Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Popov time to make some ex-KGB friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I vote old man Popov!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

My votes for Team Toff!

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Toff

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Old man death

CBJamo
Jul 15, 2012

Toff is clearly the most logical choice, but Comrade Popov will have best contacts, da?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Popov for being sent on wild goose chases by a senile Soviet.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.
Say no to age discrimination. Popov is clearly the most qualified.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Don't Tassle with the Toff

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Old Mortality stole my heart and my family's silver.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Kurt Russell and sign me up for the reserves under Annie!

Edit: Changed vote

AmyL fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 11, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Call him Plissken.

And by that I mean Kurt Russell.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Since there might be big trouble in little Tibet who else but Kurt Russel can we choose.:shrug:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Time to bring in the Hoff Toff.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Toff

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Kurt Russell

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The voting margins remain too close to call, will extend voting to tomorrow afternoon.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
Vote TOFF

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Kurt Russel

For gods sake, how can you not see how amazing he will make this?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

NewMars posted:

Kurt Russel

For gods sake, how can you not see how amazing he will make this?

With Popov you can forge new paths but I understand why people are going with a cold-blooded snake cosplayer slithering his way to win the vote.

Still, he looks familiar for some reason, almost like a cosplaying snake that wants to get on an airplane.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 11, 2017

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I am voting for Toff because he is honestly the only one who does what we are supposed to be doing (Popov is cool but guerrilla warfare is more if we get hosed and stuck behind enemy lines for extended periods which seems outside of our ideal mission parimeters). Popov also seems like he would be better at literally anything Kurt could do.

If we had to pick a second one later I would do Popov because guerrilla training would be a good thing to have but I believe actually being taught to work as a small independent unit is something we should probably know given that is what we literally are as a merc company. Plus it allows us to support the fly boys and possible get more $$$ for intel and recon bonuses. I think that will more than pay for the more expensive price.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 11, 2017

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Um... Kurt Russel, obviously.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Burt Reynolds

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Popov, and see if we can get a book deal out of him.
Toff is has small unit tactics, but it's small units of the most bloated military in history. Popov is probably a better choice for working with our budget level.

Roland says "Anything to avoid working with the CIA again."

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We have American troops, and our funding is the highest level we were given an option for. I voted Kurt Russell because I can't pass up that chance, but Toff really is the logical choice.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
One choice may or may not be inherently better than the others. Each Commander brings something unique to the table.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Has to be Kurt Russell

gnapo
Mar 8, 2014
Yeah, let's go with Kurt Russel.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Kurt Russell

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Call me Snake.
I mean Kurt Russel

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Toff

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

I've updated the hit-and-hit-location-roller so that it doesn't think that all limb hits automatically go to the right arm and leg, and the Hired Goon Character Manager spreadsheet has a lot more features now. For example, in addition to the Main sheet, there's a Learning sheet where Learning Point Totals can be entered, which automatically calculates the Skill Level and updates all dependent fields. I need to find some way to give you editing rights on this thing so you can actually use it, and I'll see what I can do about adding shotguns to the hit-location roller.

The offer to make data sheets for modern weapons (or just M16's with ACOGs) still stands, by the way!

e: It can now model shotguns, automatic shotguns, and up to 120 hits.

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 12, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

LatwPIAT posted:

I've updated the hit-and-hit-location-roller so that it doesn't think that all limb hits automatically go to the right arm and leg, and the Hired Goon Character Manager spreadsheet has a lot more features now. For example, in addition to the Main sheet, there's a Learning sheet where Learning Point Totals can be entered, which automatically calculates the Skill Level and updates all dependent fields. I need to find some way to give you editing rights on this thing so you can actually use it, and I'll see what I can do about adding shotguns to the hit-location roller.

The offer to make data sheets for modern weapons (or just M16's with ACOGs) still stands, by the way!

e: It can now model shotguns, automatic shotguns, and up to 120 hits.

You will need his email so you can give him the right to edit sheets via the share function on google docs. Or you can set "anyone with the link can edit" and just PM him the link.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

JcDent posted:

You will need his email so you can give him the right to edit sheets via the share function on google docs. Or you can set "anyone with the link can edit" and just PM him the link.

Let's say that, hypothetically, I don't have the money to buy the ability to PM...

Also!

M4 Carbine

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 13, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

LatwPIAT posted:

Let's say that, hypothetically, I don't have the money to buy the ability to PM...

Hey! Email me at gradenko2000 AT gmail.com. I gotchu fam.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
VOTING CLOSED: RESULT

It was close, neck and neck even, but in the end only one broke through with a huge lead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOHV1T6Kdg

Welcome aboard Mr. Plissken

Final result was 9 Toff, 13 Popov, 17 Russel Cosplayer. I was gonna have a runoff but there was a sudden 4 vote burst for ol' Kurt at the very end.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 13, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Please tell me he's coming into combat with us.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Yes yes yes

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is going exactly where it needs to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Welcome aboard Mr. Plissken

How convenient, someone did a writeup of MacReady in PCCS stats once!

Also, enable PMs or find some way to give me your email so you can get editing access to the Hired Goons Character Manager! :3:

• Locked thread