Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait, there are clipping exploits in this game?

I vaguely recall someone clipping out of the intro sequence and finding out it actually did play out in the shifting studio onboard Talos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Early on in the game, when neuromods are somewhat scarce, bear in mind it's often more useful to get 2 levels in a single skill than dabble with a single level in two things.

You can't really gently caress yourself over with wasting points like you would in Diablo or something, but it might be worth keeping this in the back of your head.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Stockwell posted:

Couple questions, [spoiler]I was under the impression that the Nightmare only showed up if you took Typhon powers, is this different on nightmare difficulty? Makes sense if so; they were intimidating at first but combat focus + unloading into them with a shotgun takes care of them pretty quickly.

IIRC there's some triggers and variables as to how often it'll spawn, but ultimately it'll be a presence either way.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

infraboy posted:

Stealth seems to be a decent option getting around the bigger aliens.

While it's possible to do so, it's best to think of stealth as less of a tool to ghost levels and more as means of employing calculated ambushes to go Predator on the aliens and always fight on your own terms.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

Anybody try ctrl alt ego? It's supposed to be the immsimmiest immsim there is.

It's got a pretty dang big demo on steam, go check it out!

I liked it. A bit janky, but in a good way. Though it sorta fell into my backlog, so treat that as more of a first impression than a real review.