Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Any chance of a bomber, or A-10? Callsign Arcee please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Agreed, Tibet -> India.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Zack

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

It'd be nice to hit the ships away from Myanmar but I don't see how we could expect to find them - especially the one coming from Shanghai, hitting it farther east is just asking for Chinese or wider outrage.

Maybe we should just ignore the ships, and demand pay increases if the danger level goes up? Throw everything at the main targets.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Charlie sounds great - but consider flying the AWACS as intel can lie and we don't really want to be caught pants-down here.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Dropping all the bombs at once is good when you don't want to stick around, but we had no real threat in the CAS mission so single/double release and waiting for BDA would have been preferable.

Agree, we can keep using the rocket pods but they need to be explicitly aimed at softer targets.

All those sea-skimming planes were very strange. I also saw our Meteor go to 100k feet, is that right?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Yooper, can we claim we were enforcing a sanction on Myanmar for shooting the airliner? Can't have those people getting extra materiel.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Where is the Indian distraction occurring? We probably need to make sure our flight path isn't near there.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

It worked in Strike Commander! Just the pilot too, no commando team needed. Had to trade the F-16 for their F-22 though.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

kill it. There might be a time for such a thing in the future, but this is not that time. Good to know you have our backs for trying bizarre things!

Besides, if we Entebbe it we will either fail and have to quit/restart or succeed and be unable to top it.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

If my Pilotwings skills are any indication, I can't stay parallel to a runway if it's windy (can't land in level 8). Hopefully it'll be calm!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

rchandra posted:

If my Pilotwings skills are any indication, I can't stay parallel to a runway if it's windy (can't land in level 8). Hopefully it'll be calm!

Well, this was proved accurate but still managed to drop ordnance in a tolerable fashion. (I think the ROE said to ignore plotted course? Hard to tell what exactly controls what in CMANO, as a non-player).

(Yooper, Arcee has a soft c).

Great work Psawhn!

PR proposal: fund pensions for Indian pilot widow(er)s.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

I still want to try to make the world better, not actively worse, and setting fully loaded tankers on fire will make things worse. Angola.

As for our buy...

To Start: $534,012,376.00 (534M)

JAS 39C Gripen (70M) x 1 = 70M
(To replace losses)
Mirage 2000H India (35M) x 4 = 140M
(People here like Mirages; good for Strike)
F-4E Greek (15M) x 6 = 90M
(To make a full squadron of Phantoms; good for Strike and CAP [AMRAAMs])
Tornado (30M) x 4 = 120M
(For Strike and SEAD)
SIDAM (5M) x 4 + ASRAD (10M) x4 = 60M
(because as this showed, you can't be too careful with grounded aircraft)
Total Spent = 480M

I mostly like this, but replace the Mirages with 2 more Tornados and save the extra $80M for rainy day / ordnance / etc.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Angola, Dictator - we can go for what pays, and then use money to spin things / improve rep as needed (cf Indian pensions, Myanmar embargo). Also Africa belongs to the Africans.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

À la carte - I can't endorse selling planes until they're on fire.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Angola - Dictator

a) pays better
b) Africa for the Africans
c) we don't want to always be the "good guys", it'll cut into opportunities.

Rather than joining the good side, we will make our side good (through PR, lies, spin, and napalm).

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Lubango.

Jackals must die.

From lore, I'd assume that SMARF is in with the Dictator and the Sultan's First with the freemen - so it's probably the other way around :).

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Rohan is just too good to pass up.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

We need to take care of ourselves before the aid trucks, so I'd prefer more assets taking out the artillery and BMPs than guarding the trucks.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Big Papa

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Bacarruda posted:

Gentlemen, Operation First Impressions is a go!

Here is your briefing. We are wheels up in 30 minutes.

Is it just me or did our ROE say to shoot down anything that doesn't turn around ... like a stray 747? Hopefully we don't have anybody take that too literally!

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

More chances for Rohan

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Loel posted:

Current list

I'm really hoping David's Sling is the lunar catapult for bombarding Earth with boulders and not the missile defence system.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

TildeATH posted:

I keep asking myself how many neurons I could have spent on calculus or the memories of loved ones that I wasted on that stupid story about a magic credit card and how one of the pilots destroyed a priceless vase in protest. I still remember it. Why?

Gule, gule.

It seems pretty weird to have a 2011 magazine on my shelf now that it's from the past instead of the future.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I'm for any plan with one pie-in-the-sky strategic target (oil refinery, ammo depot, palace, Defence Ministry, etc.) that gets hit hard.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Golgotha

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Capital Strike - who was that guy with the cellphone watching an airport, again? Might want him moved to Luanda.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

A lot of cool plans here, tough to choose. I think my heart says Don't Cut the Rope, but my mind insists on

No Time for Seconds

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Red Handed - worst case this puts us where we would have been by not taking the mission.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah, sometimes I vote for cluster bombs, other times for donating to pilot spouse pensions. All depends what seems right at the time.

Hopefully next mission I can figure out how to get the frog out of the bomb chute, coughing out bullets didn't seem to help.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

1) Reacharound
2) Riders of Rohan
3) For It Is Raining Dreams And I Have Cabin Fever

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

As per my original request: A-10. _The_ CAS aircraft. We need it. Uranium gun for added impact.

Helicopters must be good for something! AH-64

And, to encourage our naval ambitions for the future UK Sea Harriers

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

PenguinSalsa posted:

If we're getting Harriers (yes please), the Harrier GR.9A can carry six(!) Brimstones or a bunch of Mavericks and/or Paveway IVs

For my choices I tried to pick the second newest version, to be more interesting and probably more realistic (more getting sold off by national militaries).

A lot of cool options in this procurement round? Ivanov-F for All the Frogs? Ivanov-S for the boat? But I think I'll be hoping for BFLM-A. F-16s are great at everything, A-10s are fun, and that bunch of MQ-1 drones with Hellfires should be excellent when a target needs to be finished off (or is fragile), in addition to the recon uses.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

1. BFLM CAS Focus
2. Ivanov Fighter
3. K&P CAS

The summary says not to vote but I assume that was a typo?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

RIP Frog, your armour served Arcee well with the new damage model. Really hoped to upgrade to the rugged A-10 but Strike Commander does need the F-16.

I liked the procurement process. If you fear a tyranny of the majority, just choose a vote at random.

Yeah, probably time to retire the Sk60 and promote their pilots

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Bering Sea

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Mitsuhashi - money now will let us do good later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Phyb3r

Dagon posted:

because drones and hacks can't steal boats.
Cracking can steal boats from the tech giants!