Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adar
Jul 27, 2001
When you're making $1500 a month Youtubing/Twitching just out of college, it's not the worst idea in the world to stream 12 hours a day and use your supportive parents as a piggy bank for a year or two because as I understand it that kind of monetization means you're right on the cusp of blowing up and possibly getting serious money. It won't happen for everybody but it's worth taking a shot (probably won't be in five more years when every 18 year old does it and viewership dips for most people, but now's the time to take those kind of risks).

When you're older than that or have no safety net, not so much. Also it will take three to five years for you just to get to that point which is exactly when everyone will be doing it and you'll have no chance to succeed.

Here's what I'd ask myself if I wanted to bet several years of my life on a very low shot in 2017: do you have a niche that you're good at where you can get yourself noticed because almost no one else is doing the same things on Youtube and yet the handful of people who are doing it badly get views anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread