Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think people are just excited to have new episodes, but yeah this joins the heist episode crawling straight up it's own rear end.

All we need is a Dan Harmon self insert sucking it's own dick, It's meta on multiple levels you see because :words:

Rock bottom will be when they cut to modern day LA in an episode.

It cracked me up in a bad way that he literally inserted his story circle structure that he talks about a bunch as the map for the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The conceit of the parallel universes in the show is "the writers do whatever the gently caress they want as long as the it works for the episode", the whole mythology of evil morty and the citadel and that crap doesn't really work with the way the universe is structured in episodes such as this one as the cronenberg one, if there is always a universe so similar that it contains a rick who is exactly the same only he went zig instead of zag in his last decision then there isn't just one rick c-137 there are countless trillions of them and our Rick can't possibly be unique, this is part of why we get the 'we only get to do this once or twice' joke in the cronenberg episode, it's not that you can't say "these are my in-universe rules", it's just that it's very gimmicky and strips narratives from consequence if you do it too much, from a sci-fi cannonical perspective who gives a poo poo, but pulling from the whole 'oh look we just have another morty who didn't do the stupid thing you saw him doing in the last scene, cause multiverse' will only work well.. a few dozen times.

You really just need to accept that the writers don't care as much about consistency and world building as some fans do.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

Harmon was not a sex pest.

He developed feelings for a subordinate, asked her out, she said no, then he basically froze her out of her job. Scummy and terrible, but not a sex pest

That's a big reduction of what happened.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

ashpanash posted:

There was no pattern. Harmon wasn't a constant and consistent abuser. He made a really bad series of decisions and did the wrong thing and deserves the heat he gets for that. But there's no collection of stories from other people who went through the same experience with him.

I'm sure you're perfect and have never harmed a soul but sometimes people make mistakes and when they sincerely apologize for it and don't do it again, that's a good time to forgive.

Yeah I don't know what all of this is I was just saying that it was a reduction of what happened. Dan put Megan Ganz at the forefront for conventions and interviewers and pushed her hard and afterwards she questioned every bit of her talent because did that all happen because he just wanted to gently caress her? It was a more complicated thing.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Hey, H John Benjamin has made an entire career out of doing one voice. It can be done.

And the best thing he's done the van show episode where they lose the audio equipment for long periods is proof he could be so much more.