Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joe40001
Apr 17, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4NsbixvFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
wrong link check this!!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPO6opxZnTg

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

Is this what we do now?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
No, we usually say gently caress off gurf

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Gurf

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

Hardawn posted:

No, we usually say gently caress off gurf

It's original content worth sharing. It took like 40 hours to make, and the subject matter is cool. The other topics here can't all have OPs that took 40 hours to make. So what's the problemo, homeslice?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
GUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRFFFFFFF

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

Dial-a-Dog posted:

GUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRFFFFFFF

Urbandictionary is not doing me any favors with this Gurf business. But clearly I have upset this tribe of locals.

Does a random gif work as penance?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Gurf is a guy who posts videos of himself being crazy.

Your painting style video algorithm thing seems cool. If I were you, I'd cut the video for a much shorter attention span, get right to the cool filter stuff, and try to get Reddit to notice it, since they have a way larger audience than here.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
pretty cool to accomplish that from knowing nothing about it 5+ months earlier (count the time it took to program it). he needs to factor in some persistence between frames to knock out that flickering. id check applying nlmeans style logic to one of the deep layers

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 30, 2017

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Pretty neat OP

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I keep farting today and it smells like DEATH

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
You're hired!! Seriously, if you study enough to become an expert, whyinthefuck do you want to work for some moron that is going to pay you less than $40,000/yr? Start your own start-up and rake in 6 figures. Be your own boss instead of being a corporate wage slave.

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

Thanks very much!

Zorodius posted:

Your painting style video algorithm thing seems cool. If I were you, I'd cut the video for a much shorter attention span, get right to the cool filter stuff, and try to get Reddit to notice it, since they have a way larger audience than here.

It's funny, I'm really bad at short attention span things so this video is me covering the subject matter like as quick as I possibly can. I do have a video of just the final end piece (which is buried in the comments of the original video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOtELvv3z4o

As far as reddit goes, I posted on some machine learning subreddits, but I don't have a good reddit account I can post in r/videos with. So anybody here looking to snag that precious e-karma is welcome to post it there if anybody is so inclined.

gary oldmans diary posted:

pretty cool to accomplish that from knowing nothing about it 5+ months earlier (count the time it took to program it). he needs to factor in some persistence between frames to knock out that flickering. id check applying nlmeans style logic to one of the deep layers

Thanks, and thanks for the tip. I thought I could probably smooth some of the flickering away but the library I use might not work the same way. I'm sure I could've spent months and months making the video much better, but that would kinda defeat the purpose, because I just want to get to work on a paid project or whatever so I can dedicate that kind of time to it. If my next project is in this video stuff as I hope it is then yeah that stuff you talked about will be something I review thoroughly.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

thats drat cool op

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

dumb and kinda scared posted:

thats drat cool op

Thanks so much!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
get a job op!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
How much $ would it cost me for you to make a pair of glasses that does this in real time (sorta like the snapchat glasses but I want to filter real life in real time, no lag)

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Jeff Sichoe posted:

How much $ would it cost me for you to make a pair of glasses that does this in real time (sorta like the snapchat glasses but I want to filter real life in real time, no lag)

Unless the tech has significantly improved since I last checked, it takes ages just to do a single frame. What you see in the video is all prerendered.

For the glasses you'd have to use photolens or put a stereoscopic camera on a vive.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
gurf trup

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

teach the machine which pics are more or less funny

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Jeff Sichoe posted:

have you tried lsd my nigga

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I thought the thread title said "job nutting" because I'm tired. NE way, someone should spend 5 months teaching a machine to nut please, I think we're ready.

Video man:"We spent 5 months teaching this robvot to jack off + cum. Look at him go!"
Perspective audience: "Haahhah! Yes! Good!!"

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013

I'm trying

Megaspel posted:

Unless the tech has significantly improved since I last checked, it takes ages just to do a single frame. What you see in the video is all prerendered.

For the glasses you'd have to use photolens or put a stereoscopic camera on a vive.

It doesn't take ages, but I don't know if we could do it in less than human response time which is about .3seconds. Does there exist hardware that does this live video display on glasses? Or are we talking about re-purposing a smart phone for such purposes? (I have some Android Background as well)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Good stuff op

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

joe40001 posted:

I'm trying

It doesn't take ages, but I don't know if we could do it in less than human response time which is about .3seconds. Does there exist hardware that does this live video display on glasses? Or are we talking about re-purposing a smart phone for such purposes? (I have some Android Background as well)

Augmented stuff has been around for ages. Microsoft Photolens comes to mind, though I don't know how the transparency works with it. Okreylos does a lot of interesting stuff with just kinect an a VR headset. I really wanna make a robot one day that sends point cloud data back to a VR headset for lagless telepresence.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The learning machine from the BOOK "Battlefield Earth" was p cool.

thats the straight dope
Apr 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pretty cool, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe40001
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks, all!

Regrettably I did not get a job.

• Locked thread