Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

^^^^
Yeah, and they really didn't like them in WW1 either. Good ol' trench brooms.

Gnoman posted:

Shotguns are fully legal for military use under all international treaties, so long as you don't use hollowpoint slugs. On what insane basis do you think they are "technically a warcrime".

We stopped using them in WW2 (despite being brutally effective) because the Germans filed complains about them being inhumane. Which stopped basically everyone except the Australians, who eventually had to be forced out of it by the higher ups in the UK. Which is why I said "sort of technically".

Up until ballistic plates became popular, shotguns with proper ammo were still pretty effective against body armor. Copper core slugs would punch through most kevlar vests, and even if they didn't they were still going to incapacitate the target enough to move in for a follow up shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I meant stopped using in the conflict. Or at least on paper. Not like they could go and tell every individual soldier to stop using his shotgun.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Historic spergery aside - My point was we should buy shotguns.

The autism apparently backs my play regardless. All in favor, fire wildly into the air.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

chitoryu12 posted:

Either way, I think carbines would be better for close combat than shotguns. They're plenty powerful in close quarters, but they struggle with penetrating armor that a rifle would churn like butter. They also tend to have low capacity and most have tube magazines so they're slow to reload as well.

My suggestion? AKS-74U.

We could use 1 for blowing open doors if we had to. And game hunting if we run low on supplies! :pseudo:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

You pussies can't even take a stick to the leg. And you snickered at me? :smugdog:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Phi230 posted:

To answer you previous question, yes, Bogdan's cousin with firing range is 75k (base hire cost) + 50k (rangemaster addon) + 75k (firing range). To pay extra for rangemaster duties means he will train our guys in marksmanship and general guns skills in addition to auxiliary skills.

I believe you now owe me a coke, Doctor.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

simplefish posted:

I have far more exciting substances in this bag than cola...

But not nearly as delicious. Do you know how hard it is going to be for me to get a cold coke in Angola? I'd kill a man for one.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Loel posted:

goddamnit this is why you dont give grunts free time

if you cant take out the next radar station we're cutting your funds :argh:

How are you going to cut our funding from Zero? Pff.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Can Bogdan get us some flails?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Reviewing the Illuminati plan, $144,000 was our small arms budget out of the combined stipends for users if someone wants to come up with a quick small arms proposal. His plan already includes radios, armor, helmets, shovels, and some rocket launchers, so we mostly just need guns.

I'm at work right now so I can't really take the time to do it, though I can draft something up like 6 hours from now if we don't have a budget plan by then.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yes, people only need to buy personal weapons, attachments, hand grenades, and sidearms.

I would suggest that our DMR guy(s) get bipod(s) and that we buy at least one M203 but the whole point of the exercise is that each individual gets to kit himself out.

Yeah, nobody is faulting you for that. We didn't find out until after we voted that customization isn't on the table. No big deal.

I would request that we do pick up 1 870 though. It's not that expensive.

I second Popete's suggestion for the BAR. Beyond that, I'm mostly down for whatever people want.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Maybe pick up 1 or 2 of the lasersights for our entry team? Could be useful in close quarters, though I have no idea what kind of bonus they convey in this system. We have some night vision goggles on hand so they might work with that if they're the right type? I dunno. Still useful for getting on target fast at close range.

[EDIT]
Oh, and yeah, lots of grenades.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We need to find a bear cub we can train to be an artillery man (and spy catcher!) like Private Wojtek. Or he can go with our entry team!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

We don't get clarification on the weapons, because Bogdan doesn't let us see the weapons before we buy them. We get what we get.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

:siren::siren::siren::siren:PLEASE QUOTE THIS POST IN ITS ENTIRETY LISTS IF YOU UPDATE IT ---- AND THEN REMOVE THE QUOTE TAGS FROM AROUND IT FOR YOUR POST :siren::siren::siren::siren:
That way we can keep a "most current" list.
If you don't "unquote" the post, then the guy or gal after you can't update the list easily because you can't quote quotes on the forums.
That's why I used [ code] tags - the quotes where I try to show why I've chosen certain things will disappear, but the coded buying shouldn't

If you make changes, remember to update 4 things:
- Your entry
- The "Buy list for Bogdan"
- the communal pool funds
- the bogdan's stores list

In the meantime, we can all spend the communal pool stuff, there seems to be some popular agreement trending, like bipods.
Doing it this way means everyone gets what they want to a fair degree ($12k of fairness) then we can supplement whatever else in spending the leftovers in the kitty.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

