Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Oh, a new thread! One of these days I'll get back into playing a few rounds. It's been a while since I last played but it's always fun to revisit the station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This is the kind of engine I would imagine a good 3d space station 13 would be on/look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrQTIGxqEs

This is incredible. How have I missed hearing about this game for so long?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Don't worry about putting food on the floor as chef, the space ants only enhance the flavors.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Blastinus posted:

Just on the servers that take themselves far too seriously.

An actual fun story based on a discussion a page or two back: there was a point in time where you could stuff a man in a crate, stuff that crate into a pod, and then eject the pod's cargo hold to just carry it around. The crate man would be alive and well, despite being compressed into a handheld ball size, and what's even more bizarre, you could go to the kitchen, bake that cargo hold into a pie, and the man would STILL be alive, inside the crate, inside the cargo hold, inside the pie. Should said man-crate-cargohold-pie be consumed, the man would live on inside the body of his host, aware of everything but only able to communicate via radio. And he would never die. Ever.

I have no idea if that's still possible, but for the round in which I was the pie, it was perhaps the most bizarre experience I've ever had on the station.

I can only imagine what your yells on the radio were like. :allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Too many Bibles to the head.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well I might have to actually start playing again if I can set my name to be this

or any other number of dumb images I have lying around.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

"On paper, it's a game about running a space station, but in practice it's a game about refusing to run a space station."

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'd love to have proximity-based voice chat in the game. Though adding voice chat would mean that the radios would be a nightmare of yelling.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Last time I tried playing space DnD we were delivered a bowl of fruit from botany and immediately exploded when we ate them as a faint "by the way if you see fruit around the station you probably shouldn't eat it" on the radio rang in our ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

neogeo0823 posted:

I'll always pimp my best hellburn ever from back in the day.

It's beautiful to both view and read about.