Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Dammit I got caught up over the weekend and forgot to sign up!

Sign me up as Guns as a reservist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
There's no substitute for experience. Option 2.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Taking shots at 0% chance to hit. I'm off to a rollicking good start. At least the techs surrendered.

[EDIT]
And yeah, seems like we picked basically the worst person possible to give the M60 to for this.

Come on now, I have every confidence that Popete will have that m60 set up in time to watch the air strike.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
When is it going to be my turn to fail to carry an m60?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

nothing to seehere posted:

Yea, the much more important thing to get hold of rather than any new guns is MODERN BODY ARMOUR. Seriously, modern ceramic/fibre mix armours are really good at stopping bullets if you can deal with the extra 20-40kg of weight (it's also alot easier to get hold of than weapons, because body armour is legal for sale in most jurisdictions, even ones that restrict firearms!)

The weight of that body armor will plunge the entire team into permanent slow motion. They will start fiddling with a bipod and the enemies will just stare at them in amazement at their sloth like motion as their bipod fiddling continues over hours and hours.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I second the vote in favor of a steroid fitness regime for all soldiers as well as sending them into the AO naked for weight savings. We should think about amphetamines also to address their general sluggishness until their overall fitness improves. These might seem like drastic measures but really they're the only responsible thing to do.

It's becoming painfully obvious how we all failed out of basic.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Seems like a lot of people want to get into the leadership business.

I propose that we decide leadership positions based on single combat to the death with close combat weapons. Maybe medic positions too.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Phi230 posted:

I am really down for us to determine squad leader rolls by non-lethal Thunderdome.

Like whomever gets knocked down first loses, and everyone wears heavy rigid armor and has a stick.

Sounds Ike Phoenix Command anticipated exactly this type of scenario. I think the two by four is the most appropriate. The scissors or the bottle might lead to nasty eye injuries.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
But that's 140,000 damage and the average Hired Goon only had 90,000 Thought Points. That will leave our leader with -50,000 thoughts to spend.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
We need to buy a QF 17 pounder. Top of the line in 1945!

Let's see Popete try and carry THAT thing.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Well we have to get the QF 17 pounder and obviously the ppsh's because they are so...bullets so much.

Obviously we need radios and most urgently, we need EOD suits to carry out Thunderdome properly.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
We should buy all the molotovs because a big enough fire will do much of the fighting for us.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Where are we on the process of obtaining and training a bear for general warfare purposes?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
See it's unarmed contests like this where a war bear would really shine. He/she would have like 30 strength and claws and we wouldn't have the ineffectual human slap fights.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 22, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Ikasuhito posted:

That thing is hideous. It looks like someone tried to over complicate a Tommy gun.

I think it actually looks like a bog-standard AR in real life.

It's just that 70's era animation was a real garbage fire so they drew it all sorts of hosed up. It doesn't even look like it has a pistol grip in those frames.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 24, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Dreadwroth posted:

I'm not the only one who requested a shotgun, and I'm totally naming mine Ginger for reasons.

Zaodai posted:

Unfortunately the modified budget I submitted that had a second shotgun didn't get accepted, so we've only got the one.

Thunderdome will settle this. Put the shotgun in the middle, first person to reach it and shoot the other gets to keep it.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

xthetenth posted:

I'm going to die from not opting out vociferously enough, aren't I?

Hey, hey, c'mon now, that's negative thinking. You probably won't die. In fact, you might even kill your squadmate! Wouldn't that be an ego booster?

No?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
A chair and a wrench? drat.

Also is that 92% chance of recovery assuming no field hospital or is there an 8% chance we're going to lose a merc to wrench damage even including the hospital?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

UberJew posted:

weird but true; there's no safe way to knock somebody out :tem:

I know that, and there's really no remotely safe way for two adults to fight each other with chairs and rocks and wrenches in any case.

But I am still hoping that Dread makes a full recovery. He did such a good job parrying with that big chair of his. I hope he goes on to fight in other thunderdomes with other chairs and I wish him all the best in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Great to hear that this thread didn't take a scissors to the neck!

Unlike that one unfortunate merc. But let's not talk about that. Let's stay positive.

• Locked thread