STARTING EQUIPMENT:
code:
BATTLE RIFLES:
M16A2..........x24

GRENADE LAUNCHER:
M16A2 M203.....x1

SNIPER RIFLES:
M24............x2

MGs:
M60............x1
M2 .50.........x1

HANDGUNS:
M92F...........x3
M1911A1........x1

ROCKET LAUNCHER:
LAW............x1

GRENADES &C:
M67 FRAG......x20
M19A1 PHOSPHOR.x5
M18A1 CLAYMORE.x3
SMOKE GREN.....x5

PERSONAL EQUIP.:
NVG............x2

ALREADY PURCHASED BY POPULAR VOTE (ILLUMINATI):
Flak Jackets 12x
Helmets 12x

Binocs 6x
Shovel 12x

Long-Range Radio
Radio Headset 4x
Radio 8x

60mm Commando Mortar
LAW
RPG-18
RPG-7

PERSONAL BUYS: (Budget $12k each):

ACTUARY:

We have a pistol already, we now have light armour, so he buys an M1 carbine, bayonet and knife
code:
M1 CARBINE - $800
BAYONET - $500
KNIFE - $750
-------------------------------
TOTAL: $2050
REMAINDER FOR POT: $9950
MACFISH:
I'm going to buy up all the grenades I can and the rest of the comms headsets. I've moved my buy up here because that way anyone asking for grenades or headsets gets to save more money for their good things!
8 headsets for a total of 12, then frags, then phosphorous, then the rest is my priority.
Unfortunately there are only 6 headsets left, so 2 guys aren't going to get them.
code:
RADIO HEADSET ($1200) x6 = $7200
M-67 FRAG ($800) x6 = $4800
TOTAL: $12,000
REMAINDER FOR POT: $0
POTATO:
NO REQUEST MADE
code:
TOTAL: $0
REMAINDER FOR POT: $12,000
SPANKY:

Looks like Old Man Spanky here has a WW2 thing going on.
He's got no hope in hell of buying the Sherman, even if we all pooled our stipends, but we can get him that BAR. But not the Garand as well, that's 10k.

code:
BAR M1918 - $ 7,000 
TOTAL: $7,000
REMAINDER FOR POT: $5000
POPETE:

Big list here, let's see what Santa can do.
BAR is 7k, but already bought for our stores by Spanky. Sorry, I need to get the elves to make more.
M1919 is 10k
M16A2 - going to guess that's low down on the list since we already have 2 for each soldier, but for future reference they're $1800
M16A2 M203 - $2400 each
"like 10 AK-74" = like $15,000 ($1500 each)
The RPG-7, we already bought. There are some RPG-18s left though.

Obviously the M1919 is expensive, but with a few people talking about a crew weapon, I imagine that it'll win the vote to spend communal pot money on, should you (Popete) want to remove it from your list to buy more other stuff)
RPG would have gone in here, remember there are still RPG-18s though
I'm going to prioritise the M203 next, because of our abundance of rifles.
Then the AK-74s because it's a bit different
Then the M16A2 because we have those already

code:
M1919A6 - $10,000
TOTAL: $10,000
REMAINDER FOR POT: $2000
TESLA COLA:

Looks to me like a bayonette, plate carrier, I bought all the headsets already, the M203, and then 2 M68 frag
code:
BAYONETTE - $500
Kevlar Plate Carrier w/ Steel Plates Included - $5,000
M16A2 M203 - $2400
M68 FRAG ($1000) x2 = $2000
TOTAL: $9900
REMAINDER FOR POT: $2100
DREAD:

Dread's posted his personal loadout, and has helpfully not priced the things that don't need buying. Numbers are a bit off though.
code:
REMINGTON 870  - $1600
M68 FRAG = $1000
M67 FRAG ($800) x2 - $1600
TOTAL: $4200
REMAINDER FOR POT: $7800
STEVE:
NO REQUEST MADE
code:
SNAKE DOCTOR:

Looks like he might want an H&K M91
I've left off the frag because I already went through all the posts and they're all bought for our stores already. There are RGD frag grenades left if you want to sub those in.

code:
Heckler and Koch M91 - $4,000
AK-74  - $1500
1x Laser sight - $2500
1x M18A1 Claymore - $2000
TOTAL: $10000
REMAINDER FOR POT: $2000
COUNT:

Wow. A lot to parse here.
So Count really wants the M2, that much is clear. And on a personal level wants a M14. So we'll put that at the top. The M14, I mean. We already have an M2 and a second one would be $20k but that's beyond the stipend. If you want to get a vote going to buy it out of the communal pot though...
Next was "3 marksman rifles" but since the M14 is mentioned in that list, I'm going to parse it as 2 marksman rifles extra
A bipod and a sight for all 3 of those
The BAR is popular! But it's already in our stores.
"some" M1 carbines, PPsHs, and Remington 870s. Let's say 2 of each. But we won't be able to afford them.
Gonna put grenade launchers near the top, Count "really likes" grenade launchers
And some more M1 carbines? Okay...

