Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Pearnicious posted:

If cannabis is on the PED list because of its supposed analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties then they should also ban ibuprofen, aspirin, acetaminophen, etc.

If cannabis is on the PED list because of its supposed anti-anxiety and calming properties then they should also ban meditation and breathing exercises.

Getting a good night's sleep and eating a good breakfast is performance enhancing, should we ban that too?

What about kratom? Never tried it and don't know much about it, but it supposedly has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, and it's not banned. The logic is just totally flawed and arbitrary.

TL;DR - cannabis is not a PED, and the only reason it's banned is because it is an illegal controlled substance under the federal government.

In what world are sleep, breakfast, meditation, and breathing exercises performance enhancing drugs?

You are Auron are really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Pearnicious posted:

As someone who has both smoked marijuana and taken Xanax recreationally, I wouldn't want to do either before strenuous physical activity, much less getting into a fight.

Alcohol lowers anxiety too, but I can't imagine many people think being plastered will be much use in a fight. Sure, you might not feel the punches, but you're not going to land any of your own. How many videos of drunken idiots have you seen where they're just flailing around and get completely destroyed by the sober person they're picking a fight with?

Why would I want to be intoxicated immediately before I need to be at my peak physical condition for a fight?

I can ask you the same question: Why is that so hard for you to understand?

When is the last time you recreationally moved aside from lifting yourself off your couch? There is a space between stone cold sober and intoxicated to the point of incontinence where some of the effects of drugs could be useful. You are conveniently ignoring the blurb manyak keeps posting from the USADA that would explain why your position is so hard to understand, aside from your egregious strawman stance. Would it help if someone posted the blurb about how Forest Griffin was so strung out from the idea of fighting Silva that he took (I think) Xanax in order to share the cage with Silva? Would it help if I empty quoted INRI, a literally professional athlete, explaining why weed would be desirable for an athlete? I can even pull anecdotes from an old friend of mine who would take a shot before Ultimate tournaments so that he would care less about other players and make plays that he otherwise would not make.

As someone who has never smoked weed, do you seriously not see the advantages of some of the reasons that you partake in drugs recreationally for athletes?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I always knew that Eddie Gordo was the Ultimate Fighter.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

tesilential posted:

can someone post the joke for those of us who can't access twitter at work?

Mir says he's spent "close to 30 thousand dollars" over the past yr testing supplement to find out why he failed a test last yr. No answers

• Locked thread