy hated me.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Level 1 Leverage is good at least, plus its fun to just cannonball a fridge at bad guys.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I dont want this game to end but also I do because I want to try alternate paths and stuff.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Theres one really incredible jump scare in the game that got me really good.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Mindblast posted:

Does it involve a green button of sorts? That got me good.

That's the one.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm trying to find a guy named Kirk Renner in Life Support but the tracking system keeps fizzling out when I try to locate him. Anyone know where his almost certainly dead body is?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Lakbay posted:

Possible PS4 Bug for the "Do No Harm" sidequest: I hit start assessment in the office but nothing happens?

Try restarting from the other PC.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I have a controller plugged into my PC so I switch to use that when I hack which makes it bearable. I can't imagine doing anything other than level 1 hacks on the keyboard.

Btw Prey bros, if you are Achievement hunting watch out with throwing Recycle Grenades around like crazy. I think the reason I couldn't find some employees was because I dissolved them. Though I did get the find all e-mail and audiolog achievements early so maybe you just need to find the majority.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The real struggle on Typhon only or No Neuromods is having default inventory space.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

n4 posted:

Question about the ending: why the gently caress are they operators and not people?

From a gameplay perspective its because it builds on the existing multiple approach system that you've been using so far. You can kill them like regular enemies but the operator stations will constantly redeploy new ones unless you can block them off. You can try to hide from them like regular enemies but until you destroy your tracker they know where you are. Also its probably easier than making a whole new enemy type.

You can also look at symbolism or whatever and how your use of the stations resources to survive has been subverted and turned into a weapon against you to make Dahl more of a threat.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think the quote is about the denouement with Typhon-Morgan

Haha oh yeah.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Couple things I was thinking about (ending related) Does anyone know what version of Looking Glass is running in the main game? The version that the actual sim is running is 3.5, it's a minor detail but I'm curious to get at least a small sense of how far in the past the talos 1 incident was.
Did anyone else actually have to stop and think about the ending choice? I was highly suspect that it was a sim since I got the December ending earlier but even then, despite being basically all gung ho with Alex's plan, when I had him and January arguing at the Nullwave transmitter I actually spent a good 5mins unsure if I should continue or blow up the station, or hell just leave with the others. I decided eventually that the nullwave was the 'correct' thing to do, since blowing the place up would still have those people escape since i saved Dahl, and January said no one can get back to earth without ruining everything. Although I did see that you could be the ultimate loving rear end in a top hat and blow up the shuttle from the upstairs bridge computer, dashing everyones hope of escape.

And then finally.. I saw some talk earlier in the thread that you can find a decent amount of audiologs that show you all of the different personality shifts Morgan went through due to his constant Typhon mod testing but I don't think I ever found any of those, other than the one for the Whistleblower quest.

About that last part ENDING SPOILERS BLAH BLAH

The first message you find from yourself is you telling yourself to blow up the station. You get a little robot version of yourself January 2035. He was built by that Morgan to help you blow up the station.

Later you get contacted by another robot version of you December. He was built by a Morgan that wanted to escape. January will murder December if you don't stop him first.

In Morgan's Apartment you find October, who doesn't have a body. He just has notes to Morgan from himself on the various people around the station.

Alex shows you a video of another Morgan who has the plan to destroy all the Typhon without harming the station. When you find one of your old Transcribes in Alex's bunker Morgan is talking about how Alex's emergency plan is to blow up the station and that's not good enough, you want to save all the research.

There's a log of Morgan with the therapist freaking out over the personality drift thing. He straight up says "that's not me" about the previous Morgan.

There's also stuff like how Morgan was kind to Ilyusha but also murdered her dad in cold blood for scientific knowledge.

Pwnstar fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 10, 2017

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I went for a Psycho run and it was a lot of fun but apparently I didn't get the achievement for murdering everyone because some enemies killed each other/themselves. So watch out for that if you are an achievement person.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Speed runs of this game have gotten under 10 minutes, this is crazy.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Some pro tips in this article: http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2017/05/prey-walkthrough-how-to-spot-mimic-by-humans/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The Nightmare should have been a faster/tougher phantom with all the Typhon powers so you can't defeat it by walking into a small room. Imagine if that Medkit turned into a phantom who immediately summoned another phantom from a corpse then set you on fire.