Right, the M14 is at the top, followed by the grenade launchers, followed by the PPsH because it's the most different to what we have so far out of M1 Carbines and Remington 870s. We already have marksman rifles that we aren't using.

code:
M14 - $3,500
M16A2 M203 ($2400) x2 = $4800
PPsH 41 - $3,000
TOTAL: $11,300
REMAINDER FOR POT: $700
DWYANE:
NO REQUEST MADE
code:
GRIMACE:

Okay, we already have one 870 (Dread requested one be bought). The BAR (once again) is on the "to buy" list.
A laser sight could be fun, then I'll just stock it out with grenades. you can change this later if you like.
code:
Laser Sight - $2,500
2x M68 FRAG ($1000) = $2000
2x M67 FRAG ($800) = $1600
7x RGD-5 FRAG ($750) = $5250
TOTAL: $11,350
REMAINDER FOR POT: $650
Phew! That was a lot!

Now let's write a BUY LIST FOR BOGDAN based off the above
(I'm going to leave out the Illuminati plan since I have a hunch Phi has already processed that, and besides it's above)
code:

BAYONET x2
KNIFE x1
RADIO HEADSET x6
Laser Sight x2
Kevlar Plate Carrier w/ Steel Plates Included x1

M16A2 M203 x3
Heckler and Koch M91 x1
AK-74 x1
M1 CARBINE x1
M14 x1
BAR M1918 x1
M1919A6 x1

REMINGTON 870  x2
PPsH 41 x1

M-67 FRAG x10
M68 FRAG x5
RGD-5 FRAG x7
M18A1 Claymore x1
There remains in the communal pot
REMAINDER FOR COMMUNAL POT:
9950+0+12000+5000+2000+2100+7800+12000+2000+700+12000+650
=$66,200
= $64,600

There remains in Bogdan's stores:

code:

[b]ARMOR[/b]

3x Flak Jacket - $1500

9x Kevlar Plate Carrier w/ Steel Plates Included - $5,000

3x EOD Suit - $15,000

18x US Infantry Helmet Circa 1987 - $150

[b]Accessories[/b]

12x Harris Bipod - $1000

2x Laser Sight - $2,500

8x 9mm Silencer - $10,000

1x 5.56 Silencer -$ 25,000

14x Binocular - $600

12x Personal Radio - $400

1x Long-Range Backpack Radio -$15,000

13x Entrenching Tool - $100

[b]Hand to Hand Combat[/b]

14x Combat Knife -$750

18x Bayonet - $500

[b]Small Arms[/b]

(unlimited) AK-74 - $1,500

6x M16A2 - $1,800

6x Remington 870 - $1,600

1x M1 Garand - $10,000

10x Galil - $1,700

9x M14 - $3,500

29x M1 Carbine - $800

1x Civilian Semi-Automatic Mac 10 - $500

24x Heckler and Koch M91 - $4,000

9x PPsH 41 - $3,000

2x SKS - $5,000

1x M2HB HMG - $20,000

2x M1919A6 - $10,000

[b]Explosive Weapons[/b]

60x Molotov Cocktail, Dom Perignon bottles - $120

15x RGD-5 FRAG - $750

1x 10lbs TNT charge - $25,000

3x M18A1 Claymore - $2,000

1x LPO-50 Flamethrower - $50,000 

[b]Launchers[/b]

4x RPG-18 -$7,500

[b]Crew Served Weapons[/b] *crew not included *will incur operating cost (ammo) *only HE shells included

1x AGS-17 Plamya Automatic Grenade Launcher - $75,000

1x QF  17 pounder - $150,000

1x M29A1 81mm Mortar - $150,000 

1x 152mm Gun-Howitzer (Chinese Built) - $ 500,000 

HEAT shells - $ 50,000
White Phosphorus Anti-Personnel/Smoke Rounds - $25,000 

[b]Vehicles[/b] *crew not included *will incur operating costs (fuel/ammo) *only HE shells included

1x T-34-76B - $175,000

1x M4A3-76(w) - $ 350,000 

:siren::siren::siren::siren:PLEASE QUOTE THIS POST IN ITS ENTIRETY LISTS IF YOU UPDATE IT ---- AND THEN REMOVE THE QUOTE TAGS FROM AROUND IT FOR YOUR POST :siren::siren::siren::siren:
That way we can keep a "most current" list.
If you don't "unquote" the post, then the guy or gal after you can't update the list easily because you can't quote quotes on the forums.
That's why I used [ code] tags - the quotes where I try to show why I've chosen certain things will disappear, but the coded buying shouldn't

If you make changes, remember to update 4 things:
- Your entry
- The "Buy list for Bogdan"
- the communal pool funds
- the bogdan's stores list

In the meantime, we can all spend the communal pool stuff, there seems to be some popular agreement trending, like bipods.
Doing it this way means everyone gets what they want to a fair degree ($12k of fairness) then we can supplement whatever else in spending the leftovers in the kitty.

