Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kuhnackel looks just as effective as Kunitz on the third line lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
You'd think with the number of garbage penalties the refs have called on the Blues, they'd call an actual honest to god holding penalty on the Preds but I guess since the Blues are winning 4-1 there's no need for that

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Preds :(

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Look Around You posted:

Kuhnackel looks just as effective as Kunitz on the third line lol

kuhnhackl is awesome, think he can be a really good bottom 6 (potentially middle 6) guy

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Man the CBJ forecheck is loving stifling. I do not want to see these guys in the playoffs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

With all the trophy talk, especially for Columbus, I'd heard nothing about the Jennings Trophy until just now. WSH leads CBJ by one goal in that race.

e- Well, two now. That was some awful D.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
OSHIE!!!!!!!!!!

He's gonna get PAID.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Gunjin posted:

OSHIE!!!!!!!!!!

He's gonna get PAID.

Was just thinking that. Dude has been incredible.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
BURAKOVSKY!!!!!!!!!!

He's looked real good since coming back.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jesus CHRIST. :stare:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Two just really good plays from Washington. Wow.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

If you play against the Caps and don't anticipate the twister, I don't know what to tell you.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Sheary!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
:siren: Sheary :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sheary is really damned good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about the Stanley Cup PlayoffsTM.

e- :lol: Jody Shelley's story about scrums and what the ref told him: "Are you guys gonna fight? Because if you keep doing that and don't, you're both getting 10s".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 3, 2017

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Gunjin posted:

BURAKOVSKY!!!!!!!!!!

He's looked real good since coming back.

The good thing about a hand injury: you can stil skate like a maniac while healing.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about the Stanley Cup PlayoffsTM.

I think the Jackets match up best against the Pens and honestly CBJ are the team I think the Penguins have the biggest amount of problems with.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

that was the most ridiculous bounce i have seen in a long time

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Flower'esque there from Murray :(

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I legitimately don't think that's on the goalie there at all...

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

how so

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

for reals?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I think the Jackets match up best against the Pens and honestly CBJ are the team I think the Penguins have the biggest amount of problems with.

The effort has been there against two very good hockey teams (CHI, WSH), they just can't finish. The first WSH goal was iffy D, but the second was "How the gently caress did that get in?".

e- Caps are just blowing by the CBJ D here, too.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

wtf cole

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
NISKANEN!!!!!!!!!!

Nice play by Burakovsky.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Look Around You posted:

I legitimately don't think that's on the goalie there at all...

.Spec posted:

for reals?

Didn't Fluery literally have a goal almost exactly like that last year? Hard off the boards and then off his shoulder? I wasn't using it as a disparaging remark in this case.

Edit: This goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzgqbHSpHnk

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 3, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rip jackets

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Burakovsky making the play again, god DANG.

e: Does he get Oshie's slot when TJ shuffles on with his sacks of money?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Burakovsky's had a hell of a game

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

JACKETS....Onnnnnn Theeeeeee POWER P:lol:.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Burakovsky will slot in Oshie's slot and Vrana will slide into his.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

quit taking dumb penalties

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

wait i didn't know you could draw a penalty for hitting yourself in the face with your own stick

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

IT IS ANTHONY STOLARZ TIME MOTHER FUCKERS

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Gunjin posted:

Burakovsky will slot in Oshie's slot and Vrana will slide into his.

I like this plan. I mean, I like it more having an almost-totally-matured Bura on the third line, but Vrana has a pretty high ceiling too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's amazing how much that 3-in-4 stretch with no PPs just absolutely killed the CBJ PP.

e- Two awful turnovers, an awful PP, and Burakovsky evil witchery aside, this I guess hasn't been an awful effort for the Jackets.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 3, 2017

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
There are teams I dislike more than Columbus, but I don't know if there is another team with more players I dislike than the Blue Jackets.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
That injury and the way Thornton skated off all looked really, really bad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I'm not convinced Washington won't throw the bank at Oshie. Especially since Alzner is looking like he is good as gone.

I'm also not convinced that wouldn't be a terrible idea. But man his production is going to be missed if he leaves.

• Locked thread