Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Are we still taking reserve pilots? I'll join as a fighter or multirole pilot callsign Dreamsicle

Unilever funds not guaranteed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

As much as I really really like the raid option, gonna have to go with kill right now

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

LostCosmonaut posted:

Jumping on the Strict Parenting, Light Attackers bandwagon.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Arent tbe Gripens on sale better than our current ones? For example, ours don't drop SDBs while the ones on sale do.

EDIT: Yeah that seems to be the case.

Our Gripens: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=3226
Gripens on Sale: https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=3697

With the new SDB Gripens, will it be necessary to have more bomb trucks?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 16, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Voting for Procurement Plan Parabellum

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Switching vote to À la carte now that SDB Gripens are standard and I want a SAM

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

The Dictator found Twitter. I'm not sure what subreddit The Free State is using but I'm not going to dig around to find it.

I'm suprised the Free State isn't using Voat or whatever the Reddit offshoot is called that was made after a bunch of subreddits got banned.

Also voting for Zack. If we were working for the Dictator I'd go Rohan but that wouldn't be a good fit with the Count.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 20, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Ready to drop the aid. Please don't get me killed, I want to drop paratroopers one day or fly an AC-130.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

Footage is coming out of the Angolan Comfort Hotel and Safari that Wing Commander Rohan hit. We're trying to pawn it off as someone else, but one of the rather unique bombs she dropped didn't detonate and came to rest in the middle of a tub of palm oil. At least it wasn't a school or a hospital. At the same time she nailed the processing facility at that lithium mine too. We've been hoping to capture those points intact. I haven't heard anything from her since the mission. Already Von Hoff's forces are pushing into the gaps left where Dos Santos's armor is destroyed.

Who was in the hotel when it was bombed? Hopefully we got lucky and most of the occupants were Dos Santos's officers.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Ajaxify posted:

I do not care what we buy as long as we get that AC-130 and I can be in it, callsign God. Ever since I was a teenager I've sexually identified as an AC-130, and this is my chance to finally be free. Free to take off, fly in circles slowly, and absolutely gently caress up anyone's day on the ground.

Do we know if it's an AC-130U Spooky with the 40mm Gatling, the 40mm Bofors, and the 105? Or is it the AC-130J Ghostrider which trades the 40mm Gatling for a 30mm autocannon and the bofors for a large assortment of LGBs and ATGMs?

I already fly the C-130 so therefore I'm flying it. :colbert: I will try and see that you get Fire Control Officer or one of the gunner positions.

OOC: Yooper, if we do get an AC-130, how will you determine the 13 crewmembers?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 25, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The Sandman posted:

Maybe we should have the ground guys try to find and kill the SA-20 battery?

I hope they can interrupt their Thunderdome to do it.

Yooper posted:

They are currently recovering from their Thunderdome. On second thought, the 13 people who want to be in the AC-130 must do a Thunderdome.

But I fly the normal C-130 already ::(:

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 25, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

Intel From the Free State

These fuckers are retarded. This is from their kickstarter page. Right now they are at $387 million, so almost to Hebrew Hammer Cat.

I'm suprised there's no creepy anime bullshit in the pledge.

Thank you for not putting that in there BTW.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

F111 (why this and not F15s?)

Man if it's possible to switch planes and I can't get the AC-130, the F-15E would be a great substitute.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

Meanwhile, have the budget wishlist.
30 million: F-15

Based on the F-15K if we get a newer model (2010s) it would be much more expensive than 30 mil

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

Added the F15K, cant find prices on an SS-18 with silo.

And yeah, lets wait and see if the S300 reveals itself.

Yeah the F-15K pricing is what I expect if we get any Strike Eagle made after 2009.

And yeah, let the Free State do their drone strike.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

Is it 43 million from scratch, or 43 million to upgrade a current model?

Edit: wow, article says the E is cheaper than the C. Thats wild.

Really? I've seen it stated at 85 million here

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N18F4QE

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Voting for Double the Numbers

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The Sandman posted:

So who's going to do the briefings now that Bacarruda is dead?

We build a Bacbot that's designed to read briefings

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

BS, I'm sure we can find Tigersharks...somewhere. This is Alt-Hist land, remember?

A-6Fs, A-12s and F-14E Super Tomcats are also modelled in CMANO. I wonder if we can obtain them here.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Gervasius posted:

Is there Mirage 4000 in CMANO? K&P could probably get their hands on a couple.

Also, look at it - it's like a Rafale, but even prettier:

Unfortunately, I can't find them in the database.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Ooh that F-15 and F-111 is very tempting, but we only get one of each so I gotta vote for K&P.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So looking things over it seems like we're under-arming our planes. At least according to Wikipedia any craft capable of firing the Sidewinder is also capable of launching the IRIS-T. That's an extra 5 nautical miles of range we can give to our fighters against air threats.

While that should be true, I don't think we can change loadouts for that in CMANO.

Paging Baloogan for clarification.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Stago Lego posted:

So how many Tornado's do we have, 1 or 2?

