Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Been following this for a while, and I think it's about time I drafted myself - Ground Beef, reporting for duty! (Anything ground-attack please, not a Gripen/etc. Hawk/Frogfoot/etc would be great.)

Also, as much as I'd like the Aardvark, two tornadoes sounds better than one Aardvark - vote K&P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I'm thinking we should Tame Them Lions.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Don't take that bribe!

We'll make far more money staying in, plus ruin our future employment prospects if we leave. Finish the job we've been paid to do!

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

Coffeehitler posted:

There is no such thing as an export model F-22. The RAM skin in particular was decided to be unexportable, and after that there's not much point since it can't carry as much as our other export fighters.

In our world, correct.

In this world, since Yooper explicitly stated these to be export F22s...

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
1. For It Is Raining Dreams And I Have Cabin Fever
2. Finest Hour
(mostly because the theming is perfect)
3. Surfin'rda

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I think from a variety standpoint, getting a boat would be a bad thing - because they're so expensive we'd want it in every mission to justify its existence, so all missions thereafter must involve boat.

This would be boring.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
1. Ivanov Attack
2. BFLM Attack
3. Ivanov Fighter

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

Dandywalken posted:

I assume the option exists to model the LAU-88 option being there, even if not used today. I know DCS lets you use two of the three pylons, with the inner of each being left empty due to mentioned reasons.

My "gently caress you, aerodynamics" loadout was 4 Maverick Ds and 4 CBU-105.

My "gently caress you, gravity" loadout was about 20000lb overweight. Max fuel, max weapons.

It would still just barely take off with a lot of care and every last inch of runway. I would not recommend it.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Balkans.

SK60 Circus, keep the rest.

The tale of MEAT is still great.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
As far as I can tell, this is possibly where we are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provideniya_Bay_Airport

I do hope they paved it and added parking. And made it at least 50% longer, because I don't think our tankers are getting in/out of there...

Looks a bit bleak!

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/provideniya-weather/chukot/ru.aspx

Brovine fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 27, 2017

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provideniya

Such a wonderfully cheerful climate! 3 hours of sunlight a month in December, but nine days of snow. Lows of -37C.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
As a pilot who is yet to get a plane, I vote in favour of keeping everything. Otherwise we'll not have enough seats for all the pilots for ages!

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
1. Half-rear end
2. Salaryman
3. Haiku

Our orders are to protect the ships and perform recon. Our orders were not to shoot things that haven't shot at us yet.

And also, from the overall instructions originally: "Do not expend ordnance unless necessary".

Yooper posted:

Here's our current work order. It's not much different than the one the maintenance guys, or fisherman, get.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Snakehunt, we want that radar for ourselves. The launchers can either die or come with it, but the radar is what we want to take with us.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Keeping K&P friendly with us would be great, but... that has to be second to helping MicroZon nuke facebook.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
The question that springs to mind is 'how did we get here in the first place?'

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

Night10194 posted:

"The soulless megacorp are the only ones who pay enough that we can make money in the theater, and I'm sure nothing will go wrong this time."

The way cyberpunk/corporate warfare heroes always get into these kinds of things. We needed the dough, they offered the dough, then everything went crazy from the word go.

I meant physically/logistically.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
gently caress Russia, but make sweet love with the Dutch. Or something. The analogy doesn't really work.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
It strikes me that simply driving the Mays away, rather than shooting them down, should be adequate as far as pleasing the Americans and also less of a major incident.

But where's the fun in that?

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Icarus, We All, BearFucker.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
It is always time for Iranian F-14s.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
My biggest concern about the tomcats is that there's only four of them. If we're still having to alternate them on missions, that means we only get two per mission effectively. Is that going to be enough?

The sheer quantity of the Mirages, with decent-ish IRIS missiles, tempts me more. Three mirages per tomcat does not sound too bad a trade.

On the other hand, the options to go with that aren't great. The Kai/Etendard set is terrible, and while maybe the nighthawks would be fun the boat seems useless. The Aardvarks, or the Intruders (which can carry Amraams too), are both much more attractive.

I'm undecided.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Mirages and Bote.

Gripens are a terrible idea without Meteors and SDBs. I'd rather have the Flankers or the Mirages. Or even the tiny handful of Tomcats.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Smorgasboard. Because Viggens.

Also, any chance I can swap from my shiny new Gripen into an F117 instead? I'd prefer something ground attack...

No worries if the Nighthawk drivers all want to stay put.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I kinda wanna vote for Dogmocracy if that's possible!

Otherwise, Med. Especially if we can end up with suitably amazing posh british accents for BMC somewhere.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
The flypast looks rewarding but deadly. And the Red Bull Riot team sounds cooler than Romarm hackers.

MCTB CAS and Zeppelin.

Yes to radar/bribery/Mayor's Benevolent Fund contributions or whatever it is.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

Coiler121 posted:

Since we have two CAS missions choices, I think the people saying "CAS" should clarify which CAS mission they support.

I was assuming "CAS" means the first one and "Hack & CAS" means the second for most people, but there's a reason I specified MCTB myself...

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I'm happy supporting Defence Plan Anta.

Also: Yooper, JcDent, thanks for the swap.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Some votes.

#1 : F-16DG Blk 40 Falcon - 1991 (QTY 4)
#3 : Su-22M-4K Fitter K (QTY 8)
#18 : OH-58D Kiowa Warrior (Qty 4 Units)

I can't bring myself to vote for the Mirages even if they're better, the Su22 is just better than the Su17, and while the sub is cool i want silly helicopters everywhere.

Also, this thing is still going somehow, cool!

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Glad to see everybody is voting correctly for three engined VTOL mayhem. Yak-141 forever.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Gonna go for:

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Doesn't seem much point chasing robotanks, and doesn't seem to be much practical value in attacking the internet.

Let's go take out that airfield and its pilots.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Goose. The photo is too horrifying to not vote for it.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
South, and get some planes on patrol to cover enemy anti-submarine actions.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Wild Willie's eclectic mix of ancient crap, British crap, and especially ancient British crap gets my vote.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Ground Beef would like to end up in that Shackleton somewhere, if possible! (Since I didn't specify a name in the vote post)

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Buenos Aires No Bueno, because a nice simple factory strike seems like a good way to get back into the saddle and find the capabilities of our shiny new rustbuckets.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Back In The Saddle. We don't need to risk blowing up runways, we just need to get that hornet and ourselves out.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
It feels like the support aircraft (like the Shackleton, and whatever transport we used to get out) should stay around for some continuity. Gives us a reason to protect it in mission planning, and feels like everything is less disposable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Can everything but the Shackleton

Since I already voiced this opinion, I guess I'd best vote for it!

I would prefer the idea that was suggested where we keep any fighters that didn't see combat - so we'd still have our Lightnings that didn't even leave the ground in the last op.