I edited the list to be 2x 870s in case both Dread and I want to carry one on the same mission, or in case one breaks, or goes missing, or we have to club a baby seal to death with it or something.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Simplefish!

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 22, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

simplefish posted:

Zao can you do me a favour and fix the code tags I hosed up? just at the start and end messages put a space in the tag, like I have edited my big list post to have

And, uh, yeah, edit the Grimace section too.

Done for the code tags. I edited the communal pool part instead of the Grimace specific part, so the numbers still jive.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

simplefish posted:

I dropped some Russian hand grenades to fit the 870 in your budget

I was in budget when I posted my initial purchase order. The one Dread posted? Literally just copy and pasted mine (as he says in his post), but you didn't include my initial post in your list.

My posts after that were when we were making recommendations for the communal pot when Phi started making calls for a group buy.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

simplefish posted:

Yeah probably, my brain is mush atm tbh. Anyway your shotgun is in, numbers all work, everything's cook

I hear you on the brain mush. Haven't slept in a few days myself. No big deal.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

JcDent posted:

By the way, can the game simulate Mozambique Drill?

We practice the Chinese Radar drill in this company. Two shots wildly overhead and then one square in the forehead. It is surprisingly effective!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Renaissance Spam posted:

I thought the plan was elephants, so we could mount machine guns onto them and become modern Hannibals?

I recommended a bear for either artilleryman or entry team, and as resident spy catcher. :v:

Also, Bogdan, you bastard, you only gave us 1 870. :argh: Dibs! or I suppose somewhat more appropriately, "shotgun!".

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Are there stats for a Pancor Jackhammer? Might as well go full retard with our shotgun buys.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dreadwroth posted:

I'm not the only one who requested a shotgun, and I'm totally naming mine Ginger for reasons.

Unfortunately the modified budget I submitted that had a second shotgun didn't get accepted, so we've only got the one.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

I love the idea of a mercenary company stopping in the middle of the mission to argue about why there's only one shotgun when everyone knows we were supposed to buy a second shotgun.

Technically we're not in the middle of a mission anymore. We completed our one mission, now everyone but the good doctor and myself are having a Trial of Position. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

xthetenth posted:

I'm going to die from not opting out vociferously enough, aren't I?

No, no, no... Well, yes.

Fortunately, we now have a field hospital so Doctor McFish has actual medical tools and supplies now, plus some help. No more using old candy wrappers as bandages for us!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Does the game model blowguns and poison darts?

Captain Teemo, on duty. :getin:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

UberJew posted:

weird but true; there's no safe way to knock somebody out :tem:

not like you're short of backup people anyway

I mean, we could have someone go all Agent 47 and fight in the thunderdome with a sedative syringe. That'd be mostly safe.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

UberJew posted:

with this crew's medical skills? if they're lucky it would be a small enough dose not to do anything, else be pretty swiftly fatal :v:

Well, there's always the Shadowrun option: A SuperSoaker full of sedative or poison that is absorbed through the skin. Totally safe! :pseudo:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

CirclMastr posted:

Shadowrun is awesome and I won't hear otherwise.

I certainly wasn't bashing it. I love Shadowrun, and I backed all the PC games HBS made to boot.

I love it for its crazy poo poo like that, I don't hold it against it. You could pull off a decent Joker gimmick in Shadowrun and have it be fairly effective even based off rules as written. You want to send people a jack in the box in the mail that hits them with a pie that the icing is a skin-absorptive hallucinogen that drives them insane? Totally a thing you can do! Poo-gas bombs that make people laugh uncontrollably until their hearts explode? Sure thing. Joybuzzer cyberware to electrocute people? Not even a problem.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Every round is a called shot to the nuts. Or in the true Mr. Welch spirit, called shots to the eyes with a sledgehammer.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I used to be a mercenary, then I took a round to the knee. At which point I continued to be a mercenary and shot that motherfucker square in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Night10194 posted:

Why does a crazy 'hyper realistic' tactical military game have whip rules

Indiana Jones fought Nazis with a whip. :colbert:

• Locked thread