Right now we have 2. If voting goes as it is, we will have 4.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Can we rearm our proposed strike packages to attack the airfield in time before the 24 hours are up? Ideally I want a strike package to go after the air defense network first then rearm to hit the airfield.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Neophyte posted:

I'm not groggy enough to figure it out but I'm sure lots of the land strike munitions on the various planes can (safely) put holes in botes too? Just asking that they be available in case somebody tries to get smart on us.

The only land strike weapons we can use against ships are Mavericks and Paveways which have a range of 4-6 nautical miles.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Dandywalken posted:

Not the variant we use, sadly. The new SDB II can, and for most intents is a super long range fire and forgot atgm.

The SDB II is why I really want F-15Es. Neither the F-15SA nor F-15K have the SDB IIs.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

UberJew posted:

i really doubt anybody has strike eagles for sale

they're probably the single best ground attacker in the world

Well poo poo, guess we gotta go for Super Hornets then.

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataWeapon?ID=2855

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Psawhn posted:

1.1. Angolan Army HQ
1.2. Any other Military Command facilities
1.3. 2x Luanda Port Pier Structure
1.4. Refinery AvGas Storage (40x 150kL Tank Farm) (Do not engage other refinery facilities)
1.5. Caboledo Airport Runway
1.6. 2x Quatro de Fevereiro Airport Runway

Is it possible we could cut it to one pier or at least target the largest pier if there are different sized piers? If we destroy too many facilities, I'm worried that lithium shipping will be affected enough to get other countries siding against us.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I really want to put my vote behind Golgotha, but right now I think I'd like a general timeline of operations with that plan before I commit to a vote. All the other plans are either too conservative, or too daring.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

I don't know how legible that is, but that's an approximate map of strike targets with a rough timetable as envisioned by GOLGOTHA. The times have to be approximate because there are two factors out of our control:

1) When will the Kfirs defect? And which path will they take--the green arrow (Maulange) or the pink one (Saurimo)? That will affect when MAGDALENE, AGATHON and PALE DEATH need to rearm, refuel, etc.

2) When will the SA-11 Battery (batteries) be spotted? The purple lines are roughly where the main highways are and where they might be spotted. That will affect when HELL RIDER is committed--if found early, HELL RIDER can then be used against other targets of opportunity.

Alright I'm satisfied with that. Voting for Golgotha

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

Now, some stuff that's actually pretty interesting

A-6E Intruder: Still a pretty mediocre aircraft, but notable for having the utterly weird loadout of Shrikes and napalm. For whatever requires that combination. Also basically every other weapon, including sea mines. For extra warcrimes..

Why not use A-6Fs instead? Those are modelled.

Yooper please let us know if they exist in this timeline tia.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

Specifically, it can fire without a search radar. The launcher itself contains the fire control radar (this classifies it as a "TELAR" instead of a regular "TEL" for Transporter Erector Launcher And Radar). It just needs to find the target some other way first, as the FCR has a very narrow search radius, which if nothing else can be done by a dude with a pair of binoculars if you're patient enough. I believe the SA-11 that brought down MH17 did so without a search radar.

This is a large part of why I keep doing posts of older or weirder aircraft that might suit our needs. Everybody wants F-15Es, but how many people were interested in Romanian Fishbeds or Israeli Phantoms before I got here? :v: This stuff gives our air force character instead of just chucking standoff weapons at everything forever and hopefully gives Yooper a few more fun options for procurement rounds.

We'll probably need all those standoff weapons if when we go to war against a major power.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Tell the Dictator to gently caress off. We're Staying.

Besides if we prove we're reliable to any future employers, we can leverage that for better pay.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper, can you update the asset list? I want to know exactly what Kfirs we have.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yooper posted:

It's updated. The Kfirs are on the bottom of the list.

Ah thanks, didn't see it.

Those SPICE 1000s look really good.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

Just for fun, I looked at possible upgrades to our airframes without buying a whole new bird. Heres what I got.

Upgrade:
Kfir C.10 to Block60

The block 60s aren't in the database yet, maybe when the update comes it will show up.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Us eventually joining up with AngerPEACE is a dialectical inevitability, don't you worry.

In the meantime, we don't need to do much to get the highway, just push them a few miles north. 2 Gripens chock-full of SDB's will absolutely shred their infantry on the frontlines, and let the Count push them back far enough to make the road safe. No need for an alliance or a major operation.

Yeah, based on what we've been told on their ground forces it seems we can get them to retreat from the highway without doing much to reduce our attacks on the dictator's forces. I actually thought sending only the SK60s against them would be enough but SMARF could make that a problem.

EDIT: Realized I never voted. Voting for Coastal CAS but I want a sortie against the highway so we can gain access to the highway and hopefully get Mbeke's Rangers involved in the capital fight via highway transport.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 9, 2017

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

I still say someone should be assigned to the Sperwer. I mean, the cargo planes get named pilots and they usually don't even get deployed.

I'm assigned to the C-130.

I kinda want to move up to a plane that actually gets deployed though.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

If power crystals suggestion is being taken into account I'd like a promotion from my C-130 to a CAS or Multirole aircraft.

Also if we hit their highway positions, will it negatively affect their willingness to defect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

Good news! Based on the list in the OP you got promoted to... the Sperwer. Congratulations :confuoot:

Eh, at least I get "